Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PWBIII

Kynetyk Hockey?

kynetyk? looks generic to me

kynetyk twig on ebay

i guess you do not know what generic means.

i bought some, i bought the sakic clone in a 90 flex, they are very light wight at 430g, they are very similar feel to my SE in the corners and in weight. i have not used it yet, so i do not know how it will perform.

i will be using it tonight as i have a game.

any one else used it or heard of it?

Baz5

I came across this the other day as well. I sent a message to the seller asking about warrentie and the lies of the sticks. The reply was very helpful.But as for any experience with the stick I have none. I actually sent a PM to someone here asking about them and have not heard anything back as of yet.

I used Google and didn't come up with anything besides auctions and a crappy looking band website.

i did too, but then i typed in "kynetyk hockey" and ended up with a couple of ebay hits. the stick doesnt look too bad, but i dunno about performance...never heard of it before...

I used Google and didn't come up with anything besides auctions and a crappy looking band website.

i did too, but then i typed in "kynetyk hockey" and ended up with a couple of ebay hits. the stick doesnt look too bad, but i dunno about performance...never heard of it before...

That's what I said...

i used it on fri at a ice hockey game (i brought my SE incase it was $h1t, but i had a good feeling) and i also used it at training on sat and i will use it again tomorow at training.

i have had alot of top end sticks, RBK 6K's, compro E2X's, synergy's, synergy II's, SE's.

just to let you guys know that its not as if im going from a woody to using my first carbon ops. lol :)

it weighs in at 420g (it says 415g though), i would compair it exactly to my synergy elite in that it has exactly the same ballance point and the same-ish weight and almost the same corners, maybe a little more round.

the stick comes in a grip which i quite like, a little lighter than the SE grip.

no durability issues a part from a small chip on the blade when some one ran my blade over with there skate blade :(

performance wise right now i mark it on par with my SE, time will tell if it has any issues regarding durability or loosing its ping.

i got it in a 90 flex, sakic clone blade, it has little paint on it s the black you see is graphic fiber weave, the paint/graphic's seems of good quality, no chipping yet.

if there are any changes ill let you guys know.

Baz5

Are they available at LHS

frank one of the owners said he is workin on his website and these sticks are the 1st batch, he said he is working on other sticks (performance based stick, performance with better durabliity, and a heavyer stick for total durability) but wont be releasing them untill the website is finished.

he has little stock left, hence the cheep price.

Baz5

If they were around $60 shipped i might try it but for $100 i cannot really see my self getting it when there are pro stock one90's and vapor XXX-lites for the same price.

to be honest i wouldnt pay 100 for 0ne90 or xxxlite sicks as i know they have isses, but i would pay 100 for a new product to see what ots like, but then again your 100usd is only 50GBP for me as im from Scotland UK and the USD isnt much at all now. :)

eg for a SE in scotland £130-£140GBP = $260-$280USD, so if i can ship over a SE for $160usd i am saving alot.

to be honest i wouldnt pay 100 for 0ne90 or xxxlite sicks as i know they have isses, but i would pay 100 for a new product to see what ots like, but then again your 100usd is only 50GBP for me as im from Scotland UK and the USD isnt much at all now. :)

eg for a SE in scotland £130-£140GBP = $260-$280USD, so if i can ship over a SE for $160usd i am saving alot.

depends how hard you are on your sticks. had a one90 stick for about 7 months. my vapor xxx is going on month 3

any one else had one? or trying one?

so far only one broke. pritty good going for me using sticks.

Baz5

I took a flier on one on ebay.... absolutely loved it until I broke it taking a faceoff. I have only used it in beer league games (ice, not roller).

I used the Surge model with the Sakic curve. I've never used a better stick for shooting (although I haven't used the current top of the line models from easton, warrior, etc.) I found the puck to rocket off the blade. The 100 flex was really springy and great for wristers and slappers. It also had a pretty nice feel for stickhandling. The weight is light and the balance felt right.

very light, well balanced, great feel. the grip is pretty sticky (I prefer non-grip sticks).

As a qualifier, I'm really, really hard on sticks (to the point that I keep having to go back to 2 piece combos for durability)... so it may be me, not the stick. (240 lbs, recently hung 'em up from playing senior 'a' in NB... in fairness I've broken every one piece except for the TPS Armor C4C's quickly).

I don't like the looks of the stick. I think the misspelling of kinetic and the all-white are a bit loud. (Then again, that's just my personal preference). This stick marked up very easily. I used it for 3 1/2 beer league games and it looked like had been through at least 1/2 season. That being said, I could easily get past that stuff for the performance... no question.

Fortunately, the stick broke during the warranty period. I'm really looking forward to getting the replacement back on the ice. The customer service has been very responsive and helpful, both in selecting the patterns and through the warranty process.

I'd have to see how the replacement holds up before I'd consider buying another. Performance-wise, this stick was great while it lasted. It was my favorite stick for those few times I used it. If the replacement holds up, I'd buy another in a heartbeat... if not, I'd try something different. Hope this helps. I'll repost after I've used the replacement for a bit.

I don't like the looks of the stick. I think the misspelling of kinetic and the all-white are a bit loud. (Then again, that's just my personal preference). This stick marked up very easily. I used it for 3 1/2 beer league games and it looked like had been through at least 1/2 season. That being said, I could easily get past that stuff for the performance... no question.

There is the reflex which is more traditional looking.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Kynetyk-Reflex-One-Piec...%3A1|240%3A1307

So how did your replacement stick go? Did it last as long if not longer than the original one?

Ok here is the truth about the stick.

So one night im on Ebay looking for good deals on stuff and I see this hockey stick. It say make an offer. So me not being Ebay savey makes an offer for $80 at the time. The guy accepts and sends me a bill with out even talking to me first. So I was like I really don't want it. I was just making an offer to see what he would say. SoI go back and forth with the guy and he begs me to buy it so I did.

I had the first few that came out and I was working on being a dealer for them at the time. At first the stick feels and looks good, very light almost like a ONE 90 came in 3 curves it was good for the buy until they started breaking.

I had 5 guys on my team buy them and they loved them but they wouldn't last. They would break during warmups during a game it was getting bad. We were going threw sticks left and right. They would break right were the blade meets the shaft.

At first the guy was cool and warrentyed them for me. But it contiuned to happen and they guy didn't want to no anything. So me and the guys got feed up and gave up on them. I don't know about the new stuff if its any good , but they are made out of Jersey some were . Im not tring to bash the guy but he treated me wrong so I wasn't happy. I bought almost 20 sticks from him at cost and was selling them pretty good here in N.Y.C. But when he didn't take care of the breakages I walked.

Thats my story sorry for venting but I had to tell my story to someone.

I have not received my replacement yet. It has been about 3 weeks. A couple days of that may be due to where I live.

At first the owner(?) stated that my stick looked like it had taken a lot of abuse (after 4 beer league games) and stated that he'd send me a replacement for 50 bucks, including shipping. I declined and told him that I really felt that 4 beer league games with no abuse and breaking after that little use on a faceoff sounded like a mfr. defect to me. After hearing my explanation, he agreed to warranty the stick free of charge. Never had an issue like that with getting one pieces replaced under warrantee. At least it worked out as I feel it should have.

I'm not thrilled about the wait, but he "upgraded" me to a Reflex without charging me more (the more traditional looking one - thanks Jackal 17 for the suggestion). I think the asking price for the Reflex is like 20 bucks more than the Surge on ebay. I will be sure to post my impressions once I've had it on the ice a few times. I've read that this is their top of the line model. I wasn't aware of this at the time, or I would have bid on one of those instead of the Surge in the 1st place.

I certainly hope it holds up better, because I loved the first one before it broke. Then again, I've never broken a one piece as quickly and as innocently as the Surge. Jury's still out on my end. If the Reflex performs the same as the Surge or better, but lasts at least an average amount, I'd consider buying another for sure. If not, it's time to move on.