Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

habsfan87

08-09 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Seriously, how bad is O'byrne this year? It's ridiculous. I don't know much about contracts and league rules; could they send him down to Hamilton for a couple of games to bring back his game and build a little confidence? He also sounds a little weak and fragile mentally when he admits to the media that he feels nervous, shaky and insecure on the ice. Common...

Seriously, how bad is O'byrne this year? It's ridiculous. I don't know much about contracts and league rules; could they send him down to Hamilton for a couple of games to bring back his game and build a little confidence? He also sounds a little weak and fragile mentally when he admits to the media that he feels nervous, shaky and insecure on the ice. Common...

Not sure what his waiver status is, but yeah...a few games in Hamilton (if they can) where he can dominate guys might be what he needs. Komisarek is not quite right either...

O'Burned can be sent down, but there aren't alot of NHL ready dmen in Hamilton, it is too bad Valentenko went home to Russia. Gainey needs to get a dmen especially if Komisarek is out for a while, and it looks like he will be.

The black guy, PK Subban i think, is he a long way from the big league? He looked good in pre-season from what i recall.

He's still in Jr. Will likely be in Hamilton next year. He COULD be in the NHL next year...but I doubt they'll panic and rush him, unless he has as off the charts preseason next year.

Kovalev should have gotten suspended, or at least fined, for his hit on Gagne.

Take off the homer glasses

Kovalev should have gotten suspended, or at least fined, for his hit on Gagne.

Everybody is saying it's an elbow, but you can't tell from that angle. Then again, Kovalev does have a questionable history; throwing elbows,

, so nothing he does would really surprise me.

Everybody is saying it's an elbow, but you can't tell from that angle. Then again, Kovalev does have a questionable history; throwing elbows, [...]

Kovalev is a very clean player but if you dare try something cheap on him, even if you miss, he will give you a taste of your own medicine.

...and that Gagne hit is pretty low on my dirty hit scale, i don't see how the league could sanction it.

The puck was long gone, Gagne's head was turned and Kovalev dropped him with a hit to the head. I guess that just strikes as something not legal, or at the worst a little dirty? I may be more concerned because I'm an admitted Flyers' fan and Gagne's dome is a bit fragile, but does it matter where Gagne's head is if it gets hit with an elbow? I'm asking that in a non-argumentative manner, and would have no complaint if it incidentally made contact, but Kovy appears to stick his elbow out as he nears Gagne. Gagne's face was cut and bruised yesterday against Atlanta from some contact to his head, and there's a fuzzy picture in the video description that could be seen as an elbow to the head. It's certainly not as egregious as some recent plays, but doesn't strike me as something that should occur regularly. The league reviewed it and had no action, but I'm not sure that aids either argument.

The puck was long gone, Gagne's head was turned and Kovalev dropped him with a hit to the head. I guess that just strikes as something not legal, or at the worst a little dirty? I may be more concerned because I'm an admitted Flyers' fan and Gagne's dome is a bit fragile, but does it matter where Gagne's head is if it gets hit with an elbow? I'm asking that in a non-argumentative manner, and would have no complaint if it incidentally made contact, but Kovy appears to stick his elbow out as he nears Gagne. Gagne's face was cut and bruised yesterday against Atlanta from some contact to his head, and there's a fuzzy picture in the video description that could be seen as an elbow to the head. It's certainly not as egregious as some recent plays, but doesn't strike me as something that should occur regularly. The league reviewed it and had no action, but I'm not sure that aids either argument.

I'm one of the most vocal critics of hits to the head that you're going to find, but there was nothing there to justify a penalty let alone a suspension. Kovy comes in and bumps him slightly, it's Gagne who is out of control and off balance. It even looks like Kovy pulled up a little on the "hit". Gagne is just being a crybaby on this one.

Even if it arose from a "crybaby", would a player-run committee on headshots really be such a terrible thing to see? I see what you mean about the pull up, I think that's what might have led to the head contact, Kovy straightened up which left his arm extended instead of his shoulder lowered.

Even if it arose from a "crybaby", would a player-run committee on headshots really be such a terrible thing to see? I see what you mean about the pull up, I think that's what might have led to the head contact, Kovy straightened up which left his arm extended instead of his shoulder lowered.

The NHL should just replace Colin Campbell with someone who cares more about the safety of players than allowing marginal players to take guys out. No need for a new group when they already have someone who is supposed to handle that situation.

what about choosing a former lady byng player as a replacement?

there are quite a few recent retirees to choose from;

ron francis

joe mullen

bret hull

pierre turgeon

joe sakic (future consideration :P)

what about choosing a former lady byng player as a replacement?

there are quite a few recent retirees to choose from;

ron francis

joe mullen

bret hull

pierre turgeon

joe sakic (future consideration :P )

Most of those guys have jobs with teams, not sure how many would want to work in the league office. It's an interesting idea none the less.

With headshots becoming more and more under the microscope lately, we are going to see alot of "grey area" hits being put under the category of dirty. I don't think it's the worst thing however, at least it's getting talked about more

With headshots becoming more and more under the microscope lately, we are going to see alot of "grey area" hits being put under the category of dirty. I don't think it's the worst thing however, at least it's getting talked about more

The hits were talked about last season too when there was a rash of head shots and that went nowhere.

Kovalev has great skills but he seems to have that "Don't you know who I am?" mentality on the ice. Not to mention, imagine what his career would have been like if he felt like playing more often.

dang, we should have started a poll to see who thinks Roy will cry or not tonight, I'm not 100% on this one but it's going to be crazy there thats for sure. Hopefully they can get back at the humiliation of the last game vs. Boston

dang, we should have started a poll to see who thinks Roy will cry or not tonight, I'm not 100% on this one but it's going to be crazy there thats for sure. Hopefully they can get back at the humiliation of the last game vs. Boston

I'll be out tonight...so I have my PVR set to tape RDS 6-7:30. CBC will probably show part of the ceremony...but, I expect them to show the Wendel Clark ceremony in Toronto to the National audience.

I doubt he'll cry...I'm interested to see how he talks about 'returning' to the Habs after the way he left. Because he played with Gainey, Muller and Carbo...I suspect the ties to team mates will have a lot to do with it.

Guest mattyhuron

I have to disagree Mr.RadioGaga. I would be betting on the fact that he will cry, if the habs fans are cheering, so he knows even that he was unliked, he is still loved, if that makes sence!

I have to disagree Mr.RadioGaga. I would be betting on the fact that he will cry, if the habs fans are cheering, so he knows even that he was unliked, he is still loved, if that makes sence!

Maybe...we'll see.

btw...the "Mr." is FAR too formal *L*

I'm hoping a "return" to the organization is in mind down the road, they have alot of character behind the bench already, but hopefully in some way he will. imagine if he was around last year for Carey.