Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DEATHTRON

Custom Composite blades

I talked with MIA, they no longer due custom composite blades since Warrior bought them. My question is, does anyone else do custom composite blades? Ive been going through a synergyII blade every 2 weeks and it is just getting out of hand. I was thinking of going the wood route, but with the composite's not lasting long I am no longer sure the wood would hold up for me.

Thanks,

Zach

I talked with MIA, they no longer due custom composite blades since Warrior bought them. My question is, does anyone else do custom composite blades? Ive been going through a synergyII blade every 2 weeks and it is just getting out of hand. I was thinking of going the wood route, but with the composite's not lasting long I am no longer sure the wood would hold up for me.

Thanks,

Zach

If you're going through a composite blade that fast, there is something wrong. A wood blade should give you a better durability for the money.

Normally I would agree, however I used to have no problem with the old Easton composite blades lasting 2 or 3 months. I am on the ice every day it seems, playing defense, taking lots of slapshots. Maybe I hit the ice too early, however I think the problem would have surfaced in the last 15 years Ive been playing. Im thinking the blades that easton is putting out right now are just a lower durability for weight, I had the same problem with the CNT blades last season.

Zach

Normally I would agree, however I used to have no problem with the old Easton composite blades lasting 2 or 3 months. I am on the ice every day it seems, playing defense, taking lots of slapshots. Maybe I hit the ice too early, however I think the problem would have surfaced in the last 15 years Ive been playing. Im thinking the blades that easton is putting out right now are just a lower durability for weight, I had the same problem with the CNT blades last season.

Zach

:ph34r: My zcarbon CNT that I bought last year has outlasted all of my replacement blades so far.. I agree with Chadd when I say that there is something going wrong with your shot.

Half of them "bow out at the toe, and the rest break where the hosel bends. Like I said, I had no trouble with the Si-core blades of the past as well as focus flex. The CNT's and SII just arent lasting for me. I got about 4months a piece from the Mission Prostock blades.

Zach

Ya, I will for sure, thanks for the tip off. I was also hoping to get a curve I have cloned on a new stiff blade...but I will probably have to get the XX if ballistik wont satisfy me.

Zach

I custom made a Vapor XXX-Lite on the Nikebauer site and I have the curve I like.

That's not a blade.

It's also not a custom curve

on the subject of the XX prostock blades at EWH... does anyone have a price for the 3 pack? it's past their hours, or i'd call right now. i'm interested in trying out the p72.

No, it was not Ballistik that made their sticks.

Who made sticks for MIA? Was it Ballstik? How are Ballstik sticks, blades and shafts?

Maybe you should blow Maxwell or Suds and see if one of them will hook you up... ;)

Thanks,

Zach

Maxwell and I go way back to when I was a kid and he managed all star hockey (ran across a shirt in my drawer yesterday from there), unforunately things didnt go well with my first few pairs of synergy skates and he stopped answering my calls. I see him in mens league whenever I play the A league, but for the most part I dont see him helping me out.

Sudsy was really cool guy, especially when I worked for the stars, but I dont have that sort of relationship with him, plus I heard he doesnt exactly do stuff like that...sticks fall through the cracks sometimes, but not an "accidental" ordering of a random pattern.

DO you know who made MIA's blades by chance SRI? Or a better question is, will you tell me?

Zach

on the subject of the XX prostock blades at EWH... does anyone have a price for the 3 pack? it's past their hours, or i'd call right now. i'm interested in trying out the p72.

$109 I believe.

Has anyone here tried one of ballistik's retail comp blades? I have thought about getting some customs from them, but I am hesitant without ever handling, or even seeing any of their products.

If those eastons crap out so fast on you, why in the hell do you keep buying them? I don't know if they are still made the same way but those original axion blades with the wooden hosels and axion paddles were wickedly strong.

Not alot of options. Alot of blades down here are easton. Even then, when I go online I have trouble finding anyone that has the Lidstrom pattern other than warrior, and even then Ive had fitment problems with them. At least with the easton I know that theyre going to fit.

Zach

Not alot of options. Alot of blades down here are easton. Even then, when I go online I have trouble finding anyone that has the Lidstrom pattern other than warrior, and even then Ive had fitment problems with them. At least with the easton I know that theyre going to fit.

Zach

TPS Morrow is somewhat close, but not a clone by any means. If you can find a TPS P05 it will be a Lidstrom clone. That's a lot cheaper than custom too.

Thanks for all the help Chadd...I will keep my eyes out, but I did have the pattern under my stairs in mind. I just figured I could get some sitffer (hopefully more durable) blades with the pattern I wanted and be happier, Im not 100% satisfied with the Lidstrom, but I want a very open hell curve with a square toe. But we will see what happens.

Zach

What pattern are you using from warrior? I use an Easton lindstrom and was looking at buying a dolomite but heard that their lies are off (which is huge for me).

What pattern are you using from warrior? I use an Easton lindstrom and was looking at buying a dolomite but heard that their lies are off (which is huge for me).

i believe the Jovonovski is a Lidstrom clone.

i believe the Jovonovski is a Lidstrom clone.

Ding Ding

Anyone know who I have to email at Ballistik to get some sort of response? Guess Im just going to have to call...

Zach

Bringing my old thread back from the dead:

Well, Looks like Combat no longer wants to sell me my custom blade anymore as they have not communicated back to me since my last order, and I had not recieved my batch of blades. Thus, I unfortunately had to reverse the charge, as today was my last day to do so (order was placed 7/29). It is worth noting that I attempted to contact Combat many times, with my call's/email's not being returned. It was very unlike them, but business is business.

All of this brings me to my next question, anyone know a company that is willing to do a custom composite blade for a consumer? I understand the fee's involved in this, and have been through it 2 times before. If anyone has any suggestions, let's hear them, or you can PM if you want.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me.

Zach