Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fastbrother7

Mission NME Nine-1 skate

I just recently returned to hockey after a 20 yr hiatus, and the majority of skates out there make me throw up a little in my mouth when I look at them. That is merely marketing (good or bad), and has no bearing on the merits of the skate...at least the merits of the skate that a real hockey player should be concerned about. Performance, durability, etc. It is true that appearance is important to the companys success if it can translate to more sales, but I will never chose a skate based on looks, or manufacturer. I want the best skate within my personal parameters, such as cost, type of use, etc. Who cares what it looks like....lets judge it when it comes out on its own merits and decide then. However, for me, it looks better than most of the stuff out there. I know it is probably a bad picture, and perhaps a preliminary model, but it looks more like a hockey skate than anything I have seen from CCM at my LHS. Mission may be trying to "look more like them", but "them" sure doesnt seem to be CCM! That skate doesnt make me want to puke when I see it, but is it a great skate. We will see.

What islands are you heading too?...Did I miss something are you moving off the mainland?

Back to Aruba, one island, many happy people and paradise on earth. It gets less than 20 inches of rain a year, never been 100F or colder than 66F and rarely sees a hurricane. There's a reason it is the most re-visted island in the Caribbean. I would like nothing more than to live the rest of my days at the more relaxed pace found down there. This is my fourth trip in the last year and a half.

No "them" refers to the NBH one90 models and Easton S models...take a look and youll see the look we are refering too...The best skate that fits my foot personally is Mission ice and inline...when I do purchase new skates I personally prefer the top end model cause of comfort and fit...Now with that being said I havent been happy with the designs and looks of the inline and some of the ice lines Mission has put out on their top models for the past few years...So looks are definalty not as important to me as fit and preformance, which is the reason I have spent good money of Mission skates the last few years, BUT I am not happy with the look of them....But you are right alot of people buy certain skates cause they like the look or their buddy has them, but they kill their foot everytime they skate, that I will never understand.

What islands are you heading too?...Did I miss something are you moving off the mainland?

Back to Aruba, one island, many happy people and paradise on earth. It gets less than 20 inches of rain a year, never been 100F or colder than 66F and rarely sees a hurricane. There's a reason it is the most re-visted island in the Caribbean. I would like nothing more than to live the rest of my days at the more relaxed pace found down there. This is my fourth trip in the last year and a half.

Save up some pennies and you could at least build yourself a little inline rink their, may not be as good as ice but it will fix the urge in a pinch....And if you find that chick natilie or whatever down there, tell her all of us here at MSH said hello...Have a good trip.

Mission has been putting out a decent product for awhile and plenty of kids are in their sktes as well, but Bauer and CCM have set the bar high again with their new innovative developments. I think Mission did help start the light-weight skate revolution a few years ago. It will always be tough to compete with Bauer and CCM for brand recognition.

No "them" refers to the NBH one90 models and Easton S models...take a look and youll see the look we are refering too...The best skate that fits my foot personally is Mission ice and inline...when I do purchase new skates I personally prefer the top end model cause of comfort and fit...Now with that being said I havent been happy with the designs and looks of the inline and some of the ice lines Mission has put out on their top models for the past few years...So looks are definalty not as important to me as fit and preformance, which is the reason I have spent good money of Mission skates the last few years, BUT I am not happy with the look of them....But you are right alot of people buy certain skates cause they like the look or their buddy has them, but they kill their foot everytime they skate, that I will never understand.

But seriously....how different looking can a skate be? There are always going to be similarities, and if you are trying to look more old-school and conservative, it will look more like NBH regardless. It may look more like NBH than previousmodels, but cmon, there are a ton of differences. I guess my point is, why try to be so "different" in looks? Look what ccm is doing....god, they look awful. Remember when the only way you could tell skates apart from each other was seeing where the white name was on the skate? Under the laces it was bauer, up on heel it was ccm. I just dont understand why the designs have become so crazy. My first impression of the new mission skate was a positive one...I liked the way it looked. Is is a 0ne95 copy? Dont care. To me, it just looks more like a real, old-fashioned hockey skate.:)\\

:)

While we're talking about mission skates in here, I'm just curious, is the Mission Fuel 95 XP skate a high end skate? I can't really tell with all of the fuel models that are out which ones are good and which ones aren't...

I just recently returned to hockey after a 20 yr hiatus, and the majority of skates out there make me throw up a little in my mouth when I look at them. That is merely marketing (good or bad), and has no bearing on the merits of the skate...at least the merits of the skate that a real hockey player should be concerned about. Performance, durability, etc. It is true that appearance is important to the companys success if it can translate to more sales, but I will never chose a skate based on looks, or manufacturer. I want the best skate within my personal parameters, such as cost, type of use, etc. Who cares what it looks like....lets judge it when it comes out on its own merits and decide then. However, for me, it looks better than most of the stuff out there. I know it is probably a bad picture, and perhaps a preliminary model, but it looks more like a hockey skate than anything I have seen from CCM at my LHS. Mission may be trying to "look more like them", but "them" sure doesnt seem to be CCM! That skate doesnt make me want to puke when I see it, but is it a great skate. We will see.

I can second that. I just like a skate that feels good first, and looks good second. Call me old school, but I prefer an all black skate with white holders lol. The one95, aside from its bling, makes that happen. But like may have said earlier, if my one95s werent comped, I definately couldnt justify picking them up for over $600, well at least my wife wouldnt let me lol

Interesting skate. Overallook is pretty good but it looks a little cheap/sloppy in the stitching and material. At least that´s what I think. Would be nice to take a closer look though...

Interesting skate. Overallook is pretty good but it looks a little cheap/sloppy in the stitching and material. At least that´s what I think. Would be nice to take a closer look though...

trust me it's not. keep your eyes peeled this year.... you are going to see lots of us..... learn to love it!

cant wait zac911. i always loved mission. l-2. favorite shaft ive ever used. any new stuff around christmas? thats the next time i'll be in the states and might be needin another pair of skates

120AGVIT_1689.jpg

I can show them in this thread as well or is it against the regulations?

Available in sweden and called ag120 special edition.

cant wait zac911. i always loved mission. l-2. favorite shaft ive ever used. any new stuff around christmas? thats the next time i'll be in the states and might be needin another pair of skates

i will know more shortly! PM me and i will let you know what to look for!

120AGVIT_1689.jpg

Im not too flashy of a guy, but Id have to make an exception for those.........pretty sweet.

I like. Are AGs still on the narrow heel side of the spectrum with Vapors, One90s and One75s?

i don't know if i want to call them a narrow heel..... they were designed to be a close to the foot fit with exceptional heel lock. if a skater were to have a very stocky/wide ankle they would be in an EE. i have average to large bony ankles and the D is on the money-- no heel lift whatsoever and very comfortable.

zac, can you tell me about the fuel 95 XP skates? I've never seen them in person, so I can't tell if these are a high level skate or a lower end skate. Are the skates that end in 0 (Fuel 90, fuel 120, etc) or is it the higher the number, the closer you get to the top of the line skate?

zac, can you tell me about the fuel 95 XP skates? I've never seen them in person, so I can't tell if these are a high level skate or a lower end skate. Are the skates that end in 0 (Fuel 90, fuel 120, etc) or is it the higher the number, the closer you get to the top of the line skate?

if it is such deal you cannot pass up then you should consider. the lack of a decent heel pocket on the 95s makes it a pass for most. i would generally avoid any skates that don't have much shape in the heel. too many skates have that 90 degree rise on the heel-- you need need a skates with a good heel pocket.

This new boot honestly doesn't look horrible to me aside from the red. Put a freaking mission hologram there or something, just make it color neutral. They should make a seamless, total mold boot to the old purefly/s500 style boot cut (I am referring to the height of the boot, the rake, and basic fit). One bit of advice I'd give to most of the companies not named Bauer or Graf that make skates is to stick with a general design already and just improve on it. I don't know what Mission thinks about this, but a lot of players want resale value and shops probably hate having to blow out stock b/c company x or y completely screwed around with their boots yet again. It's not like mission didn't have headroom on the materials front where the s series skates were concerned.

I own a pair and I like them. That is my only complaint, the heel is a little loose. I just put some diff insoles and will lace them up extra tight. They feel a lot like the Syndicate line IMO. For below $150, it's the best current deal on the market besides maybe the Tacks 892/992s, which are too stiff for a lot of people, including myself.

120AGVIT_1689.jpg

Those look real nice.

I like the new line of Mission equipment.

For skates i may always be a Bauer guy, but these look nice.

I own a pair and I like them. That is my only complaint, the heel is a little loose. I just put some diff insoles and will lace them up extra tight. They feel a lot like the Syndicate line IMO. For below $150, it's the best current deal on the market besides maybe the Tacks 892/992s, which are too stiff for a lot of people, including myself.

cool, I'm definitely going to try them on. I don't need a really deep heel, so maybe they'll fit me well. Are the missions a pretty stiff skate? I've never worn Tacks though, but I need a fairly stiff skate so maybe I'll check those out. Thanks!