Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JonnyCanuck

A lie 4 available in intermediate/sr sticks?

hey everyone...I'm about 5'6 and I skate fairly low to the ice with the puck in front of me...and I'm looking for something in an intermediate flex (ex: nike-bauer 77 flex)...I am used to a reg. mid curve...

Any suggestions on a stick or curve to start looking around for? I've been mainly using vapor xx's and xxx's over the years...

Thanks in advance!

Check around pro stock blades to match with a XXX/XXXX 77 shaft. There is a lengthy Mission thread with tons of patterns, and another with Warrior.

If you're interested in getting quite a few or can split an order you can order some from Chrisitan, though the price is going to be a bit higher.

Warrior Federov is a 4 lie.

The warrior 4 is more like a 5 from other manufacturers. They measure their lie differently. Black Beauty makes blades in a 4 lie but the feel is terrible.

Ok, so I'm about the same height as you give or take an inch and I've improved my slapshot and overall game quite a bit with the aforementioned Federov curve on my intermediate INNO Maniac stick (it improved my shot so much I grabbed another stick before they ran out at Pure Hockey). And I'm somewhat clueless in this stuff but I'm fairly sure the lie is what greatly affected my improvement... whatever the case, the height, flex, and lie seem to all be perfect for me. I recommend looking into this curve at your LHS if possible.

Hockeyworld actually has the INNO stuff (although not the INT OPS). So if you have a shaft and are just looking at a blade this might be worth looking at.

http://www.hockeyworld.com/searchResults.i...amp;x=0&y=0

Or you can just check the Warrior stuff as well that has the Federov pattern. It might be a good starting point to check out and see if you need to go up/down further in lie or if the Federov is just right.

Ok, so I'm about the same height as you give or take an inch and I've improved my slapshot and overall game quite a bit with the aforementioned Federov curve on my intermediate INNO Maniac stick (it improved my shot so much I grabbed another stick before they ran out at Pure Hockey). And I'm somewhat clueless in this stuff but I'm fairly sure the lie is what greatly affected my improvement... whatever the case, the height, flex, and lie seem to all be perfect for me. I recommend looking into this curve at your LHS if possible.

Hockeyworld actually has the INNO stuff (although not the INT OPS). So if you have a shaft and are just looking at a blade this might be worth looking at.

http://www.hockeyworld.com/searchResults.i...amp;x=0&y=0

Or you can just check the Warrior stuff as well that has the Federov pattern. It might be a good starting point to check out and see if you need to go up/down further in lie or if the Federov is just right.

And I'm the same height as Nik Lidstrom, that doesn't mean I would get better using his stick.

Hey thanks for the reply everyone...ya I'm quite familiar with the technology and specs with NB and easton and such but in quite the dark when it comes to Warrior...however, I'll keep the fedorov curve when im shopping around...thx again!