Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

Someone with a huge Lefty Toe curve is Tyutin. It's like a big Sakic with a sort of shaved down bottom part of the toe. Thing is massive. Colton Orr could toe drag with that thing.

Does anyone use a toe curve on a short blade? I'm looking for a something about the length of a forsberg or a heatley (the old one, not the new one), except that theres a little bit of a sharp toe to it. Any ideas on this. I can pick up some inno Fedorov's for cheap and put a little on them, but if I can find one manufactured that way it would probably be better.

Edit: just saw cemetary's PM9 and thats pretty much what I'm hoping to find, any chance of that?

Does anyone use a toe curve on a short blade? I'm looking for a something about the length of a forsberg or a heatley (the old one, not the new one), except that theres a little bit of a sharp toe to it. Any ideas on this. I can pick up some inno Fedorov's for cheap and put a little on them, but if I can find one manufactured that way it would probably be better.

Edit: just saw cemetary's PM9 and thats pretty much what I'm hoping to find, any chance of that?

RH? Rafalski.

That actually looks a lot like my one85 p106. A few of the other p106's I have seen are not the same though.

Kynetyk Hockey is having pre orders april 5th for their Ovechkin curve They will have left/right because they mirror the curve!!

Didn't see any info on their website about this do you have anymore details?

Put my Christian blade into my Harrow shaft to try out the big toe again. Scored a nice goal in OT last night, shot the puck high glove and it actually dipped down in the air. Forgot how fun a big toe curve is.

This was a #1 (Forsberg) that was practically straight that I heated up and curved in a vice. Second from the right:

IMG_0482.jpg

Yeah I bent that one a little too :lol:

I was actually a little worried when I broke my backup stick about getting called as the second-from-right has got to be at least 1".

Hemsky-but his pattern is quite short.

That actually looks a lot like my one85 p106. A few of the other p106's I have seen are not the same though.

Funny you should mention that. I saw the same thing from the Pattern DB and wanted to try it, called my LHS and was told "Uh, I think 106 is a flex, not a curve." Said thanks anyway and hung up, none of the other shops have it that I've called and I'm hesitant to custom order before I see it in person.

*pic

So how do I measure a curve? I know that this is way illegal but just for future reference. Thanks in advance.

(this is my first blade I have ever curved on my own)

Haha. Wow...I'm crackin up.

Funny you should mention that. I saw the same thing from the Pattern DB and wanted to try it, called my LHS and was told "Uh, I think 106 is a flex, not a curve." Said thanks anyway and hung up, none of the other shops have it that I've called and I'm hesitant to custom order before I see it in person.

It is strange, because I have seen a few more p106 x:60 sticks and they do not look the same. I would have bought them if they were the same! I love the curve!

What companies make custom pattern blades? Just got a reply from Harrow this morning..... ~$50\blade, 6 blade minimum for WOOD BLADES... :(

Anyone know where I can find RH wooden Iginla pattern standard blades cheap? I'll make them myself.....

I'm surprised retailers don't release a toe curve. Marketing wise they are always talked about during games, lots of the good shooters in the NHL use them, and there is nothing out right now that can be considered a true toe curve.

Getting Pro-Return sticks can be a PITA sometimes and more often than not you fall in love with a pattern and are never able to find it again.

Companies don't make them because they didn't sell. During their heyday in being available, I hardly ever saw anyone using a P10 or Shanny curve anywhere. They're a niche item and I don't see them selling any better now than they did back then.

I do not think they would sell very well at the mass retail level. I would still love to see some replacement blades made in limited quantities though, or have the bauer id program have a good toe curve listed, no idea why they couldn't.