Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mack

Batman: The Dark Knight

I like how raw it looks. The way I've read how it happens kind of threw me off of liking it till I saw the end result. It's not as hokey as they made it in the 1989 movie.

the newer batman stuff i've seen reminds me more of Frank Miller's variation. Real dark, real gritty, real viscous and kind of a shady character.

I think Batman's quite the opposite of a shady character. The world's very much black and white to him, and the ends generally justify the means

Not shady that you may think he's bad, but he certainly rides the "anti-hero" tag closer than the previous versions of Batman. The leak of how the Joker gets his grill worked on kind of leans towards that.

As dark as this series is it could have been far more gritty as the guy who did "Requiem For A Dream" was slotted to do the new series.

Well if you paste all the letters and take out the laughter, you get "s e e Y O u I n D E C e M b E R"

Well if you paste all the letters and take out the laughter, you get "s e e Y O u I n D E C e M b E R"

Sorry.. missed your post :(

Clockwork Orange and the first thing Nolan gave him to study was The Killing Joke, which should make this very disturbing and awesome.

this thread inspired me to watch Batman Begins again.

I noticed a couple things on this go around...

little open-ended things that great comic writers throw into a story as a failsafe.

did anyone else pick up on them too?

1) the second time Batman approaches Gordon, they show a child in a high-chair.

Future Batgirl?

2) Batman meets a young (un-named) boy who's friends won't believe they've met...

later coddled by Bruce's female friend (district attorney who's name eludes me right now).

Potential Robin?

3) Did anyone actually see Scarecrow's fate?

In the comics, Batman dropped him off at Arkham Asylum in person.

These are all things that the writers have at thier disposal, they may never use them, but I applaude them for the foresight to include them.

I cannot wait for the next movie...

Glad to see DC sticking to thier guns.

There will be no Batgirl or any tie-in to Robin. This Batman is too young, other than the fact star/director want nothing to do with that premise.

I'm glad that they won't be around. As is the overall census of everyone I know. I just picked up on those little things that I hadn't really paid much mind to before.

I'll be interested in seeing how this turns out as a series and if they end up bringing in a new (older) Batman and director, like they're presumably going to do with Spiderman. I know one of Bale's contracted movies is for an ensemble movie, but since the Superman v. Batman movie is tits-up it looks like they're going to do a JLA movie and that is fine by me.

I don't like it because then it'd make it feel like the crappy Chewbacca Episode III cameo and how they wanted to show him with a child version of Han Solo.

I could see them, in the future, having an understudy. I don't think that it would be Robin, he was a side-kick and he's been pretty much written off for quite some time. He's too childish a character for modern Batman. Justice League would be pretty cool in my book too but can you see Batman doing any more than several key moment cameos?

Salming,

I apologize but I'm not sure what you are saying in that last post. I may have missed something. Can you clarify a bit.

Thank you kindly.