Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miraclestone special deal

I worked out a deal from Doug from Miraclestone - I've been raving about his Miraclestone for a while now. I found out about it from the Nashville Predators equipment staff when they came to my rink in Orlando.

It's a very fine grit honing stone - you can read more about it on their website.

It's an awesome stone to refresh your edges before you skate. I use it as my final pass stone when I sharpen - after I'm done, I spray the blade with water (which is necessary to activate the stone) and hone the skate. It's really awesome.

http://www.miraclestone.com/photo.html?cat=5

$4 is a good deal. I was paying almost $6 for them. It's worth it.

MSH is not getting compensated for this. My belief is when I believe in a product, I try to help them out.

Um...credit card...

Don't know if you guys know this, but you are eligible for a free Visa Debit card with PayPal, which you can use and it deducts from your PP account.

It's an awesome stone to refresh your edges before you skate.  I use it as my final pass stone when I sharpen - after I'm done, I spray the blade with water (which is necessary to activate the stone) and hone the skate.  It's really awesome.

Do you spray with cold water or hot water?

Just ordered two of them, and it was very easy. Total of 16$ i think that cdn. I did the second shipping option though... i dont really know what the difference was but i think i ordered the more expensive one on accident. Either way i got two shipped for the price of one from a store.

I keep a spray bottle in my shop, so just regular water.

Does it have t be a "spray" or can you just get it wet with a shot of water from a regular water bottle....?

The grit. It's smoother. And abrasive at the same time.

The stones that are available in stores are not high-quality. It's just a regular stone and they apply grit to it.

It's not a gimmick at all. Just a high-quality honing stone.

that stuff is horrible the sweet stick... ive used it twice and it just brings the worn edges on your blade back up so its a bit sharper, except it makes the sides uneven and you cant stop anymore cause your skates are sharp and one edge is higher. I had graf skates too, so it was horrible

Any chance we can get a deal on the sweet stick?

If you want one, I heard negative feedback on this, but if it helps you then get one.

In this case we happen to believe in the product and we don't mind passing along a deal to our members. Think of it as the "ModSquad Seal of Approval".

Well, actualy, my goalie wants a few, he loves them. And I used them on my tblades with positive results, my skates were pretty dull, and they did feel pretty sharper after (maybe it was all in my head), but when I was shooting at a goalie camp, and some 12 year olds screwed with my skates, and sweetsticked them too much, I couldnt skate they were so sharp. **There is a key to using the sweetstick, you MUST do it slowly and only a few times at the most, of you will screw up your edges, and make sure you do it in a stright line, and do the ENTIRE length of the blade**

JR,

Thanx for the offer.

The great part of this is that they are located in T.O., and I got my Miraclestones yesterday after I ordered them last Friday (i'm just outside of T.O.)

Thanx again JR