Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nr1416

CCM V08 helmet & Oakley visor, which spacers to use?

I have a medium CCM V08 helmet and a Oakley straight small visor the instructions don't tell me what spacers I should use.

Can anyone with this set-up tell me what works best.

Thanks for the help!

I have a medium CCM V08 helmet and a Oakley straight small visor the instructions don't tell me what spacers I should use.

Thanks for the help!

The best spacers to use are the ones that make it comfortable and pleasing to you. *shrug*

I put my oakley directly on a Bauer 5500 Medium without the spacers, I had to bend the visor in a little to do so but it didnt crack then and it's still not cracked or showing any signs of stress 3.5 years later now. Honestly I dont even think mine came with spacers when I bought it now that I think about it.

Thanks for the help!

The best spacers to use are the ones that make it comfortable and pleasing to you. *shrug*

I put my oakley directly on a Bauer 5500 Medium without the spacers, I had to bend the visor in a little to do so but it didnt crack then and it's still not cracked or showing any signs of stress 3.5 years later now. Honestly I dont even think mine came with spacers when I bought it now that I think about it.

Very true... experiment with the spacers to see which one fits better and makes you happy. Just remember they're directional and right/left, make sure you put them on in the proper orientation (I learned this the hard way). I used the larger spacers on my small V08 helmet w/ pro midified aviator... I could've used the smaller ones but it seemed to fit better w/ the larger ones.

As far as attaching it directly to the helmet... I did that w/ my old Bauer 4400, I don't think they had spacers back then so it was the only option. I had to squeeze it a bit but it was fine... the only side effect was that the temple guards of the helmet got pulled outwards away from the head a short time later (many NHL'ers w/ visors have this same condition), it never bothered me but it's something to think about

Thanks for the help!

I had (took the visor off now) the exact same set up. V10 with the exact same visor. I used the small spacers - perfect fit.

Thanks guys for the help.

Right now I am using the small spacers as well. I never tried on the bigger ones so I'm not sure whats a better fit. I was worried with the smaller ones I might be bending the visor in a bit and it would distort the vision because the visor would be flexing a tiny bit.

I'm using the circular Itech spacers for my V08/Pro Straight setup. I find they fit the natural contour of the visor a little better than the stock Oakley spacers.

I'm using the circular Itech spacers for my V08/Pro Straight setup. I find they fit the natural contour of the visor a little better than the stock Oakley spacers.

same here, those Itechs are my favorite.

i have this same setup med v08 helmet with pro straight and i used the larger spacers i found they worked a whole lot better.

As far as attaching it directly to the helmet... I did that w/ my old Bauer 4400, I don't think they had spacers back then so it was the only option. I had to squeeze it a bit but it was fine...

HA. I didn't think I was imagining that I "just didn't use them" I might see if there is a loose spacer set just hanging around the shop for when I use that helmet.

i have this same setup med v08 helmet with pro straight and i used the larger spacers i found they worked a whole lot better.

I uses the same set up. Works well.

Its been a longtime, just was wondering without really looking at the spacers how do you know which one is which with regards to left or right?

Sorry for the ignorant questions!