Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krog7d7

Adding grip to your stick

So I finally put the No skid on my stick. Very simple to apply, just clean off shaft with rubbing alcohol, dry and apply the spray. One coat is all that I needed. So I left my stick at home and went to pick up for a couple of hours. When I came home and checked out the final result of the spray. WALLA!! Hell Ya!!! It was as if I had bought a can of Polarfibre spray. Yes folks it is the real deal. If your a fan of the Polar Fibre grip this is the stuff for you!! The nice thing about it is that you can determin the amount of grip by the number of applications as well as by how far away you keep the can from the stick when spraying it.

I want to thank Krog7d7 for turning me on to this product. I would have never found it had he not posted this thread. It can not be found in stores in the U.S. so dont even bother.

Thanks for the thread and the rebirth of Polar fibre.

It has a slight gloss finish to it but nothing you can really notice. I wouldnt have really noticed it if you didnt mention it and I took a look to see. The nice thing is that it comes in different colors. I ordered it in clear.

Does it go on crystal clear and just add texture or does it cloud or anything? Does tape still stick to it well?

I'd do a whole shaft as I wouldn't want a "grip zone" exactly. If I get a can, I have a scrap blade I can try it on (an old Hespeler offset is a perfect candidate).

Does it feel like it stiffens the flex at all?

It does not stiffen the flex. It does go on crystal clear and yes you still can still use tape. It does just what Polarfibre did, adds texture to the grip of the stick. I preffer this because you can still easily slide your hand up and down the shaft while grabbing tight at any moment to get a better grip. I dont think that it is like Z-TAC in the sence that it strengthens the stick in any way. It may add a bit of a bite to the blade with the puck but I personally didnt touch my blades with it. I may hit one of my blades with it just to try it out and see.

It doesn't tear or rip or lift some of the suede off the palm of your gloves?

And can you remove the coating if you put too much on or want it all off at some point?

It does not tear into your gloves. I use a nash palm on my gloves. As for removing the stuff they say to use soap and hot water. I havent had to try it yet.

I've been facing some problems finding such products and after a while i found something like it, but a 400ml can costs like 40$, and im not giving so much for having a grip on my stick. So is there any cheaper solutions which could be done using more simple materials? I would like to have more grip on my shaft something like Easton sticks have.

Well bro is all I can suggest is what has been posted before. You can try things such as candycane the stick with tape. Rubbing tape on the shaft, Pow R Tac spray, Rubber Dip spray, things of that nature. All trial and error my friend.

I've been to some Home Depot-like shops, but none of them had anything like this, i will take a look in a sport shop, maybe there's some other sport which requires such stuff, and if nothing works than i go with rubbing tape on the shaft.

So how is the product holding up, anyone else have any success with it? I am interesting in hearing how often it lasts and how often you need to re-apply the spray.

Very simple to apply, just clean off shaft with rubbing alcohol, dry and apply the spray.

wow man thats against my religion!!! wasting alcohol...

go ahead and try drinking isopropyl alcohol... it'll be good for you. Does anyone know if you could spray this on a rubberized grip shaft and cover it up? I have a grip endure that's too grippy, would rather have a textile grip on it. Would it work, or would it still be sticky?

Probably on another thread somewhere, so a mod or another member can rip me for not searching but...

I hate grip on sticks. My preference for composites, but back before them every team I played on after HS had a "wife beater" Black friction tape wound many times over the cut off handle of a stick. Wipe it up and down shaft and VIOLA, instant tackiness on shaft. Yes, it does then transfer to the palms of your gloves and they get discolored. On the other hand, that transfer of the material onto glove palms then makes your palms tackier, essentially accomplishing the better "grip" on the stick.

side note - if you are offended that someone would suggest making the palms of your gloves dirty, you might be a little more concerned with how your equipment looks compared to how it performs.

Yes you can spray it over the rubberized grip. Not sure how well it will stay but it will work for a while. I would suggest to spot test it and see how it works.

Hi guys. So, I tried the noskid stuff based on what people had posted in this thread earlier and I'm not sure if maybe I did it "wrong" or something but I found the surface to be... well... sandpapery. Not really any grip at all. Earlier somebody posted it was like the Warrior nipple grip and to me they are nothing alike. It's not horrible, per say, but there's no rubberized feeling at all and I prefer that feeling. So.. I guess I'm still looking for something.

Hi guys. So, I tried the noskid stuff based on what people had posted in this thread earlier and I'm not sure if maybe I did it "wrong" or something but I found the surface to be... well... sandpapery. Not really any grip at all. Earlier somebody posted it was like the Warrior nipple grip and to me they are nothing alike. It's not horrible, per say, but there's no rubberized feeling at all and I prefer that feeling. So.. I guess I'm still looking for something.

It's supposed to be a tactile like Polarfibre, not nipple grip. Tacky grips are a whole different beast. I like tactile, and I cannot stand tacky grips at all, I got rid the SL grip I had after 1 day and dumped the TPS control stick I had as fast as I could.