Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RadioGaGa

The "Holy Crap, Did You See That Goal?" Thread

It's been said a million times, but if his compete level and heart matched his skill...OMG!!!!!

Ever see the vid with the one handed wrist shots! Just ridiculous skill.

It's been said a million times, but if his compete level and heart matched his skill...OMG!!!!!

or maybe if he would actually tie his skate, he would be able to skate.

you mean his one handed BACKHAND shots? lol.

- them him lofting the puck from one end to the other and landing it on the top of the net.

- then him hitting post and in on like 4 consecutive shots.

- then him calling a slapshot from one end to go top corner and hitting it.

yeah. i'm done.

i dont get it? lol

The Linesman in the picture, Ray Scapinello, was one of the longest active linesman and very famously skated with his skates untied and loosely laced.

Makes you realize how much skill even the "unskilled" guys actually have in 'The Show'!

Just check the players out before the game. During their warm up their unskilled guys pulls off some sick moves. It's not that they're unskilled in the NHL, it's that they can't pull those moves off at full speed all the time. The best ones do. There are also other aspects as creativity and vision that those unskilled guys don't have. Still just lightyears better than mere hockey mortals like us.

Bobby f'in Ryan. I thought his first hatty goal was nice but I have nothing to say after that one. I can't recall the last time I've seen someone walk the same player twice within seconds and bury it. Pure gold!

They had just finished talking about Legwand and how he is an original Pred...and how "...he knows all to well about this teams playoff struggles" then that happened to him!

Without a stick...what else could have have done...I suppose pulling him down and just taking the penalty is an option, but I doubt he thought he'd pull both moves...and then a deke on goal. That hit at :09 would have been a beauty though if it had connected *L*.

They had just finished talking about Legwand and how he is an original Pred...and how "...he knows all to well about this teams playoff struggles" then that happened to him!

Without a stick...what else could have have done...I suppose pulling him down and just taking the penalty is an option, but I doubt he thought he'd pull both moves...and then a deke on goal. That hit at :09 would have been a beauty though if it had connected *L*.

How about coming in a little slower on Ryan and trying to ride him out of the play? The downside of those attempted hip checks was the quick lateral movement, which required less time to dodge.

Another option for Legwand was to just stop in front of Ryan forcing him to go one way or the other, giving Rinne somewhat of a chance to defend either forehand OR backhand. Then again the backchecking, well lack thereof from Weber is also one to blame here.

Legwand just should have went shoulder to shoulder with Ryan. That way he isn't turning his back on Ryan, letting Ryan just hop around him.