Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Another gem from JR's custom shop

Stay old school with the Custom +.

he may not like the pitch on the custom +.

Ever since I went to a E-Pro 2 months ago..I've felt like I've had better glide and so on..Well..I was running late and couldnt find my damn skates I wear in league and grabbed an unworn pair of Flexlites with the Custom Plus holder..Holy hell..I was slipping everywhere..I felt like Bambi for a few minutes AND they hurt the hell out of the balls of my feet..what gives?

Just a quick question that I'm sure has been answered before.... but here it goes.

I need a deeper fitting skate (xxxx's weren't deep enough). Does going custom allow you to get the proper depth that you need? I know JR said One95's were deeper than XXXX's anyways, but I'm just curious.

He helped a guy on here get much deeper volume on a pair of custom skates..I cant remember who, but they were extremely deep

Stay old school with the Custom +.

he may not like the pitch on the custom +.

Ever since I went to a E-Pro 2 months ago..I've felt like I've had better glide and so on..Well..I was running late and couldnt find my damn skates I wear in league and grabbed an unworn pair of Flexlites with the Custom Plus holder..Holy hell..I was slipping everywhere..I felt like Bambi for a few minutes AND they hurt the hell out of the balls of my feet..what gives?

Top of my head; the blades weren't sharpened; they were sharpened but much shallower than you are used to; they had a different radius and pitch than you usually skate on. Those are my guesses for starters.

what's special about those One90's, JR? I see heel lifts.... ls2... It's not a One95, dummy ;)

Whats so special? You could put bricks in there easily..Those custom skates have added material to compensate for the buyer's extremely thick feet, and a deeper skate was needed to accomodate them.

SOlid tendon guard as well.

JR the tenon gaurds on the One95 Retail skates are flexible right? We got ours in just yesterday so I haven't had time to notice.

Hot skate!! tryed it on for the first time yesterday. WOW!! However I still love my S15's! :D

OOPS WRONG One95 thread.

I'm sure the solid tendon guard for certain people has a purpose, but I think it looks ridiculous. Just my opinion, plus I'd much rather have the flexible one. Those boots do look a tad deeper, any chance of some overhead shots?

Also, as much as I love the shallow, super tight fit of my one90's, I like the classic, all black boot, white tongue look of the one95's. They feel pretty good also.

does the solid ones still have the holes ("vents") in them

its a good idea to get the solid one because i see tonnes of people with them and they are flopping about and stuff so i guess this was a problem with the one90s

does the solid ones still have the holes ("vents") in them

its a good idea to get the solid one because i see tonnes of people with them and they are flopping about and stuff so i guess this was a problem with the one90s?

Those look great with the tan liner.

I am not a HUGE fan of the look of pitch, but still a great looking skates.