Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

Surprised that's allowed. Not only did the puck go backwards, but he stopped forward momentum and skated horizontally to the goal line.

Surprised that's allowed. Not only did the puck go backwards, but he stopped forward momentum and skated horizontally to the goal line.

i think the discretion is that it's still a 'continual motion'. Like the spin-o-rama move that NHLers are doing these days, there's no real complete stop which is why it's allowed.

never seen that done in gameplay before, ballsy move

Hard to pass up, Nemo gave him the net.

i think the discretion is that it's still a 'continual motion'. Like the spin-o-rama move that NHLers are doing these days, there's no real complete stop which is why it's allowed.

What's the rule? Is it that the player can't move backward?

i can't remember exactly; there was another thread somewhere on here. in a nutshell, yes...as long as a player doesn't flat out stop and the move to try to score a goal remains one complete motion it should be allowed. it is defined as such in the NHL rulebook which is why refs can't negate the move;technicality. It'll probably be one of those rules altered for next year.

i can't remember exactly; there was another thread somewhere on here. in a nutshell, yes...as long as a player doesn't flat out stop and the move to try to score a goal remains one complete motion it should be allowed. it is defined as such in the NHL rulebook which is why refs can't negate the move;technicality. It'll probably be one of those rules altered for next year.

I overcame my laziness and googled it -- http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26308

Looks like the puck is supposed to continue in motion toward the goal, obviously some judgment involved here. Spin-o-rama is specifically approved.

linus omark did it again

almost looks like the goalie threw the game! Watch how his leg comes up and the puck goes under. The Sabres mascot, Sabretooth, does the exact thing when the 4 yr olds shoot on him!

almost looks like the goalie threw the game! Watch how his leg comes up and the puck goes under. The Sabres mascot, Sabretooth, does the exact thing when the 4 yr olds shoot on him!

I think the goalie was trying to rise up and "look big" (as PMcG likes to say), and prevent the lob goal that Omark is known for...looks like that idea backfired - badly! *L*

The Pred's goalie was trying to stop this shot.

I think Scott Hannan's goal last night should be in this thread. It's not really a spectacular goal but he's a stay at home D-man and apparently some of mike green is rubbing off on him. Also, was a great pass by ovechkin to make it Happen.

Speaking of goals by stay at home d-men: Mike Johnson was doing the Regional TSN/Habs game last night. During the warm up/pre gmae he says he has a good feeling about Hal Gill scoring. He hasn't scored in over a Calendar year...90-something games.

Seriously....who makes that prediction?????

5 minutes into the game....Gill's popint shot narrowly misses Pacioretty's tip and goes in. Goal...monkey...gone! Mike Johnson looks like a genius *L*

Sounds good until you think about all of the other warm up/pre-game predictions that Johnson has made that didn't happen. Yet another case of the blind squirrel.

Sounds good until you think about all of the other warm up/pre-game predictions that Johnson has made that didn't happen. Yet another case of the blind squirrel.

LOL...true. But even a broken clock is right 2 times a day!

A lot of nice ones in the last little while. This one is a bit old:

little engine that could.

Miller's goal last night was a stinker, but Helm and Franzen's goals last night were just perfect.