Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Cool goalie gear

Post up some cool looking graphics and custom gear you've seen. Does NOT need to be yours. If you have the person's username(no matter what forum) please include it with the post to give the owner due credit. Please keep images under 400 X 600, some people may still be on dialup(I hope not!). If any owner of posted equipment asks that the picture be removed, please do so without hesitation.

It has to start off with the batman set by Scott. Not sure of the username, if one of you know please let me know.

batmanblockerkt4.jpgbatmancatchok1.jpg

batmanjn6.jpg

Another set from Scott and another that I dont remember the username, again if you know please post. Homer set:

homerblockerfq4.jpghomercatchnz3.jpg

homerpadsxh2.jpg

Please limit any quoting of pictures to one at MOST.

The Homer/Duff set belongs to Rick Pringle.

That particular Batman set belongs to someone other than the guy who calls himself "bat-goalie" and has an iPod nano jerry-rigged into his mask :)

Another Scotty Battram, it's on his site:

combo200.jpg

I love Scott's work but damn, I hope this doesn't turn into a Battram thread. Dont hesitate to post cool custom color stock graphic pads!

and has an iPod nano jerry-rigged into his mask smile.gif

I just started doing that.. but I wrapped the armband onto the vertical back pad/piece of my C/A, and ran the headphones up my back...I'm thinking of someway to get speakers of some sort mounted in my mask...kinda like NFL QB's. I was thinking about those 180's earmuff earphones? they're kinda flat, and could work.

I am probably in the minority when I say this but when I see Brian's and Battram gear with custom graphics, I think they look very silly. I really don't think I would step on the ice looking like that.

I am probably in the minority when I say this but when I see Brian's and Battram gear with custom graphics, I think they look very silly. I really don't think I would step on the ice looking like that.

at least they're better than the rediculous tribal shit companies are coming out with nowadays.

Bear in mind that these are *custom* graphics - it's about how well the design (or even just the vague idea) provided by the customer is realised in a relatively difficult and unforgiving medium.

For example, a guy sends in this...

clairepads.jpg

Chakal puts together these templates...

clairetemplate.jpg

And Scott Battram produces this:

clairpads.jpg

clairegloves.jpg

Now, that at least has to be appreciated as a pretty impressive realisation.

Having said that, I don't much care for complex graphics myself; more of a vintage, clean-lines guy. I don't own any Battram gear, but if I did, it would probably look like these - IMO the best set he ever produced:

ballblocker.jpg

ballcatch.jpg

ballpads.jpg

And, finally, I swear, the last Battram I'll post before I find something else - but it's probably the neatest shot of the bunch...

10truckandpads.jpg

As a goalie, I guess I'm much more impressed by companies that put their efforts into making functional improvements to gear rather than playing arts and crafts on the fronts of their pads. I realize that different goalies have different motivations for playing the game.

You can do away with that infantile pretext, pal. I could denigrate any pads as 'arts and crafts' - they're just glorified leg-pillows, after all. Nothing but foam, nylon and polyurethane leather.

The nice thing about a custom builder - whoever it is - is that the pads will play however you want them to. You get the function and the artifice.

Besides, there really isn't any such thing as a universally 'functional improvement,' as you so ignorantly imply.

I just put some RBK P2 knee-blocks on my pro-return Bauer Supremes - made a massive difference in down-mobility. I love having a thick, stiff, one-piece block under my knees.

That said, there are some people who swear by Eagle's more pillowy designs, or even the Vaughn 'wonder-bread' stack of thin LD lifts.

And I may love the P2 knee-blocks, but I loathe the feeling and performance of RBK pads - for that matter, I haven't liked a Lefebvre since the 580s, and even they had their drawbacks.

What 'functional improvements' has Lefebvre made since the original RBK Premier design? Bugger all. Has the Vaughn Velocity progressed substantially? Not a bit. TPS has made some innovations, sure, but they're not for everyone - most guys who know anything rip half the stuff off.

And by the way, that 'Retro' brown leather material is rather a substantial improvement. Every other pad maker uses the same basic PU leathers - that material is something entirely different, with considerably better abrasion- and water-resistance.

You can do away with that infantile pretext, pal. I could denigrate any pads as 'arts and crafts' - they're just glorified leg-pillows, after all. Nothing but foam, nylon and polyurethane leather.

The nice thing about a custom builder - whoever it is - is that the pads will play however you want them to. You get the function and the artifice.

Besides, there really isn't any such thing as a universally 'functional improvement,' as you so ignorantly imply.

I just put some RBK P2 knee-blocks on my pro-return Bauer Supremes - made a massive difference in down-mobility. I love having a thick, stiff, one-piece block under my knees.

That said, there are some people who swear by Eagle's more pillowy designs, or even the Vaughn 'wonder-bread' stack of thin LD lifts.

And I may love the P2 knee-blocks, but I loathe the feeling and performance of RBK pads - for that matter, I haven't liked a Lefebvre since the 580s, and even they had their drawbacks.

What 'functional improvements' has Lefebvre made since the original RBK Premier design? Bugger all. Has the Vaughn Velocity progressed substantially? Not a bit. TPS has made some innovations, sure, but they're not for everyone - most guys who know anything rip half the stuff off.

And by the way, that 'Retro' brown leather material is rather a substantial improvement. Every other pad maker uses the same basic PU leathers - that material is something entirely different, with considerably better abrasion- and water-resistance.

I apologize if my post offended you. It was not my intention. I honestly don't think what I said deserved such a hostile and defensive reply.

You're failing to grasp the distinction between 'offensive' and 'defensive'.

I was not offended, so there is not need for your 'if.' Your intent was manifest: a silly attempt at denigration, as I said, not of myself but of certain manufacturers.

Was my response somehow ill-informed? Or are you merely continuing in your established vein of passive-aggressive insincerity? I can't think of any other reason for confounding directness with hostility, or just contempt with 'defensiveness.'

Brian's Custom Goalie Pads(under "Custom Work")

Here's a link to custom pads that they Brian's has done. Some pretty cool pads on there

Law Goalie and Bold: Can we try to keep this as more of a picture thread? Maybe take the discussion to PM? :(

Shrug - I'm the one posting pads and substantial commentary. He's got some kind of ill-conceived agenda that doesn't involve either.

I'm still trying to find that pair of asymmetrical Viper pads with the stereo on the left leg...

DSC02288.jpg

I know these are nowhere near as neat or custom as the rest but someone said something about posting stock graphics with custom colors. plus theyre mine so damn right i think theyre cool!

man sorry so big...im an idiot

^^ I was waiting on those. :)

That's a nice take on the V3 graphic - and I'm not usually a fan.

Did you have anything else done to the pads?

This is pure appreciation to the custom work that can be done to make a unique setup.

Law goalie pretty much took care of the rest. It's not like these are geo metros with cool paint jobs, these are custom fabricated race cars where they went the extra mile to custom paint them.