Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Easton 1994 Catalog

It's a cool old glove and all, but let's be honest...

There are better feeling and fitting gloves out there. Did I have a pair? Yes. Do I think it was Easton's best glove ever? No.

The first Z-air's along with the year after with the split fingers were the best they made. I still have a pair of the first year (non-split) that are brand new, never wore them out of fear of not finding another pair lol.

For everyone wondering why they didn't remake the old flex grips... They did. They were the year the Z-airs had the wrist wrap (2003?). The whole line of gloves were called "flex-grip" here's the ultra lites of that series:

Flex-Grip

I'm pretty sure most hated those gloves though. Not because they were bad gloves, but because everyone hated the wrist-wrap. Also, for some odd reason that year's gloves were all sized about 1" shorter than normal (which easton are usually already smaller than most) which didn't help things.

I know they're not from this year, but since people seem to be discussing Easton gloves in general, I'd like to throw the GX-4000s, which came later, into the ring for my favourite gloves ever, despite them being fairly basic. I have no idea why in particular, but they just feel absolutely perfect on my hands.

Pricey opening bid and I never liked the Gel series, but I remember having 1350s in this scheme:

Canucks

Ive been watching those, they sure are in nice condition.

I just picked up another pair of the GX9800 in like new condition. Blacked out the orange writing. I love them.

But, Im also looking for a black and white pair of the 9500.

This thread makes me want to go fish the easton aluminum stick out of the shed. I think I will and use it a drop in or something.

I remember seeing Roenick using a T-Flex shaft long after they were out of production.

I remember seeing Roenick using a T-Flex shaft long after they were out of production.

Heck, I remember Shannahan using them until he literally came on the news one night and made a call to anyone in town that had one, said he'd buy it and give them a new stick and autograph it. Some guy in town had like 100 of them in his garage all bundled up and brought them to Joe Louis for Shannahan. This was in like 2002 or so.

Shanny never used T-Flex's.

Heck, I remember Shannahan using them until he literally came on the news one night and made a call to anyone in town that had one, said he'd buy it and give them a new stick and autograph it. Some guy in town had like 100 of them in his garage all bundled up and brought them to Joe Louis for Shannahan. This was in like 2002 or so.

Sorry, you're right, they were painted like t-flex's. Classics I believe?

I don't think he's used anything but the old gold shafts, then the ones with "Classic" graphics and then finally onto Warrior. Well I do remember an old card I had of his with a Z-Bubble but who knows if that's what it really was.

I don't think he's used anything but the old gold shafts, then the ones with "Classic" graphics and then finally onto Warrior. Well I do remember an old card I had of his with a Z-Bubble but who knows if that's what it really was.

He had tried switching a few times and there were some of his (legit) z-bubs that made the rounds.

yeah, like Chadd said he had a few legit switches, he also had several "dolled up" aluminums that made the rounds as well, probably during product introductions, etc. The last few years he had them they all had the Classic graphics, before that he had at least a couple t-flex and z-bubble paints. But we're only talking about this because of my pre-coffee brain fart of thinking about aluminum t-flexes = regular old aluminums... hah.

T-flex 100 was fantastic! Am I correct in saying it had the first tapered blade? I went nuts trying to find stock on Roenick blades once I got home from college that summer...

Oh yeah! I waited forever until that shaft went from $130 to half price $65 at my lhs. Being a Roenick fan, I HAD to beg them to take the 30 blade out when I bought it and put a Roenick blade it. The first time I used it, I put a 1" deep dent in the mask of our goalie.

I still have a Lidstrom blade if anyone needs one.

All yours Drew. Was never a fan of the double straps on the 9500's. You gonna use 'em, or just put up in a display case? :P

Nice. I'm sure they're going to a happy home then. Since we're in the old Easton thread, you have any 85 T-Flex shafts, or just T-Flex shafts in general, in your arsenal?