Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taki27

Superfeet or Shock Doctors?

Superfeet all the way. I have 2 pairs, just so i can swap them in and out and let the other pair dry (i got barefoot and hate it when there's a huge swamp under my foot). I had problems when i had the new rbk 9k's with depth, but since i got my one95's things have been great. I was on the ice a bunch of times last weekend and both insoles were soaked so i put the stock ones in and my feet were hurting pretty bad.

Both are nice insoles, but accomplish different things. I have relatively flat feet and noticed that I pronate a little. Superfeet yellow have a higher arch and helped me not to pronate. Best purpose they serve.

Shock Doctors do not have as high an arch but have pillows in some areas. They feel really good when skating but for me did not solve the pronation issue.

Will getting superfeet affect the height of your ankle in the skate? i'm just worried that getting some would cause the ankle pad moulding to no longer fit.

I got the SOLE Slim Sport inserts today, baked them, and played with them this evening. They work much better for my feet than the Superfeet.

Will getting superfeet affect the height of your ankle in the skate? i'm just worried that getting some would cause the ankle pad moulding to no longer fit.

For what it's worth, the stock insole of my 5K is 4.3mm thick at the heel, the superfeet is 5mm, and the SOLE is 4.3mm. Keep in mind that the stock insole is not as rigid as the Superfeet or the SOLE so it probably compresses very slightly.

I had good luck with Super Feet when I was skating on RBK 7k's. I tried Shock Docter insoles with my Supreme 70s and hated them. I wouldn't mind trying another set of super feet with the Supreme 70s but they rarely give me any foot pain (only if I tighten them too tight in the middle) so I haven't bothered..

I bought my superfeet at a local shop, I want to say they were 35-40 bucks.

Any place to get superfeet a bit cheaper?

I get mine from Zappos.

am I missing something?! $45 bucks?!

I though he asked cheaper - not more expensive? ;) The insoles are $39.95 through superfeet, and even cheaper at Feet Relief for $31.46:

http://www.feetrelief.com/feetrelief/superfeet_yellow.htm

I know, I know. I wasn't sure how much superfeet charges for shipping. With Zappos, you get free shipping both ways. I guess to me, that's worth the extra $5, since I occasionally order a couple of sizes and return the ones that don't work.