Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I will.

I guessing issues with red stem from having a hard time differentiating ink from blood while working...so it is probably harder to get a consistent solid color. But, touch ups are free...so a second trip isn't the end of the world.

i havent had any issues with red ink, but i have issues with yellows and whites. from what i can understand its not a specific color for the entire population, but certain people cant handle certain colors due to their skin tone and the "quality" of the skin. unfortunatly the only way you will know how red is going to heal on you is to get the tattoo in red and see what happens.

i havent had any issues with red ink, but i have issues with yellows and whites. from what i can understand its not a specific color for the entire population, but certain people cant handle certain colors due to their skin tone and the "quality" of the skin. unfortunatly the only way you will know how red is going to heal on you is to get the tattoo in red and see what happens.

She told me white is very hard to do well...so, the 'ice' will be left my normal skin tone...and she may do some whispy light greys like the smoke in my dragon. I can't remember exactly what technique she called it.

There will be a lot of red...so the prospect of it not looking right does scare me a little. But, I'm sure they've seen enough skin tones that if my looks problematic she will let me know before we get to that point.

When I was younger, few people had tattoos. People who had been in the military often had a tattoo, as well as people who hung out in groups/gangs. The only person from my peers who had a tattoo was my brother. However, watch an NBA game from the early 90's, and it's quite obvious tattoos have been a fad over the last 10-13 years -- one that is likely here to stay.

I remember visiting my friends in New England around 1995, while i was living in SD, and I told them they'd be seeing tattos and goatees shortly. They gave me a funny look, so I told them, "Most fads start in Southern Cal. I guarantee you that you'll start seeing guys growing goatees and having a barbed wire type tattoo." Sure enough....

About four years after that, it was girls putting pin striping on the nape of the back.

Maybe five years ago, people started added Chinese characters.

The last two to three years, I've noticed the trend is to have multiple tattoos. It appears some people have tried to create an element of composition as they transition into each other, almost like a mural, while many appear to be adding tattoos randomly.

However, because getting a tattoo has clearly become a rite of passage, one concern I have for the kids who are having ink in more visible locations is it might hurt them occasionally in the future. In other words, tattoos on the neck or hands can't be hidden when needed, such as in job interviews.

Agree on the job interview. My younger brother just got a tattoo on each wrist. I love the concept, the initials of two close friends who died in a car crash, but I would not be surprised if down the road it hurts him because the interviewer disapproves.

My red ink turned to pink pretty fast...not good <_<

That sucks. I've had red ink for a couple months now and it is still just as red as ever.

the longest I've had some red is like 20 months id say and it is still fire engine red. as long as it is quality ink, and the artist knows what they are doing it should be fine, Matt id think that red would pop on your skin well because you are borderline albino, similar to myself.

the longest I've had some red is like 20 months id say and it is still fire engine red. as long as it is quality ink, and the artist knows what they are doing it should be fine, Matt id think that red would pop on your skin well because you are borderline albino, similar to myself.

Ha...if we were any whiter...we'd be see through.

When I was younger, few people had tattoos. People who had been in the military often had a tattoo, as well as people who hung out in groups/gangs. The only person from my peers who had a tattoo was my brother. However, watch an NBA game from the early 90's, and it's quite obvious tattoos have been a fad over the last 10-13 years -- one that is likely here to stay.

I remember visiting my friends in New England around 1995, while i was living in SD, and I told them they'd be seeing tattos and goatees shortly. They gave me a funny look, so I told them, "Most fads start in Southern Cal. I guarantee you that you'll start seeing guys growing goatees and having a barbed wire type tattoo." Sure enough....

About four years after that, it was girls putting pin striping on the nape of the back.

Maybe five years ago, people started added Chinese characters.

The last two to three years, I've noticed the trend is to have multiple tattoos. It appears some people have tried to create an element of composition as they transition into each other, almost like a mural, while many appear to be adding tattoos randomly.

However, because getting a tattoo has clearly become a rite of passage, one concern I have for the kids who are having ink in more visible locations is it might hurt them occasionally in the future. In other words, tattoos on the neck or hands can't be hidden when needed, such as in job interviews.

Agree on the job interview. My younger brother just got a tattoo on each wrist. I love the concept, the initials of two close friends who died in a car crash, but I would not be surprised if down the road it hurts him because the interviewer disapproves.

I've noticed an increased prevalence of neck tattoos in the two years since I wrote that, which calls to mind something I read that Brian Setzer had said. His arms and backs are covered with tattoos, but he said his father's advice was to make sure he could hide the tattoos when needed, such as during a job interview or before a judge.

It's not hard to imagine occasions when people with ink on on the side of their neck would have been better served by putting the message three inches lower.

you get it Radiogaga? :D

Unrelated note, anyone use TattooGoo? Been a few year since my last tattoo so I don't remember the healing process too well. But this salve seems to be doing really well on it. Wondering if anyone else has used it/impressions

I've used Tattoo Goo, H2Ocean and just plain old A&D ointment. I tried a new one on each of my 3 tattoos, respectively, and the third that I used A&D on healed the fastest.

Edited by reyno2ac

I am sure its been asked somewhere in the thread, but has anyone gotten a tattoo then played within the next few days? I'm planning on getting my first soon and wanted to make sure I could play within a day or two of getting it.

I am sure its been asked somewhere in the thread, but has anyone gotten a tattoo then played within the next few days? I'm planning on getting my first soon and wanted to make sure I could play within a day or two of getting it.

2pages back. Played a couple days after in stick and puck. Didn't bother me

penstatbige.jpg

Just in time for playoffs!! :) Got this done on Saturday, this picture is from just after taking off the wrap when I got home.

Edited by Fire0nIce228

Right outta the chair...My tribute to Canada and Hockey:

DSCF1149.jpg

The map is a little bigger than in my original...I think she had to for the sake of the detail...I think it looks better with the big map. Besides the coloring in SUCKS...so that left less red to color.

She thought the red would heal up nice...in fact her skin is very similr to mine and she showed be a red bird she has had for over 5 years and it still look nice and bright...so I'm not really worried

wow that is sweet!

Thanks. I'm quite happy with her work. I've got 3 tats...she's done 2. I'll go back to her if (...ahem, WHEN) I get another.

wow that is sweet!

Thanks. I'm quite happy with her work. I've got 3 tats...she's done 2. I'll go back to her if (...ahem, WHEN) I get another.

:lol: i know that feeling! Im in that boat now. When i was getting my latest done a couple weeks ago i was telling myself thats it, im done. As soon as he finished it, i was thinking "alright, see ya in a month or two"

The more i see it tho, it just looks so cool! (and shiny!) :D

*Pic*

The map is a little bigger than in my original...I think she had to for the sake of the detail...I think it looks better with the big map. Besides the coloring in SUCKS...so that left less red to color.

She thought the red would heal up nice...in fact her skin is very similr to mine and she showed be a red bird she has had for over 5 years and it still look nice and bright...so I'm not really worried

No offense to anyone else, but that has got to be one of the coolest tattoos ever. Hockey related or not.

*Pic*

No offense to anyone else, but that has got to be one of the coolest tattoos ever. Hockey related or not.

The thing that is cool about the design..is it can inspire new designs without be copied directly. Take your state...or province...or country...or city map...add the hockey lines and a flag, or element from your flag...and you've got the possibility of hundreds of different tattoo's based on the same idea, but it can still be individual.