Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2009 Bauer Catalogue

What! That is actually really disappointing to hear, I've been more excited for that then any other piece of equipment this year. I'm gonna start calling around.

Edited by furlanitalia

Anyone handled the new One95 pants yet? If so what is your impression on them..

I thought the new collection will only become avilable as of April 10, and in stores as of April 15?

Who told you that?

I had sent an email to greatskate.com asking about the actual dates since the line is available on the site for pre-sale

the answer was "shipping on April 15"

why? Is this incorrect? If so could you please enlighten us?

Thanks!

Emailed the Hockey Shop and their comment on the x:60 jock was when it comes in it will be on the website. They didn't enlighten anymore on whether they had actually ordered it or not. Hoping they did, although if anyone finds one send me a pm.

IW now has all of the new vapor skates...

I didn't want to make another thread so...

I am going to try on some skates today so does anyone know if the fit of the X:30's will be like the fit of the Vapor XXII's?

I ask this because they will only have the XXII's at my LHS because i live in the UK but i would like to get the X:30's from the US.

As an example, will a 9.5EE in a Vapor XXII fit the same as a 9.5EE in the X:30s?

Thank you, and i hope this all makes sense.

Might have to head over to the hockeyshop just to look at these babies.

If you're in Vancouver, it might be easier to head over to CTS on Oak. They have them (although Surrey is beautiful this time of the year).

Edited by the iceman

Might have to head over to the hockeyshop just to look at these babies.

If you're in Vancouver, it might be easier to head over to CTS on Oak. They have them (although Surrey is beautiful this time of the year).

Lol, I'm in Coquitlam so my closest is CT on north road. Bill's is right by my work but they're pretty tiny. Be nice to have something in the Coquitlam area but the reputation built by CT, Scoffs, and the Hockey Shop is just too dominating. Sucks cause no where to sharpen skates. Hoping I can get a new X01 and start my own little garage shop lol.

Checked out the One95 stuff yesterday, Gloves, Elbows, Shins, Pants.

Thoroughly disliked the thumb-finger interaction like TBLfan has mentioned a few times with the gloves.

Changing the strapping from the One90 to the One95 elbows was a big mistake and very uncomfortable, pinched a lot.

Shins basically are exactly the same as One90s aside from different color and replaced the mesh covered Nike Air unit in the knee with a gel-like covered MaxSorb, which is still an open hole.

Pants seemed the same over all aside from the noted changes in the catalogue.

Since I usually don't wear shoulders and when I do its pro defenders with no caps I didn't look at the shoulders.

4-Rolls also look and feel really nice, would definitely be a choice if I was into more traditional gloves.

5100 helmet was nice, same size as my 9500 fit, didn't look at it long but seemed to fit deeper.

X:60 skates were awesome and I would definitely like to try them out, the dual liner and new insole seem like a great addition.

Edited by t1tan

One thing that I did notice about the 5100 was the temples - the screws tend to push the foam out there quite a bit, causing discomfort. I need to take one apart and take the earguards off and see if that improves anything.

I found it more narrow than the 9500, closer to the 4500 in width... So I had to go up to a Large in the 5100.

It looks like it would have pretty good airflow from the foam/vent design but I found it uncomfortable. :(

does the 5100 have that easton honeycomb thing working at the vents? i remember seeing something like that on a flyer

I got the chance to try on the One95 glove today and was really impressed. I've always been a looser fit glove person - currently wearing Pro Stock CCM ProTacks - but the fit on this, especially in the back of the hand was great. The only reason I didn't buy them was because of the sizing - the 14" (which is what I normally wear) was actually too small in the hand area, the 15" fit perfectly in the hand and fingers, but I didn't like how big the cuff was on them. Guess for the moment I'll stick with my 4-rolls.

We just got the 95 gloves as well so I'll comment as well, though my opinion might be entirely suspect because I dont like the 4 rolls...

The One95 gloves were a great fit for the most part on me, standard 14" worked just fine, I loved the finger sizing and feel, hugged the right places, flexed well, the only problem I had with them really is like the 4 rolls the thumb is angled in a little, and when I closed my hand around a stick or made a fist the material on my pointer finger caught the material covering my thumb somewhat and that just felt odd to me. Otherwise its a really really nice glove, if I wasn't so damn ga ga over the PPFs I'd have no choice but to consider them.

Has anyone seen the new Bauer Vapor Core long sleeve shirt? Is that the new version of the old mock turtlenecks they made? If not, they need to come out with those again, the three I have are looking pretty worn these days...

Anyone have any ideas what the warranty period is for protective equipment? I bought all the new one 95 protective and the seams holding the top strap of one of my elbow pads on have come lose.