Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jds

Balsillie's Back

Kansas City has first dibs on the Islanders. They already have the arena. Isles played a pre-season game in KC last month.

yea they get a chance to demonstrate how excited they are about the NHL...and they barely fill half the arena.

Next season... the Petropavlovsk Coyotes!

hell yeah! i'd buy that jersey.

Hell, why not just merge the NHL/KHL?

If you think they wanted nothing to do with JB, I can't imagine what they feel about mobbed-up Russian billionaires.

Kansas City has first dibs on the Islanders. They already have the arena. Isles played a pre-season game in KC last month.

yea they get a chance to demonstrate how excited they are about the NHL...and they barely fill half the arena.

In all fairness, it was the Isles.

If you think they wanted nothing to do with JB, I can't imagine what they feel about mobbed-up Russian billionaires.

Bettman is a former NBA/Stern guy isn't he....? Didn't that League just let a Russian Billionaire in?

Bettman is a former NBA/Stern guy isn't he....? Didn't that League just let a Russian Billionaire in?

While Bettman has a lot of pull, the owners are the ones that decide. Given the way the KHL has openly violated international player transfer regulations, there is no way the two will merge. As for an individual owner, it is highly unlikely.

This just in. Judge Baum has denied both bids in Phoenix. More details to come.

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/644859

The 62 remaining Phoenix Coyote fans must be ecstatic.

As one of them (now relocated to Chicago) the coyotes did it to themselves.

Sorry if I'm coming into this late, but here is my take.

After the shared Suns arena in Phoenix was somehow deemed inappropriate :rolleyes: ... the ensuing display of corruption/greed/politics behind moving them to Glendale was impressively idiotic.

It's actually too bad the arena is in the middle of nowhere (it was about a 2 hour drive for me, and I was in the heart of the valley) because it, and the 'city' they built around it, was very impressive... but the logistics behind getting to a weekday game, then home, then to work the next night were staggering. Especially since it was no problem at the old, previously built, previously paid for, arena in downtown phoenix.

Oh well... It's no problem for me now, the last 54+ Blackhawks games have been sold out. Shocker how that happens when they stay in a major city...

well, being that basille was already taken out of the equation - i wouldn't say that this was a complete shocker - i wonder how gretzky will affect what happens from now

anyone else get the feeling that there are a bunch of butthurt ultra-nationalist Canadians pissed that hockey's expanding past their border?

What the hell is wrong with hockey in the desert?

PHX is off to a decent start this year. I hope they stay in Phoenix for a while.

thats one team i don't want to leave us, i like the team's logo, colours etc etc. hate for it to change if it did come to canada