Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogie24

The "Nike Hockey in the 90s" Thread!

You have to remember, at the time it was thought of as a great moment and a big draft for nyr b/c they got lundmark and brendl who were both really highly touted. I don't think Savard would have amounted to anything had he stayed here. It is a weird phenomenon on the Rangers where a lot of the time any talent a guy has is completely negated by some invisible forces. Being on this team cost Kovalev a hundred goals for example.. They just sucked the life out of him

yea true, it happens to all new york teams and young guys. There is just too much to do here. There are clubs in every city but NYC is just different, hell only vegas keeps their clubs open later than in NYC. Clubs are open till 4am. (it's awsome by the way!!!) Plus when your young, rich and goodlooking it can get hard to focus on any sport.

You have to give it up to Jeter, David Wright, Manning, Comerie, Lundqvist and all the other young guys who can ignore all the distractions NYC has to offer and focus on their craft.

It's hard for me to focus!!! And Club college hockey is a long way away from the NHL.

If you are going to bring up Theo, you have to have this picture, which I have framed above my bed.

fleury00nike-1.jpg

Yesss...that is one of the best pictures of Lord Theo.

This city is just a pressure cooker when it comes to the fans and media. This town, toronto, montreal, philly. There are certain places where you'll get ripped apart if you suck and are being paid. I guess a lot of the russians who imploded here had the dual aspect of that plus being in front of such a large community of their own people.

shut

the

eff

up

whoa. how'd you get your hands on those? they're in mint condition. (i read a recent article about Nike selling Bauer.. and they mentioned that Nike's skates back in the mid 90s.. were retailing for $650.. glad i got my hands on my 'fedorovs' for free.99 from a friend)

and seriously, can someone PLEASE explain to me why the swoosh on so many of the old school pro issue nike gloves/sticks/skates were backwards.

They werent really "backwards", just always pointing towards the front. Depending on which side of glove/skate you have. Its like the nike shoes now, the outside swoosh is right but the ones on the inside of the shoe are backwards.

They werent really "backwards", just always pointing towards the front. Depending on which side of glove/skate you have. Its like the nike shoes now, the outside swoosh is right but the ones on the inside of the shoe are backwards.

Correct... Kind of, normally the right shoe/skate has a a backwards swoosh. It's mirrors the left skate where the swoosh is facing the correct direction.

I'll post more later, but for now, the crown jewel of my skate collection...enjoy.

%7Boption%7D

those are some beautiful skates my man... wow!

unbelievable

where did you get your hands on those?

those are some beautiful skates my man... wow!

unbelievable

where did you get your hands on those?

I only have one skate, which I guess is okay because I would never think of skating on them anyways...too bad because it fits great. These were obviously made for Fedorov, but I don't think they were ever used considering there aren't any marks.

Got them from someone who used to work for Nike. The gloves were Arnott's that he only used for a couple games after getting traded to the Devils. I have the a pair of Sundin game-used that are the black version of Fedorov version. I'll post them later.

thats a shame you only have one... even if I had a pair I'm not sure I'd skate on those and I'm not one to collect much or place importance on pro stock gear.

still, even one... beautiful!

I'll post more later, but for now, the crown jewel of my skate collection...enjoy.

%7Boption%7D

Always loved that skate. Seeing it now up close and just about brand new makes me think, what would it look like if you replaced just the white with black.

bump and an ID request.

WTF are these besides Ugly.

Found these in the back of the closet and am thinking I will sell them on ebay.

P1040267.jpg

what is the name of these gloves, i used to have a pair along time ago.. i have no idea what happened to them but i know theyd be too small now. id like to get a pair thats like 14" or 15" if i could find them.. but i dont know what they are called

I still have a pair of Nike gloves in my bag. They weren't bad gloves at all.

When I was a kid, I saved money for weeks so I could get one of those Nike aluminum sticks. It was a big deal back then. A month after I bought it, I blocked a shot with it and it dented and bent. What a waste.

Here are my collection, Ive had a thing for the white zooms for over ten years since I got my first pair.

1st ever pair, converted from original inlines and replaced with an ancient Mission chassis (added Nike graphics) - converted around 10 years ago, ignore the wheels as these haven't been used for years. - need a wee clean methinks and some new wheels.

Picture084.jpg

2nd pair, these were originally ice, converted with Mission VI HI-Lo's, and Rink Rat Hornets

Picture174.jpg

3rd pair originally inline (came with a crappy nike chassis) converted with another Mission Hi-Lo (looking to change this chassis to an all white Mission Mg vanguard pretty soon) - complete mint condition and only used about 6 times in total.

Picture120.jpg

And finally my mint condition Air Accel Elites for ice

9922_1.jpg

I'm pretty sure there's another white model but I am struggling to find pics of it - they were similar to picture 3. I know you can get the ones in pic 3 for ice however they're identical - there's definately one more white model.

right after i saw this thread, my first thought was "EBAY"

man i've always wanted a pair of the "white zooms zooms" (what my buddies and i called them lol)

i think this xmas break i will make my way to some 2nd hand hockey shops to look for these zooms zooms!

bump and an ID request.

WTF are these besides Ugly.

Found these in the back of the closet and am thinking I will sell them on ebay.

P1040267.jpg

what is the name of these gloves, i used to have a pair along time ago.. i have no idea what happened to them but i know theyd be too small now. id like to get a pair thats like 14" or 15" if i could find them.. but i dont know what they are called

as far as i can remember.. those are BOLEROs.

i always wanted those gloves.. actually still do. 2 kids on my team back when i was a peewee had them and i was so jealous b/c you couldn't get them unless you went out of town or to a different state that had a big big hockey store.. our LHS didnt' even carry them.

i have these.. hm i was thinking about doing the same conversion.. cause i have an old pair of mission protos that i don't wear much anymore.. but the hi lo chasis is still in tact.. and i just need new wheels.

Picture174.jpg

now i'm super tempted to do that conversion. was it hard to fit them or was it pretty easy?

Picture084.jpg

Have a pair of these in a 9 but the chasis on them is black plastic. Would like to find a pair of 8's to trade fr the nine.

If anyone has a pair of like 8's and wants a 9 let me know. You can see it in the gold glove picture

still searching for a pair or nike gloves, but sometimes (don't kill me please!!!) still using theese:

img00132jb0.th.jpg

:lol:

Those may have just inspired me to black out my v12s