Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scurvy

TPS Response R8 Glove

I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for. Does anyone have this glove? I'm looking for some feedback. Thanks.

yes, I do. They feel like theyre broken in once you try them on, awesome glove! But the palms wear out and turn blac after a short period of time. And if you're considering getting them in the R8 Lite version

Thanks for the input. Is the palm durability similar to the XXX? Also, how does the palm compare to the Nike Bauer Pro 4 roll glove?

It is the smoothest palm in the galaxy. Kinda like Lando Calrissian.

Billie D...smooth like a cold Colt 45!

Real nice gloves. TPS is a great product.

i asked this a while back when these first came out, but not many people have used them back then. are the 14" size now sized up to be like 15", or are they just normal 14" gloves and the people that need 15" are SOL? or will 15" be offered in the future? ....and i'm talking about a real 15" glove, not just a 14" with a long cuff. thanks.

I've had a pair of the R8 lites for a few months now. They are great gloves. I normally wear a 15" mitt, but went with a 14" with longer fingers. The stock fingers are pretty long though. The palms are great- no actual wear so far. The turning black millencolin mentioned is cosmetic on mine- mostly on the top hand due to the light grey color of the palms and filth/adhesive from the tape. I would get another pair in a heartbeat.

I currently wear HGT Lehtinen Pro Returns (14") and tried on the R8's today (also in a 14"). I noticed that the R8 seems to be a LOT looser compared to the HGT (which I found fit quite snug, even though I have small hands), but the palms are out of this world. Can anyone else verify that the fit has changed?

Personally, I think that TPS took a step back with the new R8 line - i hate the flared cuff roll and the huge R8 logos. I wish they'd bring back the HGT's. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yes beaucoup, i got both gloves here right now. I was waiting for my R8 for months here in Germany, they still hasn´t made it, so i picked up a product sample out of lether. I took them only because of the palms, the R8s for Europe will come with the old Digi-Tech palms because of durability issues, i was told.

And yes, they fit wider then my HGTs, but I don´t now, if it's because maybe they resized the line. I feel no difference in finger legth though.

Pictures soon.

Hey I was thinking on getting these the other day R8(no one here has R8lite) is there a big diff between the two. I liked the feel of them, but they felt a little heavy and got kinda hot after a few minutes of goofing around in the store, so was wondering if that would be solved in the R8lite. The only thing else I kinda like is the one90/70, but they have a wierd feel along the ridge of the hand (between the end of the pinky finger to the wrist, and it feels wierd at the wrist where you would bend it)

as promised now:

http://www.elevation.de/msh/gloves.html

I think the Lights are not that much difference in weight, the inner matereial is much softer in both compared to the HGTs, I haven´t played/soaked them yet.

I know what u mean with the One90s, I only can imagine to go snowboarding with them. :unsure: no...it`s just different. Peace out to all NBH addicts!