Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glovesave43

2008-09 Goalie Gear Sightings

the pads miller has are much better then what he had but id have to say MAF's arent that good. the premiere II's looked alot better on him.

And what exactly was your problem with Miller's old H10's?

the pads miller has are much better then what he had but id have to say MAF's arent that good. the premiere II's looked alot better on him.

i just didn't like the look of the bumps in them. with all the new pads out there why would you stick with and older type of pad?

interesting, GDI actually found someone to use their pads, and that lehtonen is still using a v2 glove

If Lehtonen was wearing GDI gear then that would be impressive. Still look like lame pads. And as I had mentioned before it's very rare that professional goalies use the "new" models. They stick to what they are comfortable in.

i just didn't like the look of the bumps in them. with all the new pads out there why would you stick with and older type of pad?

Frankly, because the 'older' pads do certain things better. It's absolutely impossible to torque a box pad like an RBK to seal the ice in a split or half-split; it's also way harder to throw pad stacks - like the one Toskala used to rob Crosby the other night, in fact. A box pad is conducive to a certain save-selection and style; a stuffed pad (which, by the way, would include the Velocity) works differently.

I'm sure the last thing in the world Toskala or any other serious goalie is concerned with his how his pads look. He'd only care about how they play, which is why he's using the old H10 design, upgraded with modern materials. I've got something similar in a Bauer Supreme pro-return (kind of a Koho 580 v1 copy, with angled shin-rolls), and it weighs about a pound less per pad than a stock RBK P2.

One thing I can say from direct experience: RBK will not let Toskala sell his pads through the Leafs' team sales. They don't want anyone putting them side-by-side with a Lefebvre design.