Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

a29358099

Show Your Mask

that is awesome, is it yours? if so, who did it? and where is their shop located.

thx~

it is my mask

I buy from Czech Republic a little shop...

mask's mark I think is EU hockey team

Here is the new paint job that's being done on my mask by Ron at Acme Art Co. (Coveted mask http://www.covetedmask.com/ron.html ) who has done an AWESOME job!!!! I will do a review once the mask is finished and I have it back......but I just got these pic's and wanted to share :D :D :D

new_pa19.jpg

Front

new_pa16.jpg

Left

new_pa17.jpg

Right

new_pa18.jpg

Back Plate

new_pa15.jpg

Just in case you are wondering, my beer league team is called the "Warthogs"

Here is the new paint job that's being done on my mask by Ron at Acme Art Co. (Coveted mask http://www.covetedmask.com/ron.html ) who has done an AWESOME job!!!! I will do a review once the mask is finished and I have it back......but I just got these pic's and wanted to share :D :D :D

new_pa19.jpg

Front

new_pa16.jpg

Left

new_pa17.jpg

Right

new_pa18.jpg

Back Plate

new_pa15.jpg

cool~

So got some more pictures from Ron today of the completed mask....Looks AWESOME!!!!!

Will still be a few days for the clear to be 100% hard then it will be on it's way to me

I will do the review then........but until then here are the pic's

mask_f10.jpg

mask_f11.jpg

mask_f12.jpg

mask_f13.jpg

Heres my mask, I've posted pics of it before but thought I would show it again I painted it myself so I'm pretty proud of it. It now has a non-certified gold cat cage

frontrs6.jpg

devilsideuo5.jpg

angelsidefo9.jpg

Heres my mask, I've posted pics of it before but thought I would show it again I painted it myself so I'm pretty proud of it. It now has a non-certified gold cat cage

*pic*

*pic*

*pic*

Thats pretty sweet, howd you paint it yourself?

*pic*

*pic*

*pic*

Thats pretty sweet, howd you paint it yourself?

thx ~ but not paint myself~

I can't paint~

Thanks, I am a custom painter, I paint mask, helmets motocycles, so it work out nice that I play goal as well, its all painted with house of kolor urethane paints and has about 6 coats of automotive clear on it

Well my newly painted Oile 7000 mask made it's way back to me on Thursday......I was soooooo pumped to get it back from Ron The masked looks even better in person then it does in all the pictures Ron had sent me along the way!!!!

Ok enough drooling, time for the review of the Acme Art Co. paint job. I think the easiest place to start is the paint job itself, what can I say Ron has crazy talent when it comes to mask painting. The finished product speaks for itself, and if you just spend a few minutes looking at his website in the gallery you know right away. The real question is what's it like from beginning to end, I'm mean it's great to get a nice paint job, but if you have to go to hell and back to get it well then it's not really worth it. No need to worry about visiting the dark lord when dealing with Ron as it was smooth sailing all the way!!!!

I started emailing with Ron on May 13, and the finished product was in my hands on July 31. I know to some of you this may seem like a long time, but I specifically told Ron in my first email that I was in no rush and didn't need my mask again until Sept. 1st.

So here is how the process went:

May 13 I sent Ron and email after see some of his work on GLBB, and the checking out his website. I really liked the way his art was larger than life with very sharp line work and bright colours. The first email was basically to see if Ron would paint masks other than his own, and if they had to be new or if a used mask was ok. Ron got back to me later that same day to let me know he would paint any mask that was sent to him. He also told me the price, and general lead time. The price is a flat fee (if you are interested you can PM me) I think the price is more than fair, in fact I'm pretty sure it was only about $75 more then I paid for my first paint job 10 years ago!! He told me his standard lead time was 2-3 weeks, but that he had been busy of late and it could be longer. I took this to mean 2-3 weeks per mask, and not to include time waiting for any masks ahead of my own in his production schedule.

Over the next week we send emails back and forth to finalize the details of shipping a mask from Calgary to Mississauga for the job to begin, as well as talking about some basic design ideas......at this point I have a few ideas of what I want but nothing for sure. So on May 20 I put my mask in the mail to make it's way to Ron (FYI when sending a mask to Ron for painting you split the S&H cost - you pay the shipping to him, and the cost of shipping back is included in the final price of he paint job. He also told me that if you are local and can pick-up and drop off your mask to him the cost fo return shipping will be taken out of his flat fee).

I got an email from Ron the day after he received my mask to let me know he had got it, and to thank me to taking it apart before shipping it......I don't think this is needed, I just had fun taking it apart I think this was the end of May, the 27th I think. He let me know that he was finishing up another mask and should get started on mine in early June. I let him know not worry as I was in no rush, and started bouncing a few more design ideas off him. What I basically did was send Ron pictures of my old mask, and some other masks I liked off his website and other sites, my pads and gloves, and my team jerseys to give him an idea of what the rest of my gear looked like, and my taste in paint jobs. Ron got back to me a few days later with a few ideas of his own that he came up with all the ideas and pictures I had sent him. This created a problem, a good problem but still a problem.....I liked all Ron's idea's but only had one mask . I got an email from Ron on June 6th asking me to confirm my final design idea, and to confirm what base colour I would like as well as any writing wanted on the mask. So it took me another day to finally decide all the details (after seeing the final product I think I made the right choice ).

June 9th I get my first update pictures from Ron, as he had started the work of stripping my mask to get it ready for paint.....of course these are not the exciting pictures of the paint job process but a necessary evil. A few weeks go by and I get a email from Ron letting me now that he had put my mask aside to work on a rush job he had got in that needed to be done by July 4th so it could ship on July 8th. Once again I let Ron know I was in no rush and that I still had over 2 months before I needed my mask so go ahead and work on the rush job.

July 9th (a day after the rush job shipped) I get an email from Ron telling me that he has begun the design process by sketching out the design on my mask. He asks me to clarify a few details, and said he hopes to be back to me in a day or two with some design sketch pictures of the layout for my approval. Well days were not needed as I got the design pictures a few hours later.....and all I can say was I was floored, so as fast as my fat little finger could type I let Ron know that the layout and design look great and to continue forward! A few days later (July 12) I got more pictures from Ron with most of the art work done......looked even BETTER with some colour added to the design. At this point Ron told me that there was still some final touches needed, then the clear coat and reassembly of the mask. I should mention that I had been trying to pay Ron since I sent him the mask, but he kept telling me no, that he could not take my money until the job was done. He also made the payment very easy as he takes Pay Pal, as well as email money transfers which are super easy!

On July 23 I get the final pictures of the mask from Ron, with all the paint done and the mask reassemble and the clear coat applied. He lets me know there will be a few more days of waiting to make sure the clear coat is dry before he ships the mask 1st thing the following week. It was only at this point the Ron asked for payment, which a gladly sent ASAP

On July 31 my mask was back from it's trip and looked awesome!!!! I can't say enough about the detail of Ron's work. He carries the paint into the triangular vent holes and around the edge of the mask......so the paint job does not just end at the edge of the mask. He also gave the inside of the mask a fresh coat of paint before he put the foam all back in. While replacing the foam he noticed that my sweatband had gone MIA......lost it about 15 games into last season so he gave me a new, just a small detail but very much appreciated!

Overall Ron was a great guy to work with, and I would recommend him to anyone would wants their mask painted!

Thanks again Ron for the awesome job!!!!

For more info on Ron check out his website

www.covetedmask.com

Now more pictures!!!

mask_f14.jpg

mask_f15.jpg

mask_f16.jpg

mask_f17.jpg

Well Ron (CovetedMask/Acme Art Co) has done it again, and has sent me a couple of teaser pics of my new mask and paint job. I will do a full review on both when I get the mask in a week or so. But I just had to share the pictures now :D

carls_12.jpg

carls_13.jpg

Nice..How much for the Mage to get done? I have a friend that just got one, and was thinking about getting his done.

Thanks, I am a custom painter, I paint mask, helmets motocycles, so it work out nice that I play goal as well, its all painted with house of kolor urethane paints and has about 6 coats of automotive clear on it

That is a very nice design and the detail very good. Nice Job! I especially like how the 5-hole on the one woman is one of the vents. :-)

Nice..How much for the Mage to get done? I have a friend that just got one, and was thinking about getting his done.

This is not a Mage, is a CovetedMask "Z" Combo. It's a new line of mask (to be similar to the MageRS) that CovetedMask makes. It's not up on his website yet, but you can find more info about it in the CovetedMask Thread on the GLBB (http://www.goalielife.com/showthread.php?t=520)

Ron has his price guide lines posted on his website (http://www.covetedmask.com/coveted_mask.html) they range from about $300 - $500 CDN including tax and shipping back (you pay shipping to him). Mt design was considered a my "simple" one so the price was closer to the $300 mark (you can PM for exact cost if you want).

Is that the new padding Sportmask puts out? My old Mage had all black foam. How do you like it?

The mask is not a Mage, it's a CovetedMask Z Combo (see post above to link for more info). I have not got the mask yet, it's still in the mail......