Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

troy

Avery suspended

Man....this is getting nuts. Be sure to watch the clip on TSN of Turco talking about the situation....doesn't look like he's too happy about Avery being on the team.

Almost haha.

I think this is an almost perfect scenario, everyone gets to laugh at what Avery says, and he gets an indefinite suspension. It would have been perfect if they let him play tonight.

That's a fantastic quote.

Granted, a precedent for this sort of behavior can't be put on display, but I really wish they wouldn't try discourage Avery from his antics.

I'm going to beat Chadd to the punch here.... Players get suspended 3 games for head shots, but they immediately get suspended for calling their ex-girlfriend "sloppy seconds"? This is one of the main reasons why the NHL sucks. I had no plans of watching the Calgary/Dallas game before this, and Avery actually made me excited about it. Who doesn't want to see Dion smack down Sean? Too bad we can't see that now because the NHL is hypersensitive. The NHL cost themselves a lot of viewers tonight.

I would rather see other players shut Avery up with good fist to the face instead of this type of action. Avery is an asshole, someday he'll cross the wrong guy out there. It's a matter of time.

Ironically Tippett had defended him a short while before Avery unleashed that quote.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Calga...02/7610941.html

BOTH! How would you feel to have another guy call your significant other a "sloppy second"? It's vulgar and highly inappropriate of Avery to seek out the media and lay that out there. Then to wander off with a smirk and a "enjoy the game tonight" shows the utter lack of class of Avery.

Mike

I'm going to beat Chadd to the punch here.... Players get suspended 3 games for head shots, but they immediately get suspended for calling their ex-girlfriend "sloppy seconds"? This is one of the main reasons why the NHL sucks. I had no plans of watching the Calgary/Dallas game before this, and Avery actually made me excited about it. Who doesn't want to see Dion smack down Sean? Too bad we can't see that now because the NHL is hypersensitive. The NHL cost themselves a lot of viewers tonight.

They should have waited until tomorrow to suspend him and told the refs that there was to be no instigator if Phaneuf went after him.

That said, I completely agree with what you said and I honestly hadn't put that much thought into it so quickly. It is an excellent analysis though.

People may be forgetting that the other player he was referencing in his statement was the Kings' Jarret Stoll - he is engaged to Rachel Hunter, who Avery also dated a for while when he was in LA.

so is avery still considered a valuable asset on an nhl team? so far this year he seems to just be a detriment to all his teammates and be making headlines for the wrong reasons (moreso than last year). I guess getting a raise this year just meant the chirp show had to be elevated to the next level...

What a great quote to get another guy pissed. If I was playing against a guy who had been with my girl and he said "how's my sloppy seconds?" I would knock his head off.

Weak on the NHL to suspend, give the knob a fine. Him and Bettman are going to have a chat about sloppy seconds?

Dion would have gone after him for sure. (Dion reminds me of the pissed off catholic kid, Kyle, from Dead Man on Campus)

guarantee you it was in order to prevent a bertuzzi like incident. Guys will obviously react on emotion to this. I'm all for letting them stew over it and plot how to break a few ribs of his without getting caught

Ironically Tippett had defended him a short while before Avery unleashed that quote.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Calga...02/7610941.html

BOTH! How would you feel to have another guy call your significant other a "sloppy second"? It's vulgar and highly inappropriate of Avery to seek out the media and lay that out there. Then to wander off with a smirk and a "enjoy the game tonight" shows the utter lack of class of Avery.

Mike

What a great quote to get another guy pissed. If I was playing against a guy who had been with my girl and he said "how's my sloppy seconds?" I would knock his head off.

Avery crossed the PC line with his comments and that shouldn't wash in any walk of life. The manner which he did it is disgusting! Why is it a joke for the NHL to suspend Avery? You said yourself, you'd resort to violence. Do you think the NHL wants to have another violent episode occur on the ice? I sure don't. I think the NHL learned plenty from the old Moore/Bertuzzi incident. I applaud the NHL for suspending Avery.

Typical low class comment by Avery, I'm glad the league suspended him.

The fact that he goes and seeks the camera to say this stuff is ridiculous. It's not like this is the first time he's done something completely idiotic. Dallas should try and suspend him without pay, waive him, try to get his contract voided, something....and I bet they do too, Tom Hicks doesn't seem like the kind of person to put up with nonsense like this.