Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HHR23

BIG toe curve

Nice Ovi malcb33, looks alot different then some of the other ones i have seen. Maybe its just the angle but it doesn't look like it has much of a loft at all.

Just a little?

Well maybe an 1/8th of an inch.

Ovechkin sticks definitely does not look like a heel wedge to me. His are more like mid toe. Kovy is all toe.

Maybe not in the version shown above, but on the One95 I posted a couple days ago it's definitely a mid-heel.

Probably just the angle. If I took a picture now of any of my Kovalchuks I can make them look like a heel with a toe hook or a pure toe just by changing the angle I take the picture.

Yeah, that angle does make the Ovie look less open, but the curve of the blade is pretty much what it looks like. My version anyway, obviously there's a few floating around.

Probably just the angle. If I took a picture now of any of my Kovalchuks I can make them look like a heel with a toe hook or a pure toe just by changing the angle I take the picture.

I don't know if that's a CCM or what, but the NBH ones I have are just insane Sakics. I just wish they came in a stiffer flex because I'd scoop up more.

Can any of these sticks be found on Ebay? The only pro-stock RH sticks that I seem to find on ebay are: Whitney, Larose and Williams sticks which have been floating around for months. Along with repaired sticks and wierd Sherwood "Prostocks."

Can any of these sticks be found on Ebay? The only pro-stock RH sticks that I seem to find on ebay are: Whitney, Larose and Williams sticks which have been floating around for months. Along with repaired sticks and wierd Sherwood "Prostocks."

They appear once in a while but are usually snapped up fairly quickly.

Where can I make custom kynetyk Sticks?

Good luck, I've been trying to contact them for a few weeks now regarded a decent sized order. Still haven't heard anything back from them :(

Bauer XXX Kovalchuk Pro, little bit more toe when I compared it to Dolo Kovy Pros.

I think that is correct.

I had a XX Kovalchuk pro, and I still have a Dolo Kovy pro and the XX Kovalchuk does have a little bit of a bigger toe. I wish I could get my hands on a XXX Kovalchuk pro or even another XX one. :(

tovy002.jpg

Here's my current collection of sticks, all toes. L-R it goes Bauer P10, Kovalchuk pro, Warrior Smyth, Samsonov pro, Bauer P14. Nothing that hasn't been seen on here before, wouldn't mind adding an Ovie to the mix soon as well as hopefully scoring a Doughty as he has a sweet toe hook on his sticks.

Went to Pepsi Center today and checked out all the pro stocks, Had alot of lefty's only righty was foote and he uses a lidstrom/getzlaf clone. Did take a picture of Paul Stastny's toe curve...125$ for a woodie, sitting on a stick rack next to a Bauer X:60 for 75$....prices where a little askew.

PaulStastnyToecurve.jpg

Went to Pepsi Center today and checked out all the pro stocks, Had alot of lefty's only righty was foote and he uses a lidstrom/getzlaf clone. Did take a picture of Paul Stastny's toe curve...125$ for a woodie, sitting on a stick rack next to a Bauer X:60 for 75$....prices where a little askew.

PaulStastnyToecurve.jpg

i have a kovy that looks almost like that but RH obviously. Maybe in a few years we'll start seeing more toes since the list of pros using them seem to be growing (imo). Isn't this what happened with easton finally bringing out the drury (YP) pattern?

if you need a big toe curve you can just heat up your blade and curve it. By doing this:

1. Put the heat on and put your blade 8 inches from the flame and keep turning until you feel the blade is hot.

2. Take a wet cold napkin

3. put a shoe on.

4. then take the blade away from the flame set it on the floor and curve slightly

5. repeat the process until you get the blade to the curve you like.

ive done this with both wooden and compostie blades. composite just takes more time because you want to be carefull not too break it

TSR just got a new batch of Ovi Sticks in for a small fortune. Call them or they are up on ebay.