Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fedorov#91

The Smartphone Thread

Kosy, is it really that nice? My phone took a shit on me and so I'm good for my new every two with a new contract so I was thinking about picking it up.

They let me mess around with it in the store before they put it out and I thought it was one of the coolest looking/working phones I had ever seen.

I don't really want to drop the $299 but if it's worth it I have no problem with it coming from the enV.

I probably wouldn't be able to get mine til next week so if you could post a little more about it after you play around with it and use it some more that would be great!

So far I like it a lot. I compared it to my buddy's iPhone and I'd choose the iPhone over it, but its still good. I still have to figure a lot of stuff out on it though, so I'll let you know when that happens. Definitely the best phone out for Verizon now.

I'm just curious, my Verizon contract is up so I can switch to anywhere now and I have to admit, I was playing around with the iPhone the other day and I really like it minus the $400 price tag still.

My question is, has anyone heard if there is going to be a new version iPhone released anytime soon because I don't want to go to ATT this week and give them $400 to just see a new iPhone come out in 4 months.

I was just curious if and when has anyone heard anything about a new model of the iPhone coming out anytime soon?

Thanks in advance!

Haven't heard of anything definite but you can assume there will be a newer version of the iPhone as most smart phones get updated pretty frequently. It's the nature of the business. When I had gotten my last BlackBerry the damn Pearl became available maybe 2 months later. It happens.

ill throw in my reasons why i ditched the iphone for any perspective buyers. i had the phone for 7 days, and on 3 seperate occasions the phone would go into a frozen mode, and would not turn back on until i connected it to a computer, deleted all of the information, and reloaded everything back onto the phone, also not it does not have the option to send MMS and the battery life was horrible, there were alot of nice featurs on the phone, but the negatives out weighted the positives for me

I got the 4 gig iphone shortly after it came out and I the I got a 250$ Apple discount. In total I only paid 250 bucks for the Iphone and I love it.

ill throw in my reasons why i ditched the iphone for any perspective buyers. i had the phone for 7 days, and on 3 seperate occasions the phone would go into a frozen mode, and would not turn back on until i connected it to a computer, deleted all of the information, and reloaded everything back onto the phone, also not it does not have the option to send MMS and the battery life was horrible, there were alot of nice featurs on the phone, but the negatives out weighted the positives for me

That is why I don't care that the phone is not in Canada yet, they will have repaired or at least minimize the glitches when it finally comes.

I love my iphone. I got it the 1st day it came out and i haven't had any problems with it. I adjusted to it very easily and with my job i need pretty much all of the features.

See ya,

Heather

Agreed....love mine as well. Makes remote work so much easier. While the price is a bit higher, it's remarkable at how it's such as advanced device and easy to use....I thought there would be so many more problems, but most poeple who have one or borrow mine are quite impressed. And the price should continue to go down as well.

Yeah i've had to use the maps so many times to get me to places for my job. The only problem i have is their customer service which they are a bit retarded sometimes. Yeah 600 was a lot of money but i think it was well worth since i use pretty much every feature but the stock exchange thing. With the rebate i ended up getting applecare.

A friend of mine had a bunch of pixels broken on her iphone so we went down to the apple store they checked it out and they ended up giving her a new phone. Everything was restored when we synced and she was on her way again.

Also i love the camera on it. I think have taken some sweet pics with it too,

Any of you that have the iPhone have any troubles with your bills being more than you signed up for, not by like $5-$10, but by large amounts?

I've been reading a lot recently there were numerous people that have had AT&T screw their bills up specifically with the iPhone so I was just wondering if anyone has had any troubles?

I mean I know no cell phone company is perfect, but I was just trying to check and make sure most of the time the billing was consistent and correct as I'm about to pick one up in the next week.

anyone with an iphone figure out how to get around some websites that send you to a mobile version? For example I tried to go to the ea sports link from the NHL09 thread and no matter what link I try EA directs me to a lame little iphone specific site trying to sell me games for it. They don't even give you a link out to their main site! What's the point of them blocking me from seeing their site in a browser? I think espn does that too where I have to see their stripped down site.

Maybe it's a safari limitation but I can browse most any other site as if I'm on a regular pc.

anyone with an iphone figure out how to get around some websites that send you to a mobile version? For example I tried to go to the ea sports link from the NHL09 thread and no matter what link I try EA directs me to a lame little iphone specific site trying to sell me games for it. They don't even give you a link out to their main site! What's the point of them blocking me from seeing their site in a browser? I think espn does that too where I have to see their stripped down site.

Maybe it's a safari limitation but I can browse most any other site as if I'm on a regular pc.

usually there should be a link somewhere on that page asking you if you want to go to the full version of the site

if not did you try typing in the full website address instead of clicking a link? that whole page is pretty much flash based i think so i think the iphone might have trouble loading it

I tried both of those - looking for the link and typing in the address. I think you might be right that the flash req't makes it impossible to load on the iPhone but EA could do a much better job like at least let me go to the forums as an example.

Well the new iPhones come out on the 19th and seem grand, but it appears I'm not eligible for the discounted price. They had no problems going from the first gen to the 3G for a cheaper price but now it appears to be a problem. I think I'm going to just cancel my contract as we still don't even have 3G up here, tho it's been overdue for about 8 mos now.

I bought the new Palm Pre on Sat - really liking it. Has a couple of bugs but nothing too bad - waiting for a firmware update. However, the multitasking ability and the combination of contacts (AIM/Google Talk/Facebook) is absolutely awesome.

Funny how Apple bashed them at the WWDC for having 18 apps at launch when they forgot they didn't have an app store until last year. Just a matter of time til Palm/third party devs gets their 30,000 apps ported over.

The only other fairly decent carrier up here is with Sprint, so I'll check into one of those. Otherwise I'll have to get a pager and kick it old skool.

i'm pumped for the 3G S.

at first i thought it was just going to be an OS upgrade, but now looking at it, there are a handful of great features on 3G S not available on 3.0 upgrade. now i need to find a buyer for my 3G