Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
JR Boucicaut

2009 Eagle Catalogue

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...s&showcat=9

Gloves - The new model for 2009 is the P88, which is essentially a mashup of Eagle and a certain Vaughn glove of old. Wide fit as well as a 4-piece finger side guard, it comes with a nash palm with MSH2 overlay.

Pants - The X88 comes with a 400D outer with leg zippers, with a wicking internal liner. Domestic pant available to US dealers, something you don't see anymore. The girdle is essentially the old Conquest girdle - should do well for those who want that traditional lace-up girdle which is so hard to find nowadays.

Everything else carries over from last year...however some of the glove prices did go down and some are reporting it isn't feeling the same as last year's glove. We'll see.

It says the X72's this year are using a Nash palm instead of MSH2 with an MSH1 overlay. Cost cutting measure, or are they trying to lower the price on the X72's to compete with other companies??

Those aren't really very different options are they? Either way it isn't good.

Not sure if I missed it in any other thread or even if there has been discussion about it..but like JR was saying about lace up girdles, how come the evolution in pants are going away from the lace up front? Do any other mfrs still offer a Lace Up Pant outside of Customs?

Side question, on the Shells in the catalog, or those strictly Player shells, or are they interchangeable with Goalie pants, or do/can they make a goalie shell?

It says the X72's this year are using a Nash palm instead of MSH2 with an MSH1 overlay. Cost cutting measure, or are they trying to lower the price on the X72's to compete with other companies??

Those aren't really very different options are they? Either way it isn't good.

Well I meant is it a voluntary move to bring the X72 down in price to try and sell more, or a cost cutting move because of the economy or something? But no, not very good. Although I'd assume you can still get the MSH palm via custom, bummer it won't be available retail. I'll be interested to see what the new retail price is.

Not sure if I missed it in any other thread or even if there has been discussion about it..but like JR was saying about lace up girdles, how come the evolution in pants are going away from the lace up front? Do any other mfrs still offer a Lace Up Pant outside of Customs?

Some of the Mission pants are lace-up front, some of the NBH Vapor pants, I think the Warriors, and then the older CCM Tacks.

Correct me if I am wrong here, but Canadian Tackla's were made by Vaughn, Vaughn purchased Eagle and now makes Eagle pants. Does this mean the end for Tackla pants? Are the new Eagle pants similar to the previous Tackla models?

Correct me if I am wrong here, but Canadian Tackla's were made by Vaughn, Vaughn purchased Eagle and now makes Eagle pants. Does this mean the end for Tackla pants? Are the new Eagle pants similar to the previous Tackla models?

Vaughn only has the right to sell tackla pants in Canada, Montreal sells tackla in the US.

Any rough idea on what the MSRP on the pants will be yet?

no idea as I haven't seen a price list, but compared to other brands/models they should retail for around $99

I KNOW

If I *knew* how to fix it, we wouldn't be having this issue. But I don't.

I sincerely have no intention to promote my site that is in Ukraine through a North American forum, but if this is going to be helpful to anyone, the catalogue could be seen here

I looked through the catalogue and it looks like the X5, X6, etc. are the only gloves without angled backrolls. Is the "Custom Pro" model still going to be available if I go custom? I'm in the market for something higher end with straight backrolls.

Nvm, I called my LHS a few days ago. They said pretty much any model Eagle has made in the past will be available.

Edited by mickz

Sign in to follow this