Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

doogie24

The "Nike Hockey in the 90s" Thread!

I miss nike honestly, i had a pair of quest v12's back in peewee i think it was? They were pretty crappy skates honestly but they were my first pair of expensive skates and i thought they were the greatest! So light and so wide, fit my foot perfect.

I was a part of the Vapor 10 implosion way back when. When my old Vapor 10 blew apart on me I went to the all white Nike. Then the inside of the Nike boot just collapsed on me after a few weeks (played 7/8 times a week then). I'll never forget looking inside the boot and seeing all of the lining falling apart and trying to figure out what to do. Ended up finishing that season in someone else's skates and got Bauer's second attempt at the Vapor 10 later.

Growing up playing hockey in the 70's and 80's probably made me more of a traditionist. Quality of the "Nike branded" equipment aside, am I the only one that always felt the swoosh just looked out of place on hockey gear, especially skates?

I still think it just looks wierd. I was happy with Nike incorporated the Bauer logo back in, happier when Nike sold the bauer line, and will be happiest when the swoosh is gone from the logo all together.

Off topic... I guess I'm just old now and don't adapt to change as well as I used to. I was okay with "RBK" and logo but I'm stuggling with the rebranded "Reebok" on the new stuff.

Growing up playing hockey in the 70's and 80's probably made me more of a traditionist. Quality of the "Nike branded" equipment aside, am I the only one that always felt the swoosh just looked out of place on hockey gear, especially skates?

I still think it just looks wierd. I was happy with Nike incorporated the Bauer logo back in, happier when Nike sold the bauer line, and will be happiest when the swoosh is gone from the logo all together.

Off topic... I guess I'm just old now and don't adapt to change as well as I used to. I was okay with "RBK" and logo but I'm stuggling with the rebranded "Reebok" on the new stuff.

Unfortunately, I have to totally disagree with you. While the Swoosh may not be a "traditionalists" cup of tea, it was Nike that has helped revolutionize the Skate industry. Aesthetics, weight, construction, etc. Before Nike, every skate had some plastic, leather, Nylon, Maybe Composite in the sole. Since Nike got involved everything about skates has changed. It's unfortunate that Mark Parker didn't like the ROI in the hockey industry.

Unfortunately, I have to totally disagree with you. While the Swoosh may not be a "traditionalists" cup of tea, it was Nike that has helped revolutionize the Skate industry. Aesthetics, weight, construction, etc. Before Nike, every skate had some plastic, leather, Nylon, Maybe Composite in the sole. Since Nike got involved everything about skates has changed. It's unfortunate that Mark Parker didn't like the ROI in the hockey industry.

I think hes talking more about the swoosh logo its self than the way the whole skate looked.

Theres a member on here, ovechkin_368 looking to sell his all white fedorov style nikes with lightspeed 2's, he even has a second boot. The first pair are like brand new, the others are a bit beat up. Both the white style ones, but hes not a member+.

Sports Exchange in Vancouver had a pair of used white Nike's, can't remember the size though but they are on consignment so its probably $70cdn and dropping.

I have a pair of nike gloves my brother got at Big 5 WAY back in the day, they are gold and grey, they look nice, but i really didnt like them. Imma scrounge around and try and find them for a picture.

Sports Exchange in Vancouver had a pair of used white Nike's, can't remember the size though but they are on consignment so its probably $70cdn and dropping.

If things go well i should be the proud owner of Ovechkins skates. Curious of what model they are though, theres a picture of them in show it off.

Sorry to say, but the one's he has are only a pair of lower-level roller boots with tuuks put on them.

PM me if you really want a good pair...I have a stock-pile of them. A couple brand new.

If things go well i should be the proud owner of Ovechkins skates. Curious of what model they are though, theres a picture of them in show it off.

Well the ones i saw there were the old Federov's.

Well the ones i saw there were the old Federov's.

Yeah, thats what these are too. I would have probably bought them if i didnt pick up a new pair altogether. There mint though.

I wore the power ranger helmet in peewee, very comfortable. Might still have it laying around. If i had the money i would dress myself head to toe in classic nike gear.

+1 Wish I could find the skates in my size. And the gloves for that matter. Love that old Nike stuff.