Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Miraclestone special deal

I'll have to email Doug. However it is cheaper than $4.95.

Any word back from Doug yet, JR? I was just going to go the epuck route as well until I saw this thread.

Thanks,

Jeff

I know this is an old topic, But im going to order one of the Miraclestones, But i dont know how to pay with paypal? Anybody help me out?

Dude, just sign up to paypal, then pay. It's that simple. (you need a credit card)

Hey JR,

Would a stone like this work on t'blades as well? I bought a generic sharpening stone a little while back for use with my CCM e-blades, but I lost it. I'm looking to replace and this miracle stone looks like a good option, but i've gone for some t'blades now and I'm wondering if it would work on a t'blade? I was looking at the special t'blade stone, and it costs like 15$ american, which seems a litte pricy for a stone. What is the deal?

Thanks JR! I'll probably get a Miraclestone ASAP then, or maybe when I get through this fight with Hockeymonkey.com to get my skates.

So why then, is hockeymonkey.com charging 15$ american for this "special" stone for t'blades? Is there actually a difference? Is there a difference but no real practical advantage? Is there no difference at all, but just an overinflated price for a completely regular stone?

:blink: This wont do any thing a $2:99 Hard Arkansas pocket stone from any good hardware store would do right?? I've been stoning the side of my blades for years-What is the difference between this and a normal whetstone???

That's essentially what it is. However I've never seen Arkansas stones for that price.

Most skaters use non-abrasive stones where the grit is sprayed on.

That's essentially what it is. However I've never seen Arkansas stones for that price.

No kidding. A quick search on the internet and the cheapest I found was $9.99.

Is a Lowry stone (made in Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver) the same thing as an Arkansas stone?

you sold me, i bought two wasnt around $4 though. i also paid for expedited shipping thinking my team was in the playoffs on saturday, just to find out the league changed their tie-breaker system (even though they told me contrary on saturday). oh well there are still friday's league, look forward to trying the stone out.

So are you guys just running the stone along the flat of the outside of the blade... along the whole length? Or are you angling the stone at all along the blade edge? I mean, it takes off the burrs that might be slightly stick out from the edge, but it doesn't really take out the ruts in the edge itself. I just wasn't sure if it was SUPPOSED to take out the ruts.. or just knock off the burrs.

Thanks,

Jeff

I know there aren't many people on here that are fond of the Sweet Stick...how does that CrossXCut differ from the SS...? looks to be doing the same thing as SS.

I just heard about this. The link to the website doesn't work. Are they still in business?

Nevermind. Did a google search. Ordered one to try it out.