Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

My Grandfather passed away two years ago. I want to get his initials tattooed on me, but I'm having a hard time deciding on an appropriate font to use and where on my body I want to get it done. Anyone have any help?

Thanks for the suggestion Radio, I friend of mine told me about this site dafont, it's crazy like 10 000 differnet fonts.. anyways here's four I found that I like

ses1.png

ses2.png

ses3.png

ses4.png

Thanks for the suggestion Radio, I friend of mine told me about this site dafont, it's crazy like 10 000 differnet fonts.. anyways here's four I found that I like

ses4.png

That would look damn cool as a tat. It would have to be fairly large to get all the fine detail.

I keep getting comments/compliments on my Maple Leaf/Map it at the gym...no big deal. I just wish they wouldn't choose the showers to strike up a conversation about it *L*

Nothing like a conversation with a naked, soapy stranger :(

Got a question about a possible "trend" in tattooing. I started wearing #13 as much as possible in about 2001, and always liked roman numerals, so of course I often doodle XIII on my stuff when Im bored. I wouldn't get a tattoo of it, but I've begun seeing it occasionally tattooed on people, and it's ALWAYS XIII. Anyone know whats it about? It seems somehow related to music based on the people I see it on and their other tats, but I've never botherred to ask about it.

ses1.png

Can someone please tell me what the name of this font is? I have been looking all over that dafont.com site. Cheers.

Radio - Not been on this thread for a little while, I just got to say the hockey/map tat is one of the best i've seen, ever, I love it!!!

Got a question about a possible "trend" in tattooing. I started wearing #13 as much as possible in about 2001, and always liked roman numerals, so of course I often doodle XIII on my stuff when Im bored. I wouldn't get a tattoo of it, but I've begun seeing it occasionally tattooed on people, and it's ALWAYS XIII. Anyone know whats it about? It seems somehow related to music based on the people I see it on and their other tats, but I've never botherred to ask about it.

My first thought for 13 comes from the Pixies song "Number 13 Baby".

13 has a lot of lucky/unlucky/religious/gang/drug connotations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/13_%28number%29

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_does_a_tatt...er_13_symbolize

A tattooer down here (Dallas), named Oliver Peck owns a place called Elm St Tattoo, and every friday the 13 you can get a small 13 from a bunch of different flash sheets for 13 bucks plus a 7 dollar tip. He has the Guiness book record for most tattoos in a 24 hour period. And is a crazy good tattooist.

Edited by dangross

I keep getting comments/compliments on my Maple Leaf/Map it at the gym...no big deal. I just wish they wouldn't choose the showers to strike up a conversation about it *L*

As long as she's cute, I have no problem with it. B)

A tattooer down here (Dallas), named Oliver Peck owns a place called Elm St Tattoo, and every friday the 13 you can get a small 13 from a bunch of different flash sheets for 13 bucks plus a 7 dollar tip. He has the Guiness book record for most tattoos in a 24 hour period. And is a crazy good tattooist.

I used to live on the original Elm Street half a mile from the house that the movie was based on.

As long as she's cute, I have no problem with it. B)

Co-ed Gym...yes. Co-ed showers...no!

Didn't Kat Von D break that record at a convention last year?

I've been told that getting a tat on your ribs is pretty damn painful, any truth? I want to get my fathers initials and was thinking of my side but not too sure of where to get it.

Waiting for G-Money to chime in on this one.

Just took a few pictures over to my artist friday to have them drawn up, said he would give me a call this week. I'm pumped to finally finish my right half sleeve! I'll post pictures as soon as its done!

So I got my first tattoo today, drove 3 hours to get it done. All the way from LI to Rhode Island. Here's the story...

My uncle passed about 2 months ago unfortunately, he had always talked about getting me my first tattoo as a sort of 18th birthday present [20 now] however I could not decide what I had wanted on my body for the rest of my life at the time. He had always said when I'm ready his guy had just moved from Florida, where my uncle lived to Rhode Island so they would have to set something up. So after my uncle had passed it kind of hit me I should get my first tattoo in memory of him. It had become kind of a fantasy type thought that maybe I could find his artist to do mine. Well I started a search checking out local parlors on the island but also had an idea, I went to my uncles old website, which still is up and functioning and noticed on the bottom it had a little box saying "Tattoo Mike" Ink then a phone number but it was a Florida number which I assumed was old. So a week or so after his passing we had a memorial party in my uncles memory which was pretty cool, we had it in NY and at the same time where he used to live in Indiana [his sister lives there now] and in Florida where his girlfriend and he lived some of his close friends came just to hang out tell stories etc. As my family is setting up for our party my dad says "Hey Rhode Island plates outside" My mom says oh maybe thats tattoo Mike....before I could talk to him in person he had left but I did get a website fromt he back of his truck so I shoot him an e-mail and by the next day I find out he is the artist who had tattooed my uncle and would be privileged to do mine.

And the final product...

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9656...mp;id=847370520