Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2008 CCM Catalogue

EWH has 5-roll Eagles. As far as I know they are pro stock or custom order only.

They call them pro stock but they're usually just a stock glove.

Hey any of you LHS workers know what the biggest difference in the U+ and V08 is going to be. I was checking prices and the U+ is going for $525 while the V08 is only $275. That is a huge difference in price for one model away from top of the line. I guess I am mostly worried about the fit. JR said the U+ are going to fit wider which is great. I'm just hoping the lower models fit the same way. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

Hey any of you LHS workers know what the biggest difference in the U+ and V08 is going to be. I was checking prices and the U+ is going for $525 while the V08 is only $275. That is a huge difference in price for one model away from top of the line. I guess I am mostly worried about the fit. JR said the U+ are going to fit wider which is great. I'm just hoping the lower models fit the same way. Any help would be greatly apprecited.

I'm guessing the foam?

The V08 is just a Vector skate. $275 is a good price for them.

The U+ isn't just a step up, it's a completely new and revolutionary skate. It's not the V10 with new graphics. It commands more money for its substantial jump in technology.

thank you guys for your help. Here's hoping the new U+'s do not breakdown real quick. I'm 6'1 and 215 and I really need a long lasting skate. My 6.0 have lasted 2 years with no breakdown problems at all.

The V08 is just a Vector skate. $275 is a good price for them.

The U+ isn't just a step up, it's a completely new and revolutionary skate. It's not the V10 with new graphics. It commands more money for its substantial jump in technology.

The fact you can almost have two pair of V08 for the price of the U+ makes it hard to not go with the V08. If you're on the ice more than 3-4 times a week, you might be better off going with two pair of V08s and rotating them. Giving them the extra time to dry should help them last much longer.

whats that ccm shaft gonna sell for when it comes out in retail? im talking about the 10.0, i hope its not overly priced because i usually manage to get about 4 months out of a ccm shaft, any ideas? because im thinkin about picking one up...

any idea on how much the U+ skates are gonna cost?

sorry if this was already disscused , i did a search and found nothing

$529.99

Does anyone know if the U+ stick will be as light or lighter than the Easton S17? I can't decide on which stick to get, but Im already leaning towards the S17 because I don't think that CCM has any Forseberg similar blade patterns, do they?

Does anyone know if the U+ stick will be as light or lighter than the Easton S17? I can't decide on which stick to get, but Im already leaning towards the S17 because I don't think that CCM has any Forseberg similar blade patterns, do they?

One word: balance.

One word: balance.

Which one?

Balance will be yet another PP issue. some guys like a little more weight on the blade than others. Balance is usually more of a factor in selecting a stick than overall weight.

CCM's closest curve to a forsberg would be steen, but they're generally not regarded to be clones.

Well how about this question then.

I am trying to decide whether or not I should get the vapor XXXX's or if I should hold out for these U+'s. The two most important things for me is stiffness and durability. What is a guy to do!?!?!?!

Hold out for the U+

I'm skating in the XXXX's right now and they are the best skates I've ever had. The stiffness and durability for me have been outstanding. Skating 3-4 times a week in mens league and drop ins they still feel as stiff as when I bought them. I had 2 pairs of S15's that fell apart in about a month each before I got the Vapors. The XXXX's were one of the best investments I've made in skates, I've been smoked a few times by slapshots and barely felt anything, I can't say the same for some other skates. As for the U+, make your decision when it comes out (if you can wait that long). Don't buy skates because your favortie player wears them, buy them becuase they are comfortable and they fit. If you were to ask me the question point blank of which skates to buy I would tell you Vapor XXXX's becuase my foot has always fit Bauers better. I've never had a comfortable fit with CCM until I tried the U+. I can't stress enough about these skates that they fit nothing like any previous CCM skate which has me excited to try them. After trying on a demo pair and seeing how they fit I can tell you I will be buying a pair of these for sure. Hope that helps!

The xxxx is one of the most narrow skates I have tried on how is the fit even comparable to the u+?? I tried on the 10.0's just the other day and thought it was a perfect fit, if the u+ is going to have more boot volume I am thinking I might wanna get a pair of 10.0 before I can no longer find them any where. Will they have the same feel as far as fit goes?

Frederik was right....$529.00usd

Edited by colt45

Has anybody tried the new shins, are they as wide as the old (2007) Vs? I am comparing the V10s and V6s. My LHS is not going to get 2008 models for another three weeks. 2007 was way to wide for my taste.

if the mid flex is 57" does that mean it is also skinnier around than the 60" model?

It sounds like it's just shorter and a lower flex.

if the mid flex is 57" does that mean it is also skinnier around than the 60" model?

my friend's 07 V10.0 was shorter and also rounded, not boxy like the reg and stiff flexes. i dont know if they changed it though.

did they change the vinny curve a bit? loks like its round toed, it used to be squared off with a big rocker, right? have they changed it overall or just rounded off the toe?

my friend's 07 V10.0 was shorter and also rounded, not boxy like the reg and stiff flexes. i dont know if they changed it though.

I just bought an 08 10.0 mid flex shaft and I had to cut off as much, if not more, than any of my other senior tapered shafts.

Sign in to follow this