Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncbrock

Poor Situation

Ok im in a bad situation here. Ok so this year i wasnt planning to play travel hockey as Im doing motocross on the side and wanted to get more into it. So this travel team i played for my first year i played travel calls up and says "we wont have enough players to play this season, and were wondering if you could help out". First i was kicking myself because i didnt want to play hockey and the coach is a good guy and everything and im really good friends with everyone on the team its just i moved on too quick from when i played with them the first year i played with them. So im like "ill help out the first tournament". Ok so the teams moving up from 12's. This will be me 2nd year playing 14's, so they are new to the whole thing.

So the practices arent what they need to be to get this team ready for 14's. I used to play for a gold division team in 14's and i would play for them this year if they still had a team. I dont think what the practice layout is what it should be. We have an hour and a half practice and i say about only 30 mins is actaully practicing postition, and the rest is skating\stopping\endurance nonsence.

So the first tournament rolls around. first game was ok, nobody was playing postion just throwing random passes, got me down because im used to playing with a higher level team that can actaully create offence chances. I scored the only goal in that game from CENTER LINE.... It feels like im playing rec out there. Nobody to pass to because they arent open and coaches are getting mad because i dont pass it and theres nobody open. The rest of the tournament was bad. lost every game

Now that you've read this I've been planning to try out for the state wars 94 team this summer and this team is hurting my performance. I was thinking maybe for the last 2 months i could practice with the charlotte 16u team to get better practice before state wars.

Anyone else been through this before?

not me...I stink so I would not be open to pass to...lol

sounds like if you really want to take your game to the next level you either need to move up or get someone to work with you one-on-one.

To play at higher level you would need to WANT to play, not offer to 'help the team out'.

If you want to focus on hockey and play a higher level (which you would need to do for State Wars) you would need to be commited to it.

your mind and attitude is not with this team to buy into their system. I would not recommend playing further if you have that attitude. It would only mentally take you away from the game as you like it and be non-productive to the team. If you are so good you can find another place to play. If there is no place, have a chat with the coach and let him know your goals and see how he can help.

Ok so this year i wasnt planning to play travel hockey...Now that you've read this I've been planning to try out for the state wars 94 team this summer and this team is hurting my performance.

Is the team hurting your performance more than not playing at all? It's kind of hard to follow your logic. If you want to play, then play. If you don't want to play, then don't play.

I play Ice in a div atm where I can say Im above avg in terms of skill. The issue is the next div up is a huge jump and Im just below the crop. Very frustrating to be stuck in the middle. :(

Ok im in a bad situation here. Ok so this year i wasnt planning to play travel hockey as Im doing motocross on the side and wanted to get more into it. So this travel team i played for my first year i played travel calls up and says "we wont have enough players to play this season, and were wondering if you could help out". First i was kicking myself because i didnt want to play hockey and the coach is a good guy and everything and im really good friends with everyone on the team its just i moved on too quick from when i played with them the first year i played with them. So im like "ill help out the first tournament". Ok so the teams moving up from 12's. This will be me 2nd year playing 14's, so they are new to the whole thing.

So the practices arent what they need to be to get this team ready for 14's. I used to play for a gold division team in 14's and i would play for them this year if they still had a team. I dont think what the practice layout is what it should be. We have an hour and a half practice and i say about only 30 mins is actaully practicing postition, and the rest is skating\stopping\endurance nonsence.

So the first tournament rolls around. first game was ok, nobody was playing postion just throwing random passes, got me down because im used to playing with a higher level team that can actaully create offence chances. I scored the only goal in that game from CENTER LINE.... It feels like im playing rec out there. Nobody to pass to because they arent open and coaches are getting mad because i dont pass it and theres nobody open. The rest of the tournament was bad. lost every game

Now that you've read this I've been planning to try out for the state wars 94 team this summer and this team is hurting my performance. I was thinking maybe for the last 2 months i could practice with the charlotte 16u team to get better practice before state wars.

Anyone else been through this before?

Are you really that good? Maybe you should look to pass it and make your teammates better

Hey Nick, who do you play for mate?

Prefer not to say, allot of stuff I have said over the past yr has been twisted and used against me locally. One of the many benefits of being in a closed knit sport AND coaching. ;)

Hey Nick, who do you play for mate?

Prefer not to say, allot of stuff I have said over the past yr has been twisted and used against me locally. One of the many benefits of being in a closed knit sport AND coaching. ;)

Im extremly sorry to hear that. MSH has done nothing for me but excellent things!

Ive met some people at tournaments and such over MSH, I've got a few extra friends over it.

Im extremly sorry to hear that. MSH has done nothing for me but excellent things!

Ive met some people at tournaments and such over MSH, I've got a few extra friends over it.

lol.. I mean't my local Ice community here in Melbourne. ;)

But I do agree, I have made some friends over MSH here in Aust that I play/talk to on quite a few occasions.

The ultimate goal of any competitive hockey player is to get to the next level... That being said, you have to do what it takes to better yourself. I've had to go through the conflict of staying home, playing highschool with my buddies versus moving away and playing juniors (the better level of hockey). Don't feel bad telling the coach that you appreciate the opportunity but better things have come your way.

Seems that your main focus is on Motocross? It doesn’t matter what practice you go to and how you practice if you don’t want to play then you’re not going to get better unless you want to practice and want to get better.

well, it WAS motocross, now im just out there on weekends. The reason i was gona switch to motocross is that the team i played for last year doesnt have a team this year because everyone just split to different teams because we had guys from all over playing with us. But im gona try and make the best of this team. We've played 2 tournaments and only won one game rofl. They are still stuck in 12u mode because they are 1st year 14's, im 2nd year. It seems like every other team is 1st year 14 too with a couple of 2nd year's. Its just not as intense\fast as last year.