Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
aal

How to order custom Bauer skates

Nice pic that last one. Some of you guys are the lucky ones who live somewhere near where you can really get custom skates. Or good fitting, if you put it that way. After all, that´s all you need. Here in Europe that is very rare if you aren´t professional player. But it is nice to read these writings and learn what is really possible to do if you have the luxury to get well fitted custom skates. I personally would need nexus eyelet lining because of the high instep volume, and apx interior (eee/a) for right fit, and also curve materials, but how is it done in real life? Nexus 1000 heel is really horrible (wide and akward) in my opinion, and the toecap has really generous (too much) volume.

I think JR needs to do some European tour for us..!! :laugh: Or maybe I will wait for Nexus 8000 skate and just hope they change the fit...

• Like 1

The only complaint I have so far is that unlike the retail Nexus, the drainage holes on the bottom of my skate were just drilled and not clean. It doesn't really bother me but to me, with the amount of money I spent, you'd think they have made it look nice like they do on the retail skates.

Personally I've had good luck with drilling drainage holes and then using an eyelet to "finish" the hole off. Maybe see if your LHS could do something like that, just to clean up the look.

• Like 1

Id rather bump this than start a new thread...

I have been doing a lot of reading, and still cant find the answer to this written in plain english: Is a custom Bauer Supreme D and 'True D', aka a Vapor D... or is a Supreme D, aka an E width? And so on, obviously... is a C a 'True C' or is a Supreme custom C actually a True D, aka a normal Vapor?

Thanks.

Anything at custom is true, regardless of model. The only production skate that is at a true width is Vapor.

I'm somewhat confused with regards to width. If you're a D in Supremes, would be an E in Vapors?

Anything at custom is true, regardless of model. The only production skate that is at a true width is Vapor.

Thanks JR. What about the fact the Vapor has a tighter heel? When going custom is an A Vapor heel still tighter than a Bauer A, because of the last they are made on? Or will both A's then be the same fit?

Thanks

I'm somewhat confused with regards to width. If you're a D in Supremes, would be an E in Vapors?

I'm stock skates, a Vapor D is a real Bauer D width. A Supreme D is actually a Bauer E width. Edited by ridindirty

A is standard

AA is narrower

B is wide

Vapor skates are a true last, so a retail D is a true D.

Retail Vapor is DA and EEB

Retail Supreme D is E/A and EE is EEE/B

Retail Nexus D is EE/A and EE is EEEE/B

Supreme stock heel is B.

stock at EE right?

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my next skate purchase. Right now I am in a 8.5D Supreme and I feel like I can drop down a half size, but I think if I did I would have to get a EE. When I was trying on skates the last time the 8D my toes where scrunched but when I was in a LHS recently I put on a supreme 8EE and it felt good in terms of length. Is this recommended?

A is standard

AA is narrower

B is wide

Does this apply to junior skates as well?

A is standard

AA is narrower

B is wide

This is great info to have when looking for skates. Is there a chart anywhere with other brands (CCM, Reebok) listed? Thanks for the information!

This is great info to have when looking for skates. Is there a chart anywhere with other brands (CCM, Reebok) listed? Thanks for the information!

Other brands are true to their custom sizing. D/A, E or EE/B.

Looking at getting Customs. Could someone pls assist with the differences in liners? Pros/Cons of each or what people like and why.

Yeah, me too. What is the process for this again? I want a custom pair this time around. Go to a Local Authorized Dealer and ask to have a rep sent down? I live in Charlotte, this is going to be a pain for sure.

Yeah, me too. What is the process for this again? I want a custom pair this time around. Go to a Local Authorized Dealer and ask to have a rep sent down? I live in Charlotte, this is going to be a pain for sure.

Pretty sure there is a shop in Greensboro that does customs. Wouldn't rely on a rep... they're a mixed bag.

when i got my customs done i didn't talk to a rep at all, i just kinda knew what i wanted and got them made up. received them in alittle under 4 weeks. Im not sure about every liner available but i opted for the grey clarino and i love it, i noticed alot of pro get the clarino its been holding up very well and stays very soft.

when i got my customs done i didn't talk to a rep at all, i just kinda knew what i wanted and got them made up. received them in alittle under 4 weeks. Im not sure about every liner available but i opted for the grey clarino and i love it, i noticed alot of pro get the clarino its been holding up very well and stays very soft.

Thanks....I was thinking grey clarino and will likely be going this route with your feeback! I'm really looking for specific sizing which is easy to lock down so making minor changes are just benefits to the process.

My current thoughts are surrounding going with the new lacing system versus standard lacing. If someone has any further info that would be great.

I personally do not like my skates tight at the top so I can maximize knee bend. On X60's I do not lace the top eyelet and sometimes still feel a bit of restriction from the second eyelet; not sure if the new vs the old lacing system would be better.

I'm new to ice skating and want to eventually play hockey... Unfortunately I have a EEEE width so I can't get into any retail skates. I'm going to custom order some Bauer skates (I'm aware this is gonna run me around $900-$1000). The guy at Kettler Capitals Iceplex Pro Shop said that when you custom order you get to choose all the details. I'm wondering what specs I should get? And which model would be best for me? Thanks for any help!