Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Well i thought that picutre that i orginally wanted was no where but i found it on a t-shirt so i decided to change up the tattoo and this is what i ended up getting.

IMG_1509.jpg

Edited by oggy_3

Well i thought that picutre was no where but i found it on a t shirt so i decided to change up the tattoo and this is what i ended up getting.

IMG_1509.jpg

looks pretty good actually

Just throwing this out there, The red on my flag faded to a very light withing about 2 weeks. I knew it would fade alot, but I didn't think it would be that quick. Still looks great though

Just throwing this out there, The red on my flag faded to a very light withing about 2 weeks. I knew it would fade alot, but I didn't think it would be that quick. Still looks great though

Lots of sun + new tat = bad. :/

Also letting them sweat a lot when new is bad.

mmmm I don't think so. A good tattoo shouldn't fade like that, that fast. It should take decades in the sun to fade. If it fades that quickly it means the artist didn't put the ink in the right depth. It's just getting carried away by your blood stream.

Well its still red, but it just changed alot within a couple weeks. I'm also pretty sure I didnt take very good care of it so it is all my fault.

Well the artist told me do not get it wet for two weeks but i have hockey friday and i;m already missing tuesday soo all have to see what is going to happen also wheni go on im going put the oitment on it and all go off the ice half way through and put so more on hopefully it will work

dont use too much ointment or it will clog your pores and small zits will appear in the tattoo and then the ink can possibly be rejected. i played hockey the same day i got my stars done and it was fine, just make sure that you keep your pads from sticking to it as little as possibe or it will remove the peeling skin.

arlite thanks cougarcaptain87 and today is the 5th day and almost the whole side of one part of the flag is already peeled off good or bad?? and im not picking at it i jsut noticed at the end of work it just fell off

peeling is fine, probally 90% of people peel, the other 10% are lucky and dont, all mine have peeled and they look dull for a few days right after, then they get closer to the original darkness.

yeah one side of the canadian flag peeled right away and it looks great and the other peeled like two days ago and it still has like a milky layer over it.

Edited by oggy_3

There are two widely used methods for healing a tattoo. The wet method and the dry method.

Usually people will swear by one or the other.

I personally have had the best luck with the wet method, although I didn't learn about it until about 2 years ago, so my entire right arm and back were healed using the dry method.

The wet method, used less I think, keeps the tattoo moist and covered for the first 72 hours of healing. You have the bandage on it for the first 3 hours to soak up all the plasma that is oozing out of it, clean it, then apply A&D ointment to it. I use the product Tat Wax, and it's awesome. Anyway, then you cover it with plastic wrap. 3-4 times a day you wash it re-A&D and re-plastic wrap. You never get the crusty flakes falling off. I think the color looks much better when healed this way, and there is less chance of a crusty flake getting knocked off too early.

The dry method just has you apply lotion or ointment to it every so often leaving it exposed to the air. You get the pealing crusties.

how long do you continue to cover the tattoo? the method sounds good becasue im getting a rib piece, and i was dreading the peeling and the rubbing of the shirt for the first week of the healing process.

how long do you continue to cover the tattoo? the method sounds good becasue im getting a rib piece, and i was dreading the peeling and the rubbing of the shirt for the first week of the healing process.

72 Hours- I highly recommend Tat Wax. If your skin is sensitive it may not like the lanolin in A&D.

Gee cougar, you really have gone tat-crazy *L* I still haven't gotten number 2....waiting for a break in hockey for some healing time.

I want something similar to oggy. Canadian Flag tied to a hockey stick. Only one stick...and no writing though. I also thought of something like a Map of Canada with Hockey lines on it...

<--------------- Like That!

after the 72 hours did yours peel at all anymore? my other 3 all have peeled for probally 4 days AFTER the first 2 days where they were still bleeding a bit on the first day and the second day i keep them lathered up. i usually use tattoo goo, i have not seen tat wax around here. with the rib piece i am just going to used a and d becasue the goo is 10 for a tiny little mint tin sized container when a huge tube of a and d is liek 2 bucks.

after the 72 hours did yours peel at all anymore? my other 3 all have peeled for probally 4 days AFTER the first 2 days where they were still bleeding a bit on the first day and the second day i keep them lathered up. i usually use tattoo goo, i have not seen tat wax around here. with the rib piece i am just going to used a and d becasue the goo is 10 for a tiny little mint tin sized container when a huge tube of a and d is liek 2 bucks.

Not really, the five I've healed moist have had very minimal peeling after the 72 hours under plastic wrap and ointment. You still need to keep lotion on it after, but it's not anywhere close to the tattoos I've had dry heal.

got my rib piece done on saturday. it reads courage down my right side, ill post pics up when i get home. all i can say is that i think my other side is going to stay free of ink because 2.5 hours of being drilled on my ribs and hip was not fun at all.

couragerz7.th.png

Edited by cougarscaptain87

got another one last friday, it reads death before dishonor across my chest, it is a dedication to my moms father, who passed about 5 years ago. Death before dishonor is a big marine saying, and he was a marine for a good majority of his short life. There will be a banner added around it in the next few weeks to complete the piece.

deathbeforedishonorre9.th.jpg

Now you're taking it to far. You're kid is going to be ambarassed when he gets older.

I don't know if that is fair to say...I'm surprised he's gone from none to as many as he has this quickly...but to say his kid will be embarrassed is a little harsh.

Just 'cause it may not be your cup o' tea...

Now you're taking it to far. You're kid is going to be ambarassed when he gets older.

You've only taken getting tattooed TOO far when you don't have any more skin left to tattoo.

Edited by lawryde

patr0510- i would like to hear your explanation as to why my son will be Embarrased, and why i am going to far? the last tattoo i got is to have a memory of a grandfather that i have lost, its not a tribal design or something that is meaningless. have you ever seen a parent with a tattoo? not uncommon at all, and i would like to think that my son will love his dad for being his dad, not based on how many tattoos he has or what his job is or anything like that. im sorry that you do not like the art of tattooing, but i do, and i know that other members on the board do as well, so i figured i would display them for the memebers that want to see them. for next time you could use the elementary rule of "if you dont have something nice to say, dont say it at all". ask yourself this: if your father had tattoo's, would you be embarrased and not love your father the same as you do now?