Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Okay, I gotta ask...if part of the puck goes in, is it a goal? What is the official ruling on that?

I don't know for sure, but my guess would be no goal. If the standard is the puck has to completely cross the line then one would think the entire puck would have to cross the line and not just part of it.

I liek the spin move done that way...as part of the approach..not the dead stop at the top of the crease he's pulled out in the past.

Agreed. One fluid motion is much better - I think that's the best version of the spin move I've seen in a shootout. I liked Pouloit's Forsberg move in the shootout too, but that's more common than the spin move. He did pull it off well though...of course, a 16 year old doing it for a medal at an event was more impressive.

Most overrated goal of all time in my opinion

+1 ... First time was cool but now, it's almost as of i wish there was a rule against it. Nobody ever tries that in the NHL and i can see why...

Bolland goal

I have to say I saw that one -- I was there! It was great, especially because he made that move count by finishing!

Nobody's talking much about it, but that was a very nice feed by Kopy.

NHL.com front page has some of the shootout contest goals/attempts from the CHL Prospects game last night. Some nice moves you wouldn't want to see anyone try in a game *L*

Move over Pavel Datsyuk, you have company. Dennis Brown of Western Michigan....apparently, he's done this 4 times and been successful each time.

IMO, D'Browns version is even more ridiculous.