Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

3rd Jerseys for 2008-2009

Since the request for a 3rd jersey for the Rangers was brought up, I have checked the RBK Holiday 2008 Catalog that lists teams adding a 3rd jersey for next season.

Drum roll, please.

Chicago, St. Louis, Boston, Vancouver, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Carolina, New York Islanders, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Edmonton, Buffalo, Ottawa, San Jose, Dallas, Atlanta, and Minnesota. That is 18 out of 30.

This is a stupid desision for Chicago, Boston, Toronto and Minnesota, I'm a stong opponent to original 6 teams having third jerseys. (If Toronto brings back that vintage looking 3rd, that would be fine though). Plus Minnesota has one of the best jerseys in the NHL, they don't need more, but i'm sure it'd be pretty nice.

St. Louis, Vancouver, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Carolina, New York Islanders, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Buffalo, Ottawa, San Jose, Dallas, Atlanta.

Edmonton- probably will go back to their old 3rd

Vancouver and Buffalo - probably go back to vintage

San Jose- They NEED a third jersey AND a fourth jersey and then throw out the first two. And then if they still want a third, then they need to make a fifth jersey.

I'm interested to see what the other teams will cook up. Darkstar, do you have pics or no.

PS: Islanders better not go back to those ugly orange jerseys, but hey it's long island, people don't have any style out there-Abercrombie and UGGS and that it.

hopefully the leafs add stripes around the waist to these <_< I'm almost used to the new ones but it was pretty painful for the first few months.

Im excited to see Boston and Dallas, hopefully they can recover from they're past 3rds. Im also lookin forward to Carolinas as this will be a first for them in the 3rd jersey club

There have been talks about Montreal getting a 3rd for their 100th next year.

There have been talks about Montreal getting a 3rd for their 100th next year.

I have a feeling they may just add that 100 logo to the shoulder of the existing jersey. If they do a 3rd, I hope it is just a version of that 1940's white retro from last season, not something now.

i want the wings to have the striped jerseys from back in the day as their thirds

Ugh, I hope you're kidding...

any chance Buffalo will use the red with large sabers crossed as their 3rd?

They are for sure using the vintage blue jersey.

Atlanta: will be going back to use a lot more of the red from their original uniforms.

Boston: will use the vintage BRUINS with bear logo.

Buffalo: vintage blue, like 06/07.

Carolina: black, shoulder patch will be main logo.

Chicago: black, like the previous one.

Dallas: a white version of the black one they wear now.

Edmonton: vintage, with laces.

LA: can't recall if it was black or purple, but will use the LA logo.

Minnesota: as most have said, green with MINNESOTA on it like the old Avs thirds.

NY Isles: vintage.

Ottawa: GOLD, with Sens across the front.

Philly: orange. looked kind of vintage, couldn't tell if it was the 80s version or the 70s version.

Phoenix: black, with a full coyote.

Pittsburgh: winter classic jersey.

San Jose: black.

St. Louis: navy

Tampa: navy with Bolts on the front

Toronto: the vintage white third from the past

Vancouver: vintage

is it the logo on the right here?

new_logos460x235.jpg

Either that or simply the bear head I would guess.

%7Boption%7D

I like this one for pens 3rd

I don't think PITTSBURGH written like that will fit into the EDGE design. Didn't the RANGERS have to tighten the font or change the angle to make it fit? I'd expect that color scheme but the round Penguin Logo (like the suggested Winter Classic jersey)

Damn, doesn't look like the Jackets are on the list.

I was hoping for the Jackets to come out with a script-style third jersey. Something like what the Mooseheads have. I love the lace-up style at the neck.

Voracek3.jpg

I was kinda hoping MN would do a Black jersey. I think they could come up with something that looked sharp.

Ottawa using gold should be interesting. All the vegas gold jerseys I have seen have looked silky....

Dallas: a white version of the black one they wear now.

Um....they already have that jersey. They call it their road jersey.

Damn, doesn't look like the Jackets are on the list.

I was hoping for the Jackets to come out with a script-style third jersey. Something like what the Mooseheads have. I love the lace-up style at the neck.

Voracek3.jpg

Those are beauties.

San Jose- They NEED a third jersey AND a fourth jersey and then throw out the first two. And then if they still want a third, then they need to make a fifth jersey.

Goodness yes. The designers for their current jerseys need to be fired and then blackballed.

Chicago has a barber pole style, too. They wore those in 92 during the 75th NHL Anniversary year as their throwback from the 40s. 1992 was when Detroit brought theirs back.

is it the logo on the right here?

new_logos460x235.jpg

Either that or simply the bear head I would guess.

The ones I saw on NESN were similar to the old "90" jersey. All black w/horizontal sleeve stripes and hem stripe. Shoulder logo on front, spoked B on shoulders. It was reported to be one of the finalists for third jersey next year. Another design was similar but sans the hem stripes.

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=baltgq8.png

There's a copy of the video on HF boards(not plugging them, just giving info as I find the site is full of plugs anyway). Search under "Bruins alternate".

Hmm let me guess, flyers will have the same old symbol with the same old style. Just this time, black Orange...awesomely exciting.

You have to be the first Flyer's fan I've ever heard complain about the promise of an orange jersey.

That orange 3rd they brought out a couple of years ago was awful but an orange version of the current jerseys wouldn't be so bad.

Now if they would only use the orange as a home jersey and shelf the black jersey for 3rd duty. What a great concept, get rid of the jersey that is the main color of your team, a color that only a couple of teams use and replace it with a black jersey like every other team out there. Way to be original.

This is a stupid desision for Chicago, Boston, Toronto and Minnesota, I'm a stong opponent to original 6 teams having third jerseys. (If Toronto brings back that vintage looking 3rd, that would be fine though). Plus Minnesota has one of the best jerseys in the NHL, they don't need more, but i'm sure it'd be pretty nice.

St. Louis, Vancouver, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Carolina, New York Islanders, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Buffalo, Ottawa, San Jose, Dallas, Atlanta.

Edmonton- probably will go back to their old 3rd

Vancouver and Buffalo - probably go back to vintage

I'm interested to see what the other teams will cook up. Darkstar, do you have pics or no.

PS: Islanders better not go back to those ugly orange jerseys, but hey it's long island, people don't have any style out there-Abercrombie and UGGS and that it.

I'm going to have heavily disagree with the Wild having the best uni's. Feels like christmas every time I see them play. Their mascot should be Santa Claus. Anyhoo, the B's will probably use the bear with the "Bruins" writing, not just the bear head, that would look silly again.