Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

8gb and 16gb? I thought IPhone4's were 16gb and 32gb?

You are right, the iPhone 4 is 16GB ($659) and 32GB ($779). The 3Gs' are 8GB, and will be $549 unlocked, I believe.

I sold my 3G to get the 4, but my dad still has his 3G and the iOS4 makes it incredibly slow, its terrible. Funny thing is, the same thing happened with the 3.0 update when the 3G S came out

So I finally got the iPhone 4 yesterday. My contract was up on Bell, so I was able to get the 32GB for $269. Initially, I love it. I had the Palm Pre before, which was an alright phone (OS was pretty good, but i was having a lot of problems with it for the past two months), and I can say that I am really happy with my decision to go with the iPhone 4. The screen on this thing is awesome, and obviously, the iOS is one of the easiest OS's to deal with. I bought a case with it, because to me, spending that much on a phone, you need a case, but I tried out the death grip and noticed maybe one or two bars decreased. I'm excited to use this thing for a while, and see how it pans out in the long run.

Wait a few days - you'll miss webOS. You'll be swiping from side to side trying to multitask and flicking up and nothing will be happening to your apps.

So the Sony Xperia X10 is finally going to hit the us market this week, and I want to know if any Euros/Canadians have the phone and have any comments on it. I have been waiting for it for about two years now so unless specifically advised not to with good reason, I'm most likely getting it anyway.

Sounds interesting. I've been using (Sony) Ericsson phones for years. I worked on a project for AT&T wireless and one of the engineers mentioned that they had the best reception in all of their tests. I've had very few dropped calls with any of the half dozen or so of their phones since then.

Uh, if this works as well as they advertise, i want a droid X now :(

Will have to wait for 2.2 to be released for that, though. Only phones that will have that option currently, are some original DROIDs, the DROID2, Nexus One, and the EVO.

Anyone hear about the Sony Ericsson phone in the works that's going to be the first "PlayStation phone?"

Android 3.0, a slide out keypad for gaming controls, and about the size of a PSP Go. I'm intrigued, for sure, and I'm an Xbox user.

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/PSP-PSP-Go-Android-3.0-Gingerbread-Google,news-7760.html

Don't waste your money on the Xperia - Android 1.6 and it doesn't have a multitouch screen.

Well Android needs to get their act together for gaming because they're light years behind iPhone/Palm.

So my Droid X is going back today and I'm going back to my BlackBerry. I wanted to like the Droid X, I really tried and its not a bad phone. In fact, my major concern going in - the typing on the touch screen - was a non issue. However the apps I found myself downloading and the stuff I found myself using it for was no different than what I could already do on my BlackBerry. Add that to the fact that the Droid X was way bigger than the BlackBerry, the fact that it doesn't sync with Outlook as well, and the fact that the Droid would only last me about 18 hours on a charge no matter what I did and I found myself longing for my BlackBerry back. So I'm returning it to VZ, paying the $35 restocking fee and getting my upgrade back. Hopefully there will be some new phones from VZ in the near future that I like, maybe they'll get they new slider BB soon.

Will have to wait for 2.2 to be released for that, though. Only phones that will have that option currently, are some original DROIDs, the DROID2, Nexus One, and the EVO.

Anyone hear about the Sony Ericsson phone in the works that's going to be the first "PlayStation phone?"

Android 3.0, a slide out keypad for gaming controls, and about the size of a PSP Go. I'm intrigued, for sure, and I'm an Xbox user.

http://www.tomsguide...,news-7760.html

The voice stuff is fun. I have it on my Droid 1. Texting is the best part of it I feel. When I'm driving I can just say what I want to say, and it gets it right 99% of the time.

Wait a few days - you'll miss webOS. You'll be swiping from side to side trying to multitask and flicking up and nothing will be happening to your apps.

It's funny you mention that, I do find that I was doing that out of habit for a couple days, but I am really starting to get used to the iPhone. For me, I don't find myself cursing at the fact that webOS' multitasking was better than iOS, it seems to do the trick fine for me. Don't get me wrong, I thought webOS was an great for an early version of an OS, but in the end, going through three Pre's in the span of a year due to the wake up/power button not working, and various software problems, as well as the lack of Apps, especially here in Canada, made me switch to the "dark side". But all in all, I am happy with my iPhone, so far.

Reserved my Epic even before the amazing reviews it's getting but it's safe to say they're helping me feel good about my decision.

Also, one of the guys I know has a torch, was checking it out yesterday. Ehh, better than a storm but I wasn't blown away.

After signing up on every waiting list in the greater San Diego area and 3 weeks of nothing I finally got the white EVO. I'm still getting used to Android, but the Goggles app is already really interesting. I'm still not completely sold on the soft keyboard...

After signing up on every waiting list in the greater San Diego area and 3 weeks of nothing I finally got the white EVO. I'm still getting used to Android, but the Goggles app is already really interesting. I'm still not completely sold on the soft keyboard...

If you don't like the stock Android keyboard, just hit up the market and DL a new one. There are a bunch out there. Personally I use Swiftkey until something better comes out.

anyone experiencing the same problem as me? my droid incredible restarts randomly sometimes at the most opportune times. even on a full battery

My Droid X did it once, but my Motorola phones I had previously were infamous for doing that. All eight (I think) Voyagers/enV Touch.

Has anyone used the HTC Aria? Is it good? I'm kind of sick of waiting for iPhone 4s to come in. I guess the Pre Plus is an option too. Or i could just wait longer haha.

If you're currently an AT&T user... Samsung Captivate. It's a beauty. If that phone was out when I was waiting on an iPhone 4, I would have gotten it instead. I really could care less about the iPhone 4.