Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

3rd Jerseys for 2008-2009

You have to be the first Flyer's fan I've ever heard complain about the promise of an orange jersey.

That orange 3rd they brought out a couple of years ago was awful but an orange version of the current jerseys wouldn't be so bad.

I like the promise of an orange jersey, but the last ones were so horrible that I'm not getting my hopes up.

I like the promise of an orange jersey, but the last ones were so horrible that I'm not getting my hopes up.

Agreed. I have one hanging in my closet, it was a gift and I don't think I've ever warn it. It's between the purple Phantoms jersey I've never worn and the green Dallas Stars jersey I sometimes wear to open hockey but would never wear anywhere else (both gifts as well)

During the Winter Classic, they said on CBC or NBC that the Pens would make the application to have the baby blue jersey as their 3rd jerseys next year.

LegoDoom is that a card of peter foresberg in a flyers jersey? Off topic, do you flyers fans think picking up Lindros lost you a stanley cup? I don't think so, you almost won in 97'. Lindros was a monster that year, I would know... he single handedly demolished the Rangers. I know some people feel looking back, that it was a bad trade for philly.

And Trudy14, you might not like the wild jerseys but a large majority of people like them, plus Minnesota is the state of hockey, the dumbest hockey fan out of Minn knows more about hockey than anyone else in the states except me, nah just kidding but don't talk shit about Minny, I'm a NYer but the fact that there is a state in america that loves hockey more than canada makes me excited in that certain way. My team is going to wear minny jerseys next year for my league, the wild can do no wrong with jerseys.

This is a stupid desision for Chicago, Boston, Toronto and Minnesota, I'm a stong opponent to original 6 teams having third jerseys. (If Toronto brings back that vintage looking 3rd, that would be fine though). Plus Minnesota has one of the best jerseys in the NHL, they don't need more, but i'm sure it'd be pretty nice.

I hate the Min jersey, it looks like x-mas on ice

St. Louis, Vancouver, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Carolina, New York Islanders, Los Angeles, Tampa Bay, Edmonton, Buffalo, Ottawa, San Jose, Dallas, Atlanta.

Edmonton- probably will go back to their old 3rd

Vancouver and Buffalo - probably go back to vintage

San Jose- They NEED a third jersey AND a fourth jersey and then throw out the first two. And then if they still want a third, then they need to make a fifth jersey.

I'm interested to see what the other teams will cook up. Darkstar, do you have pics or no.

PS: Islanders better not go back to those ugly orange jerseys, but hey it's long island, people don't have any style out there-Abercrombie and UGGS and that it.

The Wild are doing they best they can with red and green but I saw enough of those two colors during the first 10+ years of NJ Devils uniforms to know that red and green = f'ugly. Green hockey pants? No, thank you.

I don't know, I think Minnesota jersey's are sharp. It's a darker green, and a slightly darker red. It doesn't look bad at all, and the gold is actually gold, not some sickening puke yellow. They could be so much worse.

I'm getting real sick of black, everyone has black. My father always said that hockey jerseys should be colorful and should stand out. I'd have to agree with him. My father hated it when the Whalers went from green to blue and the cunucks go from blue and green to black and yellow and orange and whatever they were trying to do there.

Slightly tangent, but I'm excited that the Rangers are bringing out a third. The first jersey I bought was a dark Rangers statue of liberty 3rd jersey. Disappointed that I never got a white one to match it.

Slightly tangent, but I'm excited that the Rangers are bringing out a third. The first jersey I bought was a dark Rangers statue of liberty 3rd jersey. Disappointed that I never got a white one to match it.

thats funny, my first jersey was the white one haha

Read the first post, if he is right, the rangers arn't bringing back the third.

any chance Buffalo will use the red with large sabers crossed as their 3rd?

Ottawa: GOLD, with Sens across the front.

Oh. Shit.

I hate the current ones (because they're boring, look like practice jerseys, and are exactly the same as Pittsburgh) but I'm begging them not to go through with this! The Senators are going to have next year's edition of the mustard Predators uniforms... I know people will think this is as bad as gold, but I'd like to see them do a vintage with the Ottawa 67's style striping. A red third would be good too though, because they want to rip off Calgary's 'sea of red' idea in the playoffs, but their red jersey is just ugly, so I have to just wear a red T-shirt to playoff games.

I would like to see more color in the jerseys. Its nice to see some colors other than black. Red, Greens, etc. are a nice change. I would like the Pens to use their winter classic jerseys all the time, but a light blue third would be the least they could do.

I would love to the Minnesota North Stars jersey brought back, by either Dallas or Minnesota itself. Now if only the Seattle Metropolitans jersey would somehow resurface...

LegoDoom is that a card of peter foresberg in a flyers jersey? Off topic, do you flyers fans think picking up Lindros lost you a stanley cup? I don't think so, you almost won in 97'. Lindros was a monster that year, I would know... he single handedly demolished the Rangers. I know some people feel looking back, that it was a bad trade for philly.

And Trudy14, you might not like the wild jerseys but a large majority of people like them, plus Minnesota is the state of hockey, the dumbest hockey fan out of Minn knows more about hockey than anyone else in the states except me, nah just kidding but don't talk shit about Minny, I'm a NYer but the fact that there is a state in america that loves hockey more than canada makes me excited in that certain way. My team is going to wear minny jerseys next year for my league, the wild can do no wrong with jerseys.

Easy man, don't take it so personal. All I did was say I didn't think the Wild had the best uni's in the NHL. Sure there are people that don't agree with me but I can guarantee there are some people that do agree. Which has nothing to do with what I think about the state of Minnesota, their passion for hockey is awesome. I can deal with their away whites, it's their home uni's that I really dislike.

I agree with the thoughts that too many teams are doing the black jerseys. I liked them at first but now its way over done. Let chicago use them and Philly. Other than that no black main jerseys.

So glad my Caps went back to R/W/B ... I hope we come out with a blue jersey with our secondary logo on it in a few years.

black is out

Minimally-used, but bold, accent colors are in. i.e. orange for Ducks and Sharks, gold for other teams.

I agree with the thoughts that too many teams are doing the black jerseys. I liked them at first but now its way over done. Let chicago use them and Philly. Other than that no black main jerseys.

So glad my Caps went back to R/W/B ... I hope we come out with a blue jersey with our secondary logo on it in a few years.

So no black for Boston anymore? Original six teams should leave their uni's alone. Boston would look horrible without black, like they did with their dumb third jeresy's with the bear head a couple years ago.

So no black for Boston anymore? Original six teams should leave their uni's alone. Boston would look horrible without black, like they did with their dumb third jeresy's with the bear head a couple years ago.

The Bruins had a few jerseys back in the day that weren't black. In the 40's they had a yellow jersey with "Bruins" in cursive on the chest.

Bruins1.gif

Also, in the 50's and 60's, they had a 3rd jersey which was yellow with the spoked B.

Bruins6.gif

I was also thinking a real old school brown jersey could be done nice.

btw. check this site out for throwbacks for all teams: http://www.nhluniforms.com/