Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

Awesome, thank you so much for your help. Here's the order form:

Screenshot2013-08-03at70431PM_zpsdcc278f

Is there anything you would recommend against? Any changes you think should be made? Specifically, would the APX 2 liner or the Gripliner be a better option to keep my heel locked in, yet avoiding any wear?

Again, thank you so much JR

Edit: I should probably add a little more info about my feet. I'm used to custom Graf G:5's, which would have a forward pitch due to being a Graf skate. The skate was a 8.5 with a size 12 toe cap; obviously I have feet too wide for my own good. These skates barely lasted me two seasons, just with materials deteriorating and falling apart, which is why I'm opting for the reinforcement and APX 2 liner, which I'm hoping will have a longer life.

Edited by ParkerKeeland

Might be a little off topic but I was wondering what the heel sizes in the regular (non custom) vapor skates are like. Is the heel also wider if you go from D to EE like D-AA and EE-A or is the heel the same on both widths?

A is standard

AA is narrower

B is wide

Vapor skates are a true last, so a retail D is a true D.

Retail Vapor is DA and EEB

Retail Supreme D is E/A and EE is EEE/B

Retail Nexus D is EE/A and EE is EEEE/B

• Like 1

What do these options mean?

Outsole/Standard •Full Carbon Composite perforated outsole •752 TPR White

Are there any options that are not written on the Bauer options listed on the first page of this thread?

Here's what I don't get...

So you guys are getting the form and getting fitted, but are asking to translate the form.

Shouldn't the fitter be doing that? And even worse, if the fitter doesn't know...are you sure you want to get fitted by them?

I guess at the end of the day, it's just customized skates - not custom skates. I always rejected those because they were a waste of my time.

• Like 2

Im going straight through Bauer. I've been getting them done my entire pro career. I have a ticket number. I'm curious to know what that is?

I get yellow liner, however if there's a better grip liner I will ask for it.

Really? Instead of answering my question you want to sit here and waste my time with useless banter. I'm not going to sit here and type out the entire situation. Don't have an answer? Don't respond

With the knowledge on here I assumed it was a pretty straight forward question for a hockey equipment forum.

Edited by Newbie1819

Jr, I wasn't asking for a fitting, I'm just asking if with the nexus V hybrid, that a d width is the same as the vapor d. I ask bc a saw a pair on eBay last night and it got me curious. I know you've done comparisons before. I just want to know if the hybrid d will be the same size as vapor d, or if it would have to be a b or c width to be close.

The problem is time. I have training camp. It's either I order what I know or go with a stock skate. I'd prefer to know about alternate liner and what that other feature is. That's all simple questions

So here's my story with custom Bauer's

I broke my ankle back in 08 and by the time i was healed etc(4 surgeries lots of rehab and complications) i was back on the ice in january 10. My old skates made my left foot go numb and never felt right. Went to my usual proshop and the guys who run it said flat out i need custom skates now due to how large my bad foot/ankle had become after all the damage etc.

We took measurements and 2 months later Bauer came back and said that they didn't believe the measurements and sent a rep to measure and confirm. Fast forward to April and I finally got my skates. Here's what I ordered:

Flexlite 4.0 Pro, increased stiffness to 4(factory is a 2), added material to the eyelet area, supreme felt tongues, black clarino liner, left skate: 10EEEEB Right Skate 10EEB. A foot tracing was done plus measurements at all other places. In the end I also needed 1/8" spacers on the inside of my left helder due to permanent pronation after surgery (I couldn't feel my inside left edges otherwise)

Fast forward 3 years, my skates have broken down beyond repair (the boot is pushing out from the footbed and outsole. I used some high strength epoxy (3M DP420) and repaired the skates but I know they won't last.

Now here is where things get interesting, the number of my skate has worn down etc and I was only able to make out 3 of the 5 numbers clearly. After attempting to get multiple proshops to help(2 big name chain stores) i was stuck and finally got Ice Line in West Chester, PA to help out. They put me in contact with the local rep and finally got my new skates on order after a disaster of trying to get anywhere with anyone. (side note: i moved from north jersey to PA so I was unable to go back to the old proshop i got fitted at, Pre-Game in Westwood NJ, now the proshop at Sport-O-Rama)

The Bauer rep came down to Ice Line and he was able to get the old order sheet after some digging(Huge thanks there!!) So i suggest anyone who goes the custom route, Save your order sheet and number as I was never told to do this!

I put on order the following: Nexus 1000, APX2 3-piece felt tongue, LS2 holders with LS3 steel, increased stiffness from a 2 to a 3 (these skates are MUCH stiffer than the Flexlites were so going to a 4 would have been overkill) We also added material again and went with the black clarino liner.

I'm excited to see how these look and feel once I get them in next month. Either way, I highly suggest talking to the guys at Ice Line if you're in south east pa or hit up the guys at pregame if you're in NY. Also can't go wrong with Ice House in NJ as we know how good DarkStar is and was my next resort if I couldn't get this taken care of locally down here.

At the risk of taking this thread in a completely different direction..............

Can you order a custom skate to match a prior custom skate????

Heres the situation: I have a narrow foot and a high arch, my shoe size is 11C (some times a 11B). About 17 years ago I purchased a new pair of custom made skates from a player who was playing for St. Lawrence (Div 1). Obviously the Vapor 10's are worn out but they are by far the best fitting skate I have EVER owned!! On the inside of the skate under to foot liner in both skates is a 5 digit number which I assume is the "ticket number" for these skates. Is it possible to contact a Bauer Rep and just have them make another pair (APX2 of course) of the same size???? I have tried Vapor XXX 9.5 DA's. Vapor XXXX 9.0 DA's and Vapor 7.0 in 9.5DA (which had way too high and wide a mid foot) none are narrow enough. What is a person with a truly narrow foot supposed to do?!?!?! I live in Kansas City Missouri (recently relocated here from Omaha, Nebraska) and there are no good hockey shops around here!!! Im tempted to jump on a plane and go visit JR to get measured for a custom skate!!! Thanks for your help.

Edited by blackhawks4ever

I don't know if you have to be the person tied to that number/account or not. Interesting question. My friend just went from custom Flex Lites to custom Nexus' using his ticket number. Honestly, after 17 years, I'd just spend the extra cash and go custom from scratch. It's definitely worth it.

I would LOVE to go from scratch and just get measured for a custom pair of APX2's but I have no idea (short of flying up to JR) where close to me there is a person who knows what they are doing as far as getting the correct measurements. Maybe Ryan at Slap Shot Hockey Shop in DesMoines Iowa???

So 5 weeks to the day I ordered my skates showed up at my LHS. I went and got them baked Friday and went to a public session Sat to just skate in them and played a pickup game today.

IMG_20130913_194154_649.jpg

The skates felt great, just going to take a while to get used to. I can tell that the toe-box is not as wide on the Nexus as they were on the Flexlites I used to have but once these break in they should be great. As mentioned I went with the black clarino liner as that was what I had gotten previously and it definitely helps keep your foot from slipping etc. Much better grip than the factory liner. Also went with the APX2 tongue. Now it's weird, I chose the black felt and I guess that does not come in the 3 piece like white as its a 2 piece tongue. That's fine with me because I used the older supreme tongues in my last skates and these feel just like that only with APX2 on it.

IMG_20130913_194319_415.jpg

IMG_20130913_194246_463.jpg

The LS3 steel takes some time to get used to. The open skate I did not feel comfortable at all with them. Almost like too much of my blade was contacting the ice. I may get them profiled if after skating a few times if i cant get used to them. I will say though, I definitely felt a lot more stable in turns etc with the added height and just felt overall faster in this steel with a lot less effort! Skating today was a lot better and I can tell I'm getting used to them more. A taller/different steel with brand new skates makes it a bit awkward for now.

IMG_20130913_194351_744.jpg

The only complaint I have so far is that unlike the retail Nexus, the drainage holes on the bottom of my skate were just drilled and not clean. It doesn't really bother me but to me, with the amount of money I spent, you'd think they have made it look nice like they do on the retail skates.

IMG_20130913_194424_144.jpg

Overall I know i'm going to like these skates and are obviously worth it as its the only way I can skate. Now to continue with the break-in process as these things are very stiff!

Supreme felt with insert.

Some more info in regards to APX2 skates; if you have to increase volume, cut down the height of the shoulder or cut back lacing on top, you will be forced to have standard eyelets instead of the injected system that is on the stock skate; they can't modify it. You also can't get a molded tongue with the APX2 facing; you can get standard and double felt with it though.

Also, APX2 and NXG only come in #2 stiffness (retail) and above.

Here's an example. IMG_00000143.jpg