Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBert

2008 US Election Thread

I am curious what the late night hosts will do.

I've seen quotes that they don't know what to do, because he doesn't offer the same fodder that other politicians have. He's young, bright, lean and composed.

My guess is they may start to portray him as a robot for laughs,

Duh! " I've talked to all living Presidents" If that was Bush, it'd be all over SNL.

God, Putin wants in on this bad. He looks at Obama and sees a Welcome Mat...and I think if he re-assumes Kremlin, he's going to start taking liberties over there across The Pond.

So you don't think Obama will be able to successfully implement his diplomacy skills to assuage leaders like Putin and Ahmadinejad? I think they might be a little more resistant to his rhetoric than some. :)

Philosophers, the great time wasters.

Just because you dont understand them. Where do you get your energy from? And where does your soul flow, and your thoughts? And how do you know you know?

The freaking idiot actually named the kid after his hockey stick.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20245389,00.html

The baby's name is Tripp Easton Mitchell Johnston

So you're saying that naming my firstborn (firstname) Exenn (middle name) Tenn would be a poor choice?

*shudders* I don't even wanna think about kids at this point.

Well, given articles I've read over the past eight years have stated Gore would have won a recount in Florida -- and also suggested that he blew it by not asking for a full recount upfront, versus trying to piecemeal certain counties -- I think the answer is, no, there wouldn't be rioting in the streets if the parties were reversed.

I was thinking the same thing, I see no reason why there would be. I don't imagine Norm Coleman supporters in Minny to be the rioting type anyway.

I had been browsing the story more than reading it in depth, but I agree that the Coleman camp should be mighty peeved if you're correct about votes magically materializing.

Well I just saw Franken say this morning that he won't even attempt to be seated until everything is squared up, so even though that doesn't alleviate him of any alleged wrongdoing, he wants it fair and square. I think they'll get it sorted out alright, but of course a few from the losing camp will raise hell over it anyway.

I had been browsing the story more than reading it in depth, but I agree that the Coleman camp should be mighty peeved if you're correct about votes magically materializing.

There was a study done of all minnesota state elections over the past 10 years, and it showed an average change in vote of 1500 votes.

So the votes didn't necessarily materialize, this cycle that swing was just much more crucial than years past.

The "found" votes were from a single precinct, 1 precinct out of 4130 in Minnesota. There were 133 votes. Of those 133 votes, Franken got 46 votes.

Here is an article on the 10 year minny vote study (if you care)

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/w...ls_not_unusual/

And this is the story of the votes that "materialized". Incidentally, Colemans camp said 3 days after this inital vote story appeared on right wing blogs that it was inaccurate

http://www.twincities.com/politics/ci_11142337

I don't care one way or the other, but the sooner both sides stop trying to tar each other as the biggest bastards since Jesus was born, and try to do some actual work, the better

I don't care one way or the other, but the sooner both sides stop trying to tar each other as the biggest bastards since Jesus was born, and try to do some actual work, the better

Can we just go with this in general and not just for MN?