Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 CCM Catalogue

hey jr. you see the 2 guys in red looking at the camers with the cages on. there from my store. hope you dangles the hell out of them. and chad. it doesnt matter that you dont believe me. its what the reps told me. so if i am wrong its because of false information from them so w.e. just relaying the message.

Not much dangling on my end.

Just believe me when I tell you that the U+ does not fit like the Vector of old. I could never put that skate, or the RBK for that matter, on my feet.

its what the reps told me. so if i am wrong its because of false information from them so w.e. just relaying the message.

the u+ is the narrowist ccm i have ever tried on. it is narrow than the new vapor series. i have tried on almost every current and or new skate

:angry:

Maybe someone here could annswer a question for a newb like me...why did CCM get rid of the XXL sizing? They used to sell all their gear up to XXL, especially the pants, and now they did away with it to get fancier and change the dumb name.

Hi JR!! What happened to your sticks??? Uri Geller's 08pros ??

Huh?

Probably because it looks like the end of you stick has disappeared.

Thought that he mainly bent spoons

I was just wondering about the stiffness of the U+ skates. Can anyone give me a comparison between the stiffness of these in the ankle and forefoot area to other skates on the market from 07. Appreciate it.

Ohhh and one more thing! What do you guys think the durability of these skates is going to be like?

IOhhh and one more thing! What do you guys think the durability of these skates is going to be like?

There is absolutely no way for anyone to know.

IOhhh and one more thing! What do you guys think the durability of these skates is going to be like?

I'm not trying to knock the skate already before it comes out because I think its actually a great product and I was very impressed when I saw it at my local trade in early January, but I'm sorry to say In my personal opinion I feel it will have some durability issues. I work at the Avs practice facility in the pro shop and I get to chat with equipment guys every once in awhile and I got to see Wolski's and Skrastins U+ skates and they feel kind of soft for a pro stock boot. Wolski had this pair for about a week and half(he's been through a couple pairs already) and the boot felt soft, when I squeezed it I could feel and hear what I can only describe as a crunching sound like the layered materials were delaminating apart from each other. Skrastins had his for about a month and they feel the same way. Take it for what its worth, we all know pro stock is a little different than retail, hopefully they will work out some of the kinks by the time its launched.

I'm not totally knocking the boot it does have a big up side to it. When my rep had me try his sample I was very impressed with how much the boot moved to form to my foot when it was molded. I tried it on a couple different times once with no bake, just out of the box. Once after my boss had baked it to his foot. Then I baked it to my foot after his impression was taken. We both have a 7.5 size in length but he is a standard D and I need a E width and I kid you not that composite tech mesh they use really does form to almost everybody's foot. I had no pain whatsoever after baking where as before out of the box was really tight on my forefoot and near my pinkie toe. I promise you these do not fit like any other CCM saktes, throw the book out the window for everything you think you know about how CCM skates have fit in the past. These saktes really do accomadate D and most E widths. The biggest selling point for this skate is you have to put these on your feet and give the heat mold a try, nothing molds as quick as this skate does IMO. These are just a hair lighter than the S15's also.

These are just a hair lighter than the S15's also.

did u weigh it or are you saying it felt a little lighter

These are just a hair lighter than the S15's also.

did u weigh it or are you saying it felt a little lighter

My rep had one of those display scales with the U+ and the S15 so you could weigh the skates against each other. I don't remember the exact weight of the skate but it was just slightly lighter than the S15 in grams.

Well how about this question then.

I am trying to decide whether or not I should get the vapor XXXX's or if I should hold out for these U+'s. The two most important things for me is stiffness and durability. What is a guy to do!?!?!?!

Does anyone know if the fit between the U+ and the New V8 will be the same. I saw them advertised on Great Skate and the U+ was like $550 and the V8 (2008 Model) which is only one step down is only $279. That is a pretty big price difference for one below the top model.

I am trying to decide whether or not I should get the vapor XXXX's or if I should hold out for these U+'s. The two most important things for me is stiffness and durability. What is a guy to do!?!?!?!

Hold out for the U+

Hold out for the U+

I'm skating in the XXXX's right now and they are the best skates I've ever had. The stiffness and durability for me have been outstanding. Skating 3-4 times a week in mens league and drop ins they still feel as stiff as when I bought them. I had 2 pairs of S15's that fell apart in about a month each before I got the Vapors. The XXXX's were one of the best investments I've made in skates, I've been smoked a few times by slapshots and barely felt anything, I can't say the same for some other skates. As for the U+, make your decision when it comes out (if you can wait that long). Don't buy skates because your favortie player wears them, buy them becuase they are comfortable and they fit. If you were to ask me the question point blank of which skates to buy I would tell you Vapor XXXX's becuase my foot has always fit Bauers better. I've never had a comfortable fit with CCM until I tried the U+. I can't stress enough about these skates that they fit nothing like any previous CCM skate which has me excited to try them. After trying on a demo pair and seeing how they fit I can tell you I will be buying a pair of these for sure. Hope that helps!

Spoke to the stick product manager at the show and he said that the U+ stick will be slightly tweaked. The hole in the heel will be covered with a light epoxy on the edge of the blade. They did some more testing and while it wasn't compromising the stick's integrity at all, the edges were fraying.

heres a video i found of to U+ skate, some of you may have seen it and some may have not. so here it is.

Here's one more...

Edited by Fredrik

Can someone tell me the exact name of the gloves Joe Thornton is wearing? I read that they are the CCM 5 roll gloves, and if they are discontinued then where can I get the older models. I am very, very interested and have searched everywhere, thanks......

Thanks TBL, but can I get a little more info...like are they available the eagle 5 roll and what places might have them. Please, I'm not annoyed I just really want to try these out. Thanks again......

Sign in to follow this