Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Another gem from JR's custom shop

if you were changing the holders to pitch, why not just order them with no holders, just the boot?

Order with Custom+ so the holes are already there.

if you were changing the holders to pitch, why not just order them with no holders, just the boot?

I bought grafs, and was considering putting custom+ on them. the guy at my LHS said having one set of holders on and then switching would put too many holes in the sole, and would basically affect the integrity of the sole.

I just did this with a pair of G35s in my shop the other day, I use a mixture of epoxy and a bondo type substance to fill in the Cobra Holders leftover holes. I don't feel any difference as per the torque of the footbed. I'm guessing this issue would only be relevant unless you are a really really big guy (3 bills plus im thinking). When mounting them I also used four common holes, so there were only four left to fill. The inside toe, mid, mid-heel, and the outside mid heel were all filled with this compound I conjured up. Been skating for two weeks with no problem whatsoever.

I bought grafs, and was considering putting custom+ on them. the guy at my LHS said having one set of holders on and then switching would put too many holes in the sole, and would basically affect the integrity of the sole.

Shouldn't be a big problem if the guy knows what he's doing. In the aforementioned case, custom+ holes match PITCH, why line the holders up and drill if NBH will do it for you?

Stay tuned. I have a way.

I think I may know. I remember back in the day I thought graf or someone would send you two boxes with this foam type stuff. You step on the pieces and it makes a kinda rough mold of the foot. Gives the maker a good idea of volume and size. Am I right? do I get a cookie? I heard this from a dude you had a pair of crazy custom grafs made. They had blackhawks logos on them and were red. Many years ago like 2000 or 2001 should have taken photos. Skates were crazy looking

Stay tuned. I have a way.

I think I may know. I remember back in the day I thought graf or someone would send you two boxes with this foam type stuff. You step on the pieces and it makes a kinda rough mold of the foot. Gives the maker a good idea of volume and size. Am I right? do I get a cookie? I heard this from a dude you had a pair of crazy custom grafs made. They had blackhawks logos on them and were red. Many years ago like 2000 or 2001 should have taken photos. Skates were crazy looking

And/or the plaster sock thing that some custom figure skate companies use?

how old are you those are some tiny feet

LOL

I'm 33... I wear a street shoe size 8-8.5 depending on brand. I'm 6-0, 180 pounds.

It's not all that weird since the average US street shoe size is 9.

I usually am around a 7.0 in skates, but what fits is what fits for a particular model.

John had a width problem as well as a volume problem

He obviously wears the 8-8.5 shoe to compensate for that. He was in a non-custom 7 to compensate for that. By building the skates with that in mind, we were able to go smaller and true to size.

Those look real nice, I'm loving the felt tongue. I'm looking into one75's and I'm really not a fan of that new style tongue, also it seems as if my right foot fits into the 1/2 size smaller skate a little better as well but unfortunately for me a custom skate just isn't worth it (wish I was still young and playing heavily so I could justify it, but for now I'll just have to be envious of guys like you :rolleyes: )

I swapped out tounges in my One 75's...Order your size from East/Weast and its a piece of cake.

Those look real nice, I'm loving the felt tongue. I'm looking into one75's and I'm really not a fan of that new style tongue, also it seems as if my right foot fits into the 1/2 size smaller skate a little better as well but unfortunately for me a custom skate just isn't worth it (wish I was still young and playing heavily so I could justify it, but for now I'll just have to be envious of guys like you :rolleyes: )

We wont discuss my skill level :P

The way I look at it is, you may as well enjoy the time you do get to play and comfy feet helps a lot with that.

Coming soon, Darkbyte's thread on how to live on instant noodles to afford custom skates :lol:

Sounds good Mr Wabbit! Assuming size 5 (US men's) feet aren't too small.

I swapped out tounges in my One 75's...Order your size from East/Weast and its a piece of cake.

The truth of EWH customs right there!

Im in same boat as xstartsx. Would love some customs as I got odd feet. Just cant justify buying a top of the line boot. I am not of the level to appreciate it and with the kids not really of the income level either.

Does anyone know what models graf will do custom sizing for?

never mind. Searched the web. Apparently they will do any skate in custom. The added cost of customs is around 100-150 depending on options. Or thats what I read

JR,

Curious is there any way to work this process of building a custom skate with you with my living remote and not near you as I am interested in building up a pr of One 95s with ya? Thanks!

No, and that is how I differ and that is why I only do them in person.

John Pace flew up to Michigan for the MSH Skate with no guarantee that he would even play in it.

I'm figuring out a method for remote jobs which will be better than what anyone is doing right now, but don't really have the a) time, B) capital and c) need to do it right now.