Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tomh7

Adult Hockey in Milwaukee?

Like I said, I am moving back to Milwaukee after 6 years away and would like to know what adult leagues are still around or new. I'll be working in Sheboygan and eventually settling in the Cedarburg/Mequon area.

Thanks for the help.

I'm not sure about leagues in the area since I'm only around during the summer when I'm home from school (I live in Kohler, just outside Sheboygan).

As far as pickup goes, Sheboygan doesn't have any ice during the summer but has both regular adult pickup and novice pickup during the season.

In Milwaukee, I've only played at the Pettit. I know they have a league there. There is also either pickup or stick and puck almost everyday. The schedule is online at http://www.thepettit.com/hockey/pickup.htm it gets updated every week usually.

When do you arrive in town? if youre good enough you can join our team @ pettit =)

Mequon/Cedarburg ice has pick up early tuesday and friday mornings, occasionaly there are pick up sessions @ pettit, but send me a PM when youre back in the state, ill give you more in depth then.

I am moving to Milwaukee in two weeks.

I won't be able to play in a league this fall, hopefully in the spring I can join up with a league.

Are there other good places besides the Pettit? I'll need to hit some stick and puck and open hockey or maybe some classes to keep from getting worse than I already am.

Will there be any ponds or outdoor rinks come winter?

Also what is the Pettit like?

I play C2 level in Chicago (lowest level) but it's a pretty competitive league. A good mix of people who have played their entire life and newbs like me with a wide age range.

Pettits ice is ok, as far as skill level, youre probably looking there if you want to join a league. i know captains of teams at all the levels, so give me a holler when youre in town, i can find you some ice or a team to join up with

Thanks Buzz. I will keep in contact with you. The only problem right now is I haven't found a job yet in the area, so I may have to postpone hockey until next spring.

Oops that was a bump from 09 - my bad.

If you are in Milwaukee, Pettit is the closest. A to D level. D level (my level) pretty much has a few ringers per team. And is pretty much the same as C-2 (so I hear). I played B level with a co-worker (way above my skills) and it's a much more organized game for beer league and more even teams.

I have gone to the stick times there on weekends. Good for working on stuff. Most wear full gear for stick time and practice their slap shots a lot! My first time I only took the basics (shins, elbows, gloves and helmet) and felt like I was in a firing range. Actually took one in back from some teenage-douche while scooping the pucks out of the net. Luckily it wasn't very hard.

I have heard the pick-up games are okay, a mix of all skill levels, but I haven't gone to one. The adult hockey clinic is nice too (at least with the current teacher) good work out 1hr 15mins of straight icetime (drills & scrimmages).

There are a few frozen ponds in the city if you make it up during winter.

There are other rinks around/outside the city, maybe buzz can elaborate here or you could try to pm him.

Oops that was a bump from 09 - my bad.

If you are in Milwaukee, Pettit is the closest. A to D level. D level (my level) pretty much has a few ringers per team. And is pretty much the same as C-2 (so I hear). I played B level with a co-worker (way above my skills) and it's a much more organized game for beer league and more even teams.

I have gone to the stick times there on weekends. Good for working on stuff. Most wear full gear for stick time and practice their slap shots a lot! My first time I only took the basics (shins, elbows, gloves and helmet) and felt like I was in a firing range. Actually took one in back from some teenage-douche while scooping the pucks out of the net. Luckily it wasn't very hard.

I have heard the pick-up games are okay, a mix of all skill levels, but I haven't gone to one. The adult hockey clinic is nice too (at least with the current teacher) good work out 1hr 15mins of straight icetime (drills & scrimmages).

There are a few frozen ponds in the city if you make it up during winter.

There are other rinks around/outside the city, maybe buzz can elaborate here or you could try to pm him.

Bump: Where are some good places for roller hockey leagues in Milwaukee?

I live in South Milwaukee, so somewhere in the south would be ideal.

There is/was a league at Incrediroll in West Allis for a long period.

Ive played a few times at the Mullet rink in Arrowhead, that converts to roller in the off season.

To be honest i dont know much about league or talent in the area, but Skate-Land operates a few Roller spots in the suburbs.

theres also a rink near General Mitchell, but I dont know if it is even still in operation, nor do i remember the name of it.

Bump: Where are some good places for roller hockey leagues in Milwaukee?

I live in South Milwaukee, so somewhere in the south would be ideal.

Waukesha Skateland has a year-round league. We are just wrapping up our fall session. Winter session starts in about 5 weeks. When we are "off-session" we have open hockey once a week as well. Call Steve at 262-542-1549 for more info (tell him "Sam" sent you).

Ozaukee Skateland does not have an adult league, but has pick-up every Thursday night from 830pm till about 11pm.

Both Skateland locations use a waxed wood floor.

Mullet Ice Rink out in Hartland converts to sport court for about 2 months out of the year. Last year it was April, May and a little bit of June. There are two adult leagues. Last year Monday was the "top tier" league and Thursday was "second tier". Well worth the drive to play out at Mullet.

EDIT - I believe Incredirole use to be called Skate USA or Skate-U... they don't have hockey leagues anymore to my knowledge.

Also, there is a rink by Mitchell called "Rollero" I think. No hockey to my knowledge.

Waukesha Skateland has a year-round league. We are just wrapping up our fall session. Winter session starts in about 5 weeks. When we are "off-session" we have open hockey once a week as well. Call Steve at 262-542-1549 for more info (tell him "Sam" sent you).

Ozaukee Skateland does not have an adult league, but has pick-up every Thursday night from 830pm till about 11pm.

Both Skateland locations use a waxed wood floor.

Mullet Ice Rink out in Hartland converts to sport court for about 2 months out of the year. Last year it was April, May and a little bit of June. There are two adult leagues. Last year Monday was the "top tier" league and Thursday was "second tier". Well worth the drive to play out at Mullet.

EDIT - I believe Incredirole use to be called Skate USA or Skate-U... they don't have hockey leagues anymore to my knowledge.

Also, there is a rink by Mitchell called "Rollero" I think. No hockey to my knowledge.

Thanks for the tips. I've played at Skateland, but it's a bit of a drive for me. Was hoping there was some roller hockey closer to me.

I am moving to Milwaukee in January and am looking to join a league. I want to join a league that has higher competition, so what are my options?

If looking to play adult hockey in Milwaukee your first stop is the Pettit Center. Get on a team and start asking questions. I moved here April 2010. Got on a B team at Pettit, next season got on an A team and then joined a team in the Metro hockey league out of Wilson Park, The rink in Brookfield by hockey Haven has a strong league in the winter as well. Start at Pettit and work your way around.