Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Krog7d7

Adding grip to your stick

I just rub a little surf wax on the shaft - instant grip and you can control how much you put on.

Well, though I'm mot a fan of the tactile grip, after searching NoSkid's website I decided to try another product - 11550 anti-slip clear rubber aerosol in hopes of replicating the rubberized Easton/TPS grip on my non-grip sticks (maybe moreso). Placed order middle of Dec so I hope to give updates in the new year. I'd love it if I could rid my sticks of tape entirely.

Well, though I'm mot a fan of the tactile grip, after searching NoSkid's website I decided to try another product - 11550 anti-slip clear rubber aerosol in hopes of replicating the rubberized Easton/TPS grip on my non-grip sticks (maybe moreso). Placed order middle of Dec so I hope to give updates in the new year. I'd love it if I could rid my sticks of tape entirely.

I've tried this on my sticks. Its close to a rubber grip that I've used on my Innovative sticks. It wears off quickly though.

I agree. I found that the rubber spray products wear off quickly. If this particular spray DOES WORK let us know. I would think that someone would know or could find out what spray they use at the factory to put on these sticks.

JR, CHAD, anyone....anyone.....anyone???????

I've been facing some problems finding such products and after a while i found something like it, but a 400ml can costs like 40$, and im not giving so much for having a grip on my stick. So is there any cheaper solutions which could be done using more simple materials? I would like to have more grip on my shaft something like Easton sticks have.

While it is expensive, one can will do many sticks. My order came to just shy of $75 CAN$ for two cans (not for the faint of heart <_< ) with shipping. Given that, if you find a stick you like, you'll pay between $100-$300 CAN$ per stick and save $15-20 to buy the non-grip version. This assumes that you buy (break!) a lot of sticks.

I recently purchased a can each of their rubbery coating and the textured epoxy and I must say I that I was surprised that the epoxy was more what I was looking for. The rubber coating seems as if you'd have to apply multiple coats and reapply as necessary (this is a initial impression without actual use/just garnered from the application). The sandpaper finish of the epoxy made it stand out. Both went on clear and drying time seems to be quick.

More to come...

For people ordering within Canada, did you get a absurd shipping quote, I got $34.59 UPS, I emailed them to double check.

For people ordering within Canada, did you get a absurd shipping quote, I got $34.59 UPS, I emailed them to double check.

Yeah I got $31 for a 2LB package that cost 18.95 lol. Post what they say in response because I assumed it was wrong too.

aersol cans probably fall under "dangerous goods" therefore more $$, tho i never questioned it

From what I understand, aerosols can not be shipped through air, ground service only.

...that transfer of the material onto glove palms then makes your palms tackier, essentially accomplishing the better "grip" on the stick.

Ding-ding-ding; we have a winner!

I see/hear a lot of people try to add 'grip' to their stick without realizing that the best way to accomplish this is via the palm on your gloves. 'jptwofive' nailed it. Tack up your gloves and you'll immediately have more friction and consistency from stick to stick.

Yeah I got $31 for a 2LB package that cost 18.95 lol. Post what they say in response because I assumed it was wrong too.

This is what I got on my second attempt:

The problem is that one spray to Vancouver via UPS is the same (within a dollar or two) for a full case! UPS have certain minimums.

We would be pleased to subsidise the freight for you by $10 on two units. In other words, if you buy 2 sprays, your cost for freight would be $24.59. Kindly advise you you would like to proceed.

Thanks and regards,

Susan Gould

They sent me to a local dealer in the Vancouver area, so if anyone wants the contact info send me a pm.

I just add a touch of sex wax where to the spots i wish to have a touch more grip.. works for me pretty decent and doesnt gunk up the gloves.. atleast it doesnt seem too

My brother does the same thing. Was the first I'd ever heard of anyone doing that.

I got some of this stuff this week:

http://www.groovejuiceinc.com/products/groove-juice-drum-stick-grip/

I ordered it through Amazon, although it doesn't look like it's available anymore. But I have seen on it a lot of websites out there.

Anyways - this stuff WORKS. There is probably enough in 1 can to do 20 sticks. When the stick is wet from playing, it becomes less tacky, but not way less. The grip feels a lot like the coating they put on the Reebok 8k sticks, the silver ones (for some reason, those feel crazy tacky to me). This might even be tackier than that. After I put it on and I let it dry, when i picked up the stick, my fingers would even "stick" to it a little, as if it wasn't dry. Hockey gloves didn't do this. This is a good option if you need some grip. It gives the stick a slight matte finish, but it's hard to take a picture of the effect.

So, I’m always indifferent on my decision if I want a grip or non grip stick.

When I first started playing a long time ago, I never had a grip stick, while getting older and playing through high school I started using a grip stick. Now, older, and just playing men’s league, I wanted the option to use both a grip and non grip stick whenever I wanted, but without spending $500+ on two top of the line sticks.

So I found this solution over the internet.

http://youtu.be/c37hPfHDAIg

After spraying my stick, I can honestly say it works. Peels off easily with a finger nail, but doesn’t come off with your gloves (yet). The only time it started peeling on me was when I was stick handling with no gloves on.

I’ve played 2 games in men’s league and 2 games of rat, without having the grip coming off. There are a couple of spots where I can see it starting to unpeel, but I just sprayed right over them again and it was back to new.

Have any of you guys tried this? Let me know what you think.

Ill be honest, peeling it off looks to be very satisfying. Kind of like when you peel a scab off. :wink:

I never thought that stuff was that durable though, dont you find it flaking and peeling at either end where the spray ends? Would have thought a couple of stick checks would have torn most of it near the base.

Ill be honest, peeling it off looks to be very satisfying. Kind of like when you peel a scab off. :wink:

I never thought that stuff was that durable though, dont you find it flaking and peeling at either end where the spray ends? Would have thought a couple of stick checks would have torn most of it near the base.

You would think that the Plastidip would flake, but it doesnt. The texture is rubberized, kind of like latex, not smooth like paint, so even when the plastidip "breaks" it will just make a small "cut", where you could start to peel it from.

I got a couple of solid slashes last games, but it just scuffed the paint near the hosel.

So far, so good.

I've been suggesting plasti-dip or tool dip clear sprays for years. You can get the same effect without blacking out the entire stick. There have been reports of if chipping and peeling over time, though another coat is not hard to apply.

I've been suggesting plasti-dip or tool dip clear sprays for years. You can get the same effect without blacking out the entire stick. There have been reports of if chipping and peeling over time, though another coat is not hard to apply.

Thanks Chadd

Its worked great for me so far, if it starts to peel, just spray over it or peel it off and spray a new couple of coats.