Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sed27

Heel Pain Developing over time

I picked a new Pair of Vapor XIX this past summer and having been using them in beer league 1 or 2 times per week since October.

About 2 months ago I started to develope heel pain at the base of my left foot in near my achilles (about the 7:00 position). It got to the point where it hurt just having the skate on my foot (let alone actually skating). When I checked the skates, it appeared that there was almost no padding in the heel cup area under the ankle padding.

I've now been off the ice for about three weeks resting my heel. It feels pretty good, but I don't want to start the cyle again.

My question is can a combination re-bake and punch of the skates solve this issue or should I be looking for another set of skates? I'm not even sure if the heel cup can be reworked with out loosening up the entire skate heel. Any help would be much appreciated.

I had a similar problem, and simply put the skate was too small for my heel area. It put a lot of pressure on the heel bone, and it hurt for weeks after.

Did you manage to remedy the situation or have switch skates?

I had this same feeling when I broke in my new Missions. After a few hours of skating in my Soldiers the first few times, I had crippling heel pain (had to take the skates off between shifts and quit after 90 minutes), but only in my left foot, which I had broken as a little kid. However, it really become much better after baking.

I had this same feeling when I broke in my new Missions. After a few hours of skating in my Soldiers the first few times, I had crippling heel pain (had to take the skates off between shifts and quit after 90 minutes), but only in my left foot, which I had broken as a little kid. However, it really become much better after baking.

See that's what I can't figure out... I baked the skates when I first purchased them and wore them in the house quite a bit before I ever hit the ice.

It wasn't until about 15 games into the season when I began to develope the heel pain. I had long since considered the skates broken in by the time I was feeling anything.

Maybe it was an injury you developed while playing. I don't see why your foot would suddenly grow and otherwise, I'm not sure. Still, getting them punched might help.

Like I said before, I had this problem. The heel felt fine, but after around 5-10 skates my heel area hurt so bad when I flexed forward in the boot. This happened on both feet so it wasn't an injury problem. I got a custom boot, which I assumed from visual inspection has a wider heel. My heel is feeling ok now. You problem just need a wider heel or a higher-volume heel area.

I had the same problem with my Vapor XXV's. Right foot only. The only way I could wear them was to go bare foot and leave the top eyelets unlaced.

Hockeyfreak,

Thanks for the feedback. Your past problem sounds very similar to what I am experiencing- especially regarding the pain created when flexing forward.

It funny that my old Vapor Shifts (same skate line and size) never gave me any heel trouble.