Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2009 Easton Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...s&showcat=4

Sticks - No changes to the Stealth line, however, two lower-price-point sticks added in the SyNergy SE6 and SE2. SE16 shaft takes over for SE tapered shaft, with the Focus Weight Technology added to the shaft. The blade replaces SE, but same tech. P4 is Forsberg in catalogue but should be Zetterberg. P5 Lidstrom is now Getzlaf.

Skates - Stealth line has been completely redone, starting with S17 - which comes with a new white felt tongue, new liner, different toecap and abrasion guard, as well as a lighter Elite runner. S12 has some of these features but with a microfiber liner and a bit more glass in the composite. Synergy skate line is tweaked at the high end, with the new cap and abrasion guard. SE16 will only come in white.

Helmets - S17 and S9 are unchanged - S7 is the same shell, however, single-density VN.

Gloves - Stealth glove line has been tweaked - some of the same features that were on the S15, however, a stretch palm/gussets, and a Pittards palm and double-nash in the wear areas. The E-Pro glove is a scaled down Custom Pro glove designed to compete with the NBH 4-Roll. SyNergy gloves are unchanged.

Protective - The Motion girdle/pant combo has been tweaked a bit - beefier kidney/spine guard. The rest of the pants remain unchanged. The rest of the gear is unchanged, renamed from last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

I'm a big Easton fan (mainly their sticks and pro stock gear) but their retail protective line has never done anything for me. As far as I'm concerned, their pro stock pants / gloves are beautiful pieces of gear, very sharp looking. Their retail counterparts are just eyesores, although they seem to be coming around as the ST16/ST4 pant doesn't look too bad in the catalog.

I do like the colored ear loop sets (includes chin strap) for customizing the look of your easton helmet. Available in all the same colors the helmets are except for maroon. Nice little tweak for those looking to customize.

I really like those Motion pants. Never found something that fit as good as my Pro Tacks, but those look very interesting.

Regarding the E-pro gloves, is it possible to get a pair in the pro colors (MN for instance)? I wasn't sure what was meant by "available under special programs only".

Probably means team orders only. But what do I know...........

Don't get too excited about the E-Pro glove. It is really a dumbed down version of their pro glove. The "nylon shell" is very weak for covering the glove. I was disappointed when I saw the glove. At the same price point as Bauer(Spring 2009) Pro 4 rolls, the Bauer glove is a much better buy.

So basically the E-Pro is exactly the same Pro 4 roll glove I already have? (EDIT...just saw above post....too bad, my pro 4 roll eastons are f-ing great...but you know these will sell like hotcakes as they look just like the pro models)

Is there an ETA for the skates to be at LHS's?

Edited by eric42434224

I agree with Peter - was not impressed one bit by the E-Pro.

I'm not a dealer anymore, but my assumption is that the colorways in the E-Pro are MTO and prob have to be ordered at booking. Now, keep in mind that the custom glove will still be available, min 6.

Oh, scan-wise...thought you were dogging my review.

I guess my scanner doesn't like the S11. Didn't realize I missed that page again.

yeah the stores here don't like it either, i first saw it 3 days ago

May I know when will the SE16 shaft be available?

I'm planning to buy the synergy elite, but if SE16 will come out soon, I may wait.

Thanks!!!

Don't get too excited about the E-Pro glove. It is really a dumbed down version of their pro glove. The "nylon shell" is very weak for covering the glove. I was disappointed when I saw the glove. At the same price point as Bauer(Spring 2009) Pro 4 rolls, the Bauer glove is a much better buy.

I just bought a pair of what I hope was the nylon prostock easton glove at my a hockey shop that repaired my skates for about 149.00. How do I know I didn't just buy the E-Pro glove. There were no tags on the gloves, they were just in an empty bag. They were black nylon, clarino palms, plastic inserts. Is there a way you can quickly tell

E-Pro won't be in stores til the spring anyway.

Notice the E-Pro retail is the glove with the 4 rolls and the skinny cuff roll. I believe all custom gloves coming out of Canada now will have the E-Pro tag on it, but will come in all styles, including the SyNergy 800 style and whatever variation of Z-Air.

Sign in to follow this