Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

Do you bump charge? It adds a little extra time but overall the Incredible battery is worthless if you are active with your phone. It was completely typical for the phone to be dead by 4PM with my usage. I got the Droid X now and the battery is not an issue anymore.

Charge your Incredible to max (green light).

Unplug the phone and then turn it off.

Plug it back in (should have an orange light now) and charge it to max again.

Unplug the phone and turn it on. Wait for it to boot up.

Turn the phone off and then plug it back in (should be an orange light again).

Charge it to full (green light) again.

Repeat this process until the light is green immediately upon plugging it back in.

is there away of prolonging a droid incredible battery? its 4 pm. and its already dead

is there away of prolonging a droid incredible battery? its 4 pm. and its already dead

Bump charging only really goes so far. You can uprgrade the battery to a 1500 ( the original battery is 1350) if that's not an option try keeping wifi off, dim the brightness, turn gps off and a grip of other things. Check out androidforums.com I'm a guide over there and have had the inc since release. I'm TheGoatLantern over there.

Dual-core processors will save android devices. Less work per core + faster loading = less units of power used. Glad that when I can upgrade, dual core will be becoming standard.

Dual-core processors will save android devices. Less work per core + faster loading = less units of power used. Glad that when I can upgrade, dual core will be becoming standard.

I'm excited for the dual cores and LTE. Looking at upgrading into the INC HD around feb.

New update rolling out this morning for droid x (maybe others?). It's a froyo update to 2.3.340

This is not gingerbread yet, just a froyo update. I was able to pull it around 3am this morning, few nice new additions. Seems a lot more stable, and less lag. Also includes a demo of Madden11.

droid-x-update-469x600.jpg

I pulled the update around 5am, one good thing about MOTOBLUR is having that option, but I agree. Definitely noticed a smoother system. Hopefully it fixes the reboot problems I was having with it. Bring on Gingerbread and a nice black notification bar!!!

It does. I think it looks a lot better with the new bar. Something so subtle makes that big of a difference. Chappie, do you know if the entire drop down will be black as well? Or is it just the bar?

I did the update to my X as well. Had one little glitch with video output for some reason but a battery pull has seemingly resolved that. Can't express how much I like this phone compared to my old HTC Touch. We've used the Places app a few times, the little one and I checked out Sky Maps, and Saavy Shopper is pretty cool as well. Hopefully Motorola will decide to push Gingerbread to the X early next year.

The sole reason i wanted to root was for a black notification bar. Cant wait ::biggrin::

Ha! Glad to hear that, because I thought I was the only one! hahaha

Can not wait for the announcements of some of these phones. Just waiting for a 4g, dual-core processor phone for verizon. Gonna be allllllllll over that.

Im really excited to see how many people get really angry when a Verizon iphone is not announced Thursday at the keynote.

I love CES, im going next year, not matter what.

Im not sure HP/Palm are making the right choice. I was at CES the year they announced the Pre and WebOS and they were the buzz of the entire industry, and since the industry was all in Vegas i think it helped them, A LOT. Not sure this is right choice, Palm is not Apple.

Im not sure HP/Palm are making the right choice. I was at CES the year they announced the Pre and WebOS and they were the buzz of the entire industry, and since the industry was all in Vegas i think it helped them, A LOT. Not sure this is right choice, Palm is not Apple.

Palm may not be an Apple, but HP is. The Palm name already has taken a backseat to HP on this. HP has the clout to pull off their own event.

They need to distance themselves from the latest Androids-of-the-week that will be at CES. It's a good move.

Thunderbolt looks interesting. But since I just got the X I'll live with it until it's time for a new phone. It'll probably take that long before Big Red has 4g service rolled out to where it's meaningful. For now the X does all I need and then some. Anymore when you buy a phone you may as well figure it's nearly obsolete when you walk out the door with it.

Thunderbolt looks awesome, IMO. I get an upgrade in July, so I'm hoping some of these phones are released around there. I can't wait for the Droid XOOM tablet. I was holding off buying a Galaxy Tab for this.

Thunderbolt looks awesome, IMO. I get an upgrade in July, so I'm hoping some of these phones are released around there. I can't wait for the Droid XOOM tablet. I was holding off buying a Galaxy Tab for this.

Same. My upgrade eligibility starts march 20th, so a march 20th release date would be fine by me. ;)

Droid Bionic has peaked my interest...

Understatement of the century.

Tegra-2 duel core processor AND 4G? Forget smartphones, this is a superphone.

Oh, and a 4.3" HD screen, front facing camera and 1 gig of RAM. Boooooommm.