Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason Harris

"Comic Book" Movies: Info & Rumors

This appeared on TrailerAddict.com, recently in regards to the Wolverine spin off....

We have officially confirmed with 20th Century Fox that the first trailer for Wolverine will hit theaters with the studio's The Day the Earth Stood Still on December 12. The trailer will be exclusively available in theaters and will not debut online or on TV until some time later. Be sure to check your local paper or online for theater listings!

A scene from Wolverine, the other 4 posted weren't anything spectacular, just a shot with another actor (the guy with the BAR in the foreground) and Wolverine in a lab tank Weapon-X/Alkali Lake style.

wolverinespoiler4-439x152.jpg

I'm guessing this is what the caption in mack's Gambit picture is referring to. And Gambit doesn't look suave or Cajun in that shot.

Did he have the trademark trench coat? I had seen the picture you posted and found myself disappointed, so I'm hoping this is early in the film, before Gambit settles on his uni.

wolverinenewpics2qe0.jpg

Man, it's almost like they're challenging us to accept their costumes. That's supposed to be Sabretooth, so he'd better grow his hair throughout the movie or I'm going to be mighty peeved!

He had it in the footage and Schrieber is a solid actor and at least acted like how Creed would have. I'm all for a guy acting more like the person than looking like him when it comes down to it. Hell, Jackman's got about 6-7" in height on the comic Wolvie.

Good point Mack, as I remember watching Swordfish and thinking before Xmen came out "Hugh Jackman is a leaf! No way he can pull off Wolverine" Obviously I was proven wrong on that account and on the same sentiment in regards to Will Smith playing Ali.

I saw it before Day The Earth... and it's better than the movie, which is saying nothing at all. Only decent part is the little Wolvie/Sabretooth exchange at the end.

RUMOR: Tim Robbins to play Howard Stark in a flashback sequence in IM2 to set up the Avengers movie. Also claiming that Hawkeye and Black Widow will have "more than cameo" roles.

Also, an article about Aaron Sims, who was one of the special effects designers for The Day The Earth Stood Still, and who is designing the Green Lantern uniforms. Towards the bottom, he discusses GL. I had thought GL was more of a rumor itself, but I noticed today that Greg Berlanti is listed to direct it, with a release date of 2010.

I don't think it's actually rumour anymore as Rourke's gone on to talk about it. Rockwell will be Justin Hammer and supposedly Whiplash will be in it.

New Watchmen trailer - I actually like this better than the previous two. Also, I read they may be inching closer to a settlement between Warners and Fox, which would allow the movie to open on time, although Warners would have to concede a lot of the profits to Fox.

Samuel L. Jackson says he may be out as Nick Fury. Towards the end of the article, it gives a perspective of the challenges Marvel will face bringing Team-Ups to the big screen. One of the bigger issues is how to afford all the name actors for the various roles.

Sam Raimi says he'd like to see Morbius in SM4.

Just as some actors don't won't be influenced by others who had previously done the role, I'm convinced that Zach Snyder decided he didn't want to be tainted by Alan Moore's work: Watchmen clip. Given how gritty the graphic novel was, I am positive that Alan Moore would absolutely HATE this movie.

Also, Emily Blunt is out as Black Widow for IM2, and Mickey Rourke might be as well, because of salary.

Just as some actors don't won't be influenced by others who had previously done the role, I'm convinced that Zach Snyder decided he didn't want to be tainted by Alan Moore's work: Watchmen clip. Given how gritty the graphic novel was, I am positive that Alan Moore would absolutely HATE this movie.

Also, Emily Blunt is out as Black Widow for IM2, and Mickey Rourke might be as well, because of salary.

Most gang fight scenes are a bit hokey but that is like straight out of the Batman TV series. It's just bad on so many levels. It's slow, terrible choreography and the smiles at the start and end are just so damn cheesy.

I realize that, Mack, but this particularly has little to do with his vision. He wrote about a gritty world, while this is all gloss. There's one moment in there, as the fight continues done the hall, that Malin Ackerman is standing alone with her back to the fight with her face down. Then she swings her head around to flip her hair in slow motion.

For this specific graphic novel, that is ridiculous.

And he shouldn't complain about that only because I don't think anyone could transfer his work to the screen and that's a credit to him. People that have seen this are raving about it, but I'm holding out. The newest full trailer has given me my "first chink in the armour" feeling about it and being hesitant.

Fables is currently being made into a pilot by ABC. It's been noted on a few sites; namely IMDB.

I share one fan's fear that allot of the character of the series comes from the animal Fables and how difficult that would be to reproduce in a TV series.