Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bill737

The best wheels for a fat guy...

I've been out of the roller hockey game for a few years now and am hoping someone can help me decide what wheels are best for me - a fat guy!

I go about 225 or so, and used to roll on 72A Wicked Stickies; they worked just fine but did tear up fairly quick.

So, are there any heavy guys out there that can give some advice on wheels that worked well for you?

By the way, I play mainly on smooth sport court.

Thanks!!! Go Pens!!!

Not to be a jerk or anything, but how fat is fat? Are we talking 300lbs+ or what? You may want to go with some RR World Cup wheels if you're really that hefty.

Not to be a jerk or anything, but how fat is fat? Are we talking 300lbs+ or what? You may want to go with some RR World Cup wheels if you're really that hefty.

He said he was 225(or he goes 225, so I asume he is around 225) I would try defiantly 78a's either RR hot shots, hornets, or the world cups...All good skates for heftyer guys and should last awhile on smooth surfaces...

I was much bigger than you at one point, and I had great luck with 78A rink rat Hornets and 76A Revision Variant's, with a definite preference for the hornets.

He said he was 225(or he goes 225, so I asume he is around 225) I would try defiantly 78a's either RR hot shots, hornets, or the world cups...All good skates for heftyer guys and should last awhile on smooth surfaces...

Sorry, its been a long day. I totally forgot how to read...my bad. I'd still go with a high durometer, multilayer wheel though.

I am in the same boat as you. I am about 230lbs (probably closer to 240). I rolled 76A Rink Rats and they were too sticky. I switched to 76A Revision Variants and they were just right. Nice hard and fast in a straight line but gripped for days in a turn. I have played a little over a season on the Variants and they are still solid.

Big man here as well.

Tore up some 74a's very first shift on the painted cement. So I went to 78a's but I find them a little slippery, so I might give the 76a a shot. I am 260lbs.

I've been reading that some bigger guys use higher durometer wheels, such as 78A. I play on smooth plastic sport court, and I get no grip with durometers that high.

I was just wondering if any of the lower durometer wheels (72A or 74A) are more durable than the Wicked Stickies?

I'm a big guy too. I have used many wheels in the past including RR Hornets, I snapped the core on the first stop. I swear by Labeda Grippers (Medium Green ones 76-78a). I love these wheels, loads of grip going into the corners and they don't chunk quickly either. I skate on Ice Court and they take abuse 3 times a week, they never let me down!

I tear up my skates pretty quickly, I'm VERY jealous of some of my friends when their wheels wear right down (the way they used to with me). Tried 78a's and they're slightly longer lasting, a good half way house for me really.

Most recently I've started to use separate wheels for games and for training to prolong the life of my more expensive rink rats. I dug out some old used foamies and they're performing REALLY well for training sessions and lasting incredibly well.

220lbs here. I currently use the RRMB816's 78A wheels in rear and 76A in the 2 front positions play on a sport court like surface. Wish sometimes I had a bit more grip in the rear but can really dig in when needed

I weigh similar, I used a setup of middle 2 wheels rink rat world cups and labeda dynestys on the front I play rink and sports hall and worked fine for me. I just replaced them after about a year! gone for revision golds. I paid $6 a wheel i think and had em shipped to UK :) .

rob