Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

"Comic Book" Movies: Info & Rumors

Has anyone else seen The Avengers "trailer," or whatever you want to call it, after the credits in Captain America? I saw yesterday while at work and I have to say, Inwas not impressed. Just a lot of random jumping around in it. I get the concept of a teaser, but I think they did a really poor job on this one.

If you saw it online it was shortened from what was shown in the theater. After seeing it I'm really looking forward to the movie next year.

Has anyone else seen The Avengers "trailer," or whatever you want to call it, after the credits in Captain America? I saw yesterday while at work and I have to say, Inwas not impressed. Just a lot of random jumping around in it. I get the concept of a teaser, but I think they did a really poor job on this one.

I had the opposite effect. So totally amped up for Avengers!

I had the opposite effect. So totally amped up for Avengers!

I am pumped for the movie as well, I just don't think the trailer was that good. Haha. I guess maybe I was expecting some action or something but it just showed us who would be in the movie, which you would have know if you watched Thor, Iron Man, etc...

I am pumped for the movie as well, I just don't think the trailer was that good. Haha. I guess maybe I was expecting some action or something but it just showed us who would be in the movie, which you would have know if you watched Thor, Iron Man, etc...

I think it was more of a teaser trailer than anything else. if my memory serves me right, they left out ONE prominent character in the trailer.

Really, Really, REALLY enjoyed Cowboys And Aliens. I think Jon Favreau is turning into a great director for the mainstream action genre. I thought they did a great job of tying in classic elements from all Westerns: the unknown stranger, the ruthless rancher, and others that I won't give away. And I thought they did a good job of making the science plausible with one exception, which I discussed in the Spoilers thread.

Bringing this back from the depths.

I was at Comic-Con this year and Marvel Studios announced Iron Man 3's launch date. The Mandarin will be the main villain this time around, played by Ben Kingsley. Happy Hogan is going to play a bigger part in this one as Jon Favreau isn't directing this one. 3 May 2013 is the drop date on this one.

They also announced the projects in the pipline afterwards:

"Thor: The Dark World"- The cast is mostly the same, with the exception of Zach Levi who will play Fandral. 13 October 2013.

"Captain America: The Winter Soldier"- Didn't say much about this, other than the title. 4 April 2013.

"Guardians of the Universe"- This one was a new one to me, as I didn't recognize any of the characters. No release date given.

"Ant-Man"- Also pretty vague, no release date set yet.

Lionsgate announced Dredd, a second Judge Dredd film.

I saw Cowboys and Aliens this past weekend and was actually really disappointed with it.

Loved the Avengers, the Hulk stole the show. Just a fun action/super hero flick. Not sure, in terms of Marvel's comic history, how the scene during the credits ties in to the Avengers as far as the character goes.

Enjoyed Amazing Spider-Man a lot. I really dig the new casting and tone. The way I look at it, it was like how the Batman movies started to get really campy and they rebooted it with new cast and tone in Begins. Obviously, Spider-Man's not as dark of a character, but the franchise took on a more serious tone.

If I remember correctly, Ant-Man was tied to Simon Peg in some way. I could be wrong, it's been years. I think he fits the persona just as well as RDJ fits Iron Man. I would love it if that is still the case.

Bucky (James Buchannan), Cap's sidekick lost in the train scene, becomes the Winter Soldier in the comics. Where they'll head with it, I'm not sure.

For Guardians of the Universe, if you want to, check out the Guardians of the Universe books. Marvel did a great job with their cosmic titles they had around 2006/7. Lots of fun giving Nova and a bunch of other cosmic characters new life.

If it's animated, I think Guardians will do well. I think Marvel's done well picking what they want so I'm excited for that and Ant-Man. I can't wait to see Rocket Raccoon.

I got to see Dredd earlier in the month and if you like the comic, you should be pleased. It's so violent and potrayed its world damn near perfectly. I don't know how well it'll do since most people will immediately think of that god-awful Stallone movie from the 90s.

I saw The Dark Knight rises last night. I thought it was very good.

I know it is the last movie if the series, but hard to believe there won't another movie someday.

I wasn't as blown away as I was with The Dark Knight, I remember walking out of the theater and already making plans to see it again the next night. Still a very good movie though. I think I would enjoy it more not in theater, I think I missed about half of Bane's lines, tough to understand a lot of what he said. Ran a little long for my taste at almost 3 hours, but there was enough going on that it didn't really drag. The ending really made up for any shortcomings in the rest of the movie though. Definitely summed up the series well but Nolan did include a MAJOR twist at the end to leave it open for another movie someday. I was skeptical of Hathaway as catwoman but she pulled it off well, and JGL was a great addition to the cast. Not sure if I'll see it again in theaters but I'll certainly buy it when it comes out.

Seeing Captain America tomorrow. Interested in Amazing Spider-Man 2. Not sure what to think about X-Men: DoFP. Loved the Guardians of the Galaxy comics, hoping the movie is on the same level.

So Captain America was phenomenal. Probably just as good, if not better than the Avengers. Great action, interesting plot, not predictable. Stay through the credits as there is a clip half-way and one at the end.

Going tonight at 8:30... Can't wait, some are saying best Marvel movie to date.

A whole bunch of movies coming out soon. What peaks your guys interest, which will be the best?

I'll definitely be checking out every Marvel movie this summer, especially excited about Guardians.

And good point, for every Marvel movie even from the other studios stay through the credits!

Not a movie but I'm curious what the comic heads think of the Gotham series coming this fall. Depending on who they target for their audience, I think it could be promising.

Not a movie but I'm curious what the comic heads think of the Gotham series coming this fall. Depending on who they target for their audience, I think it could be promising.

Hopefully it doesn't go askew like a few of the seasons of Smallville.

Anyone seen X-Men yet? Had part of the movie ruined for me on Facebook by an ad yesterday!

I'm sure it'll be solid, Marvel's hit the mark more often than not. I didn't read the Age of Ultron event, so I don't know much about it going into it. Civil War got me back in to comics and I knew they were going to head to that as soon as the merc who becomes Crossbones was introduced in Captain America: Winter Soldier. (He's the one that gets burned.) Plus, with the new deal with Sony, they'll be able to use Spider-Man in future Marvel films if they'd like.